PDA

View Full Version : New term suggestions

battybattybats
05-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I've been thinking about some of the terms we use and a few I think seem to negative so I'd like to suggest some alternatives.

Out just sounds exposed and awkward and doesn't seem to carry the strength and bravery of those people.

I suggest Warrior Princess and Warrior Prince for those who are open about themselves in public, especially if they are involved in activism.

Stealth for those who pass all the time and live without acknowledging their past also sounds awkward but I'm not sure what would work well to replace it but I did think that for those living stealth who are still involved in activism behind the scenes and for those deeply closeted involved in activism behind the scenes I propose Ninja Prince and Ninja Princess.

Of course the pirate fans may want to swap warrior for pirate where appropriate.

Niya W
05-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Samurai dresser. Practitioner of the art of stealth dressing.

Deanna2
05-22-2008, 08:43 PM
I like your sentiment, but warrior sounds a bit dramatic and who are they fighting? I thought we just wanted to live in peace (not pieces).

How about using the term XD? It incorporates Gen X and dressing.

lisalove
05-22-2008, 08:45 PM
May I add the word "caught"? I really can't stand it. We're not doing anything wrong, illegal, imoral or causing cancer, so how are we "caught"?

Raquel June
05-22-2008, 08:49 PM
I like the sound of Ninja Princess. I wish askaninja.com had a princess section.

I dunno about Warrior Princess ... because Xena is a Warrior Princess and she's awful manly. And XD ... that's already either a smiley, or the name of a Croatian fake Glock.

CharleneT
05-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Arrggg matey, I'd be takin' advantige of that thar title of

Pirate !

Let me come to ur touwn and we'll be talking about whose is in that thar closet and whouse is coming out befur the fire licks up the walls

ARRRrrr.....

(lame but I do love pirates...)

docrobbysherry
05-23-2008, 12:06 AM
They wouldn't let my daughter into the pirate movie because it was rated ARRRR.

Batty, I guess that would make me a Stealth Princess Wimp. Secretly hiding away in my closet.

battybattybats
05-23-2008, 01:12 AM
They wouldn't let my daughter into the pirate movie because it was rated ARRRR.

Batty, I guess that would make me a Stealth Princess Wimp. Secretly hiding away in my closet.

You do yourself an injustice. You've weathered all manner of criticism here and you've confronted a lot of people with their own difficulties with others differences. It may not have been your intent but it's what you did nonetheless.

That gets my respect and so you should give yourself some respect too.

Carol123
05-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Closet Vamp:belly: