PDA

View Full Version : Angry and dissapointed...

Melissa A.
05-10-2005, 11:47 AM
I am so angry with my ex, and dissapointed in myself right now.

A little background, first: My second wife and I never should have married. She was looking for a husband, and I, though I thought I was ready, was probably still on the rebound from my first wife. That was truly heartbreaking. This was not. When we split up last Spring, it was a great relief to me. To her too, as far as I know. She moved out. I stayed in the apartment. I wanted her to go so bad, I payed all the bills the last 3 months she was there, so she could save up for her own place. She is kinda lazy, and in my opinion, not real bright. 10 months later, a bunch of her stuff is still here. She comes over, usually on weekends when I am usually away,(i work alot) and takes a handful of stuff with her. I have never had a real huge problem with this, and am a pretty easygoing person, sometimes to a fault. She still has keys, and again, I don't have a big problem with that. She often will leave a message a day or two in advance, but I really don't care about that. I usually have not been there when she comes over, anyway. I usually hear the message after she has come and gone. She has done a few thoughtless things, like leaving a mess a couple of times. She also broke the closer on the deck screen door taking out furniture with someone once and never said anything about it. I got over it. My view, having been through divorce before, is, "Is this gonna mean anything to me a year from now?" If the answer is no, I just drop it and move on.

She knows I am a crossdresser. Didn't like it, but never gave me a truly hard time about doing it when she wasn't home. My friends and family really don't like her, something I always suspected, but was never really told till after the fact. She talks too much, always seems to be putting on an act, and generally annoys people. On top of that, she bounced checks to a couple of my friend's wives while we were married(a pampered chef thing, or something) and when they got really angry, she acted like it was no big deal. We did have financial problems, which I am as much at fault for as her. Those days are mostly behind me, as I have found a very good job. Anyway, enough of these minute details.

In addition to splitting up with my wife, cleaning up my finances, and working very hard to get this job(it took months of hard work), last year was the time I finally came to terms with myself as a cd. I have learned to love who I am truly. And outside of work, maybe, I really don't care who knows.(on the other hand, I don't shove it in people's faces, either. I don't see a need to make people uncomfortable, like neighbors) All the years of shame, embarrassment, denial and suppression are truly behind me. I really am happy. For what is the first time in my life.

On Sunday, I got home in the morning after 2 days out of town, working. After relaxing for a while, I got dressed. After a little while, I heard a knock on the door. At first, I thought it must be the downstairs neighbor. Figured I'd just go in my bedroom and not answer, as he knows I work and sleep wierd hours sometimes. It was my ex, and she opened the door, calling my name. OK, I thought, She's never actually seen me dressed and madeup, but what the hell.This is the new me, and this is my place. Not a big deal. Bring it on.Then I heard her talking to someone. I said from the bedroom, "Are you alone?"

"No, Mom's with me."

This caught me compleely off guard. I said, "I just got back into town, and was sleeping." Even though the TV and computer were on. She caught a glimpse of me through the cracked door, then closed it. I stayed in my room while they were there, maybe five minutes. I can't tell you how horrible this made me feel! It brought back all those memories of being afraid, embarrassed. Made me feel like I haven't proggressed at all, even though I was doing it to keep her mother from feeling uncomfortable. I almost walked right out once, but didn't. I felt like a scared, ashamed teen. I had an opportunity to show that I am comfortable with who I am, and failed.

Later in the day, I called her and we had a huge fight. I said it is common courtesy to call someone before you come over, to make sure it's a good time. She said she did call, on Friday, and that IT"S NOT HER PROBLEM that I didnt get the message! And that it's never been a problem before, as I am never there. I said that doesn't matter. I don't care if you give me a heads up a day or two in advance or not. Your'e always welcome to come here and get stuff. Just call right before to make sure it's a good time. Besides being dressed, I could have had a woman here. I could be sick. Anything. That was very inconsiderate, and you made me look like an idiot. I want you to tell your mom, if she doesn't know, that I am a crossdresser, and that I stayed in my room for her benefit.

She didn't get any of it. She just kept repeating "I did call".

On top of that, she called back five minutes later, to let me know that she may be coming over Friday to get more stuff. Then I truly went nuts. DON"T YOU GET ANYTHING? ARE YOU DENSE? I SAID YOU DON"T HAVE TO DO THAT! HAVEN"T YOU HEARD A WORD I SAID?!? JUST SHOW ME SOME RESPECT AND COURTESY AND CALL RIGHT BEFORE YOU COME OVER, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

"But I did call! It's not my problem if..."

