PDA

View Full Version : If you were to go blind tomorrow would you still cd?

tricia_uktv
05-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Wacky I know but I was walking out of a dark shop this evening into the low English sunlight (it does happen) and for a moment lost my bearings. This thought suddenly struck me.

My answer - yes, probably, but for how long? I can still taste (lipstick), touch (stockings), smell (perfume)

Next thought - can you be born blind and be a cd? Answer must be yes but I can't get my head round it.

Final thought - If you were a blind cd what would people notice? Whether you were blind or whether you were a cd?

At that I gave up thinking - all far too hard. Interesting questions and may say a lot about us.

Any thoughts?

Emily Anderson
05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
You forgot the sound of panty elastic :)

So, a definite YES!

Gemma Rhodes
05-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I know of 2 CDs one of which has been blind since birth and the other only has very, very limited sight again from birth.

I agree it can be difficult to understand but it just re-enforces my belief that we are born this way whether blind or not.

Bilinda
05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Thinking that a blind man who is a cd would not dress due to blindness is like saying all women that are blind should not have the urge to dress up in anything other than a bag. So yes, it's there, plain and simple. If a blind GG dresses up pretty why not a cd?

Deborah Jane
05-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I,d still dress but i think it may create a few problems!!!
Putting on makeup would become a nightmare, you wouldn,t know when your wig was on crooked, and as for getting dressed:eek:..Doesn,t bare thinking about!!

Sandygal
05-22-2008, 04:01 PM
For sure. It's not a visual thing with me, it's a feeling.

Mary Morgan
05-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Absolutely. I might spend a little less time on my makeup, but I'd dress all the more. Fact is, a big part of my love of women's clothing is the feel of the fabrics against my skin and not just the look, so yes, I'd probably dress every bit as much or more.

boy2girl31
05-22-2008, 04:15 PM
It may sound mean but I don't mean it that way.

Look on the bright side at least you wouldn't know if people were looking at you strange.

Ayame
05-22-2008, 04:25 PM
If I went blind I most likely wouldn't I do it mostly for the look and not for the feel.

bridget thronton
05-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Yes, I like the way a skirt feels more than how it looks

Angela-Russell
05-22-2008, 10:49 PM
You also forgot that lovely rustling sound that some clothes make as you move around in them. I hope that I could still dress, but I think it would be very difficult x

docrobbysherry
05-23-2008, 12:08 AM
My imagination isn't very good. That's why I have keep trying things out and on, to see if they work, and if I like them.

Chiana
05-23-2008, 01:48 AM
It would be very hard but a lot of what I like about crossdressing is the smells of make-up and perfumes. Plus I like the sensation of touching fur, slips, the wind up my skirt, the wig hair gently touching my neck and face, etc.

Amy Hepker
05-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tricia_uktv
05-23-2008, 03:30 AM
There must be a blind cd reading this forum?

kay_jessica
05-23-2008, 03:42 AM
I agree it can be difficult to understand but it just re-enforces my belief that we are born this way whether blind or not.

I disagree, it is not difficult to understand. The need to express one as female is not base on visual stimuli. Its not what we look like outside (thought it is nice to look pretty), it is what we feel like inside. You could be blind and deaf and still feel you were female and want to express yourself thus. OK. true there are some that may CD as a result of some pre-puberty conditioning, but the further you are along that controversial never to be talked about continuum from fetish tranny to Post Op TS the deeper your inner self is feminine. Whether you can see and hear.

Hugs

Kay

Jeannie Bingham
05-23-2008, 03:47 AM
If I went blind tomorrow the first thing I would do would be to get to a doctor as fast as possible! Deciding on whether I would continue CDing would be way down my list of priorities! It is an interesting thought though and if I was going to be permanently blind then yes I would definitely continue to CD. My makeup might look a bit strange though.

cosmolovesph
05-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes as i LOVE the feel of Pantyhose/nylons... the sound of my heels on the tile floor, the smell of the make up / perfume and the fit of the clothing.

Hannah_88
05-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, I underdress only, and the feel of that would not change.

KimberlyS
05-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes, for me CDing is little about looks and most the feel and knowing I am wearing femme clothes to bring my feminine self and feelings in line with what society says feminine should look like.

Becca
05-23-2008, 02:29 PM
If blind from birth, the differences between the way men and women dress would be expressed much differently. Since I am a very visual person this is difficult to imagine, yet I suppose I would initially focus on touch- the smoothness and texture of different fabrics would be very evident; the sounds a woman makes are much different, and vary even more by the variety of options available: the rustle of silks and satin, the sharp clicks of a heel, long hair being brushed, and so on. And the smell - Chanel? Evening in Paris? I can well imagine being completely overwhelmed by the notion of crossdressing, even when blind, but I can also imagine that the frustration of not being able to understand what to use or what to wear to achieve a certain effect would be daunting.

Such a person would need an understanding tutor to help them develop a body of experience to match up with their expectations and their desires.

veronica
05-23-2008, 03:33 PM
yes of course, although i would probably not be very stylish and my make-up would be worse:heehee:

adelle
05-23-2008, 04:05 PM
YES!! but would have to stop painting my nails then :sad:

Suzie S.
05-24-2008, 05:03 AM
Actually I think dying is about the only way I'd stop crossdressing. :heehee:

Angie G
05-24-2008, 08:05 AM
I think I would still dress. :hugs:
Angie