Couldn't take it. Hung up.

I will get over "failing the test". I did it to not make her mom uncomfortable, I know that. Although I had a good long cry over it, especially when I talked to my gf later. She was a great help. It just made me feel so shitty about myself, regardless of the reason.

As far as our fight, was I wrong? I do have to admit that if they had come over and I had not been dressed, I probably would not have been half as pissed off. So I don't know.

Thanks for listening, everyone. It feels good to write it down and get it out again. Sorry the post was so long.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Johanna
05-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Best advice is to get her things out and change the locks. It is your house (apartment) and you shouldn't have to deal with her inconsiderate behavoir.

Johanna

Cissy Suzie
05-10-2005, 12:09 PM
As far as our fight, was I wrong? I do have to admit that if they had come over and I had not been dressed, I probably would not have been half as pissed off. So I don't know.

The fact that you were dressed really is beside the point! Your privacy is what matters here.

I don't think you were wrong to expect the common decency of a phone call before a visit. It is a simple matter of respect. I would never just drop over at someone's home, without a call ahead, even if I had left a message earlier in the week.

She has been pretty lucky. If it were me I would be calling a locksmith right now and have the locks changed and tell her to rent a truck if she needs one and get her stuff out of my house NOW!

Just my opinion ;)

Wendy me
05-10-2005, 12:13 PM
ok frist things frist.... huge wendy hugs to you girlfreind....ok your home should be a place that you can do as you want .... and also let you be you. it sounds like you have been more than fair.....letting her come and go... getting her things out and now you have this come up and then tell her how you thought and felt ... and she dosen't get it or maybe just dosen't care ... tell her that on a certin date all her things need to be out ... tell her that you are changeing the locks . your home should be restected and not tacken for granted ....

now go out shopping and get you something nice...

more huge wendy hugs for you....

Sigrid
05-10-2005, 12:13 PM
I will get over "failing the test". I did it to not make her mom uncomfortable, I know that. Although I had a good long cry over it, especially when I talked to my gf later. She was a great help. It just made me feel so shitty about myself, regardless of the reason.

Melissa,

I don't think you failed anything. This is perhaps the most intimate part of all our lives. When and with whom we choose to share it with must be done on our own terms.

Your ex has, and continues to violate your privacy and trust. Let her know that this will no longer happen. Change the locks on your doors now. Tell her that you need her to pick up the remainder of her things in the very near future and that she will need to arrange a time with you to do that.

~Sigrid

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-10-2005, 12:14 PM
HI hun, its ur place and u can do anything u want in ur place (within the limits of the law ;) ),,

as for the "X" call her and tell her ur gona put all her stuff out front and if she wants it to come and get it,, but have the office change ur locks b4 u do. :)

sometimes u have to be a bit cold with people for them to get the hint

ChristineRenee
05-10-2005, 12:18 PM
I agree with the other girls here. You were not wrong Melissa...you deserve your space and your privacy.

Love,
Chrissie:)

Christine Hanes
05-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Talk about the patients of a saint. I think you have gone above and beyond in accomidating her Melissa. It's time for her to move out all together and for you to have your OWN space again.

Lady Jayne
05-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Melissa
Personally I'd ask for the key back, Why should you have to go to the expense of changing the locks?
As for bieng angry, my home is my sanctuary, my refuge. I would have been furious, if I invite someone into my home then I would do anything to make them comfortable but for them to just walk in.......#### girl!
That said some people just don't get it!.... it's not really their fault, it's just that some people are so wrapped up in their own lives it doesn't occure to them how insensitive they are bieng.

As for beating yourself up over staying in your bedroom, like you said your not embaressed or ashamed of what you are, unlike your ex you just have the decency to consider other peoples feelings.....that's a good thing surley XXX

Julie York
05-10-2005, 12:48 PM
I can understand you being upset Melissa and you should finally set a date and get HER out of the house.
You should never be intimidated in your own house.

But, I think you're maybe upset about what you felt when your privacy was invaded rather than the series of events. If you look at the facts it was only ONE communication breakdown.

She left a message.
You didn't get it.
She came over anyway "As it's never been a problem before" and accidentally caught you out.

So you went nuts at her on the phone.

She then rang back to TELL YOU she would be coming over again, knowing that you were in and WOULD get the message this time, so as to not accidentally catch you out again.

And you went nuts again.

But anyway, time to change the locks and get her stuff out once and for all I think.

Good luck.

chris
05-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Melissa,

a big hug ! I'm not going to re state what any anyone else has already said but I will say this, you need to make a clean break from her ! she's no good. Next time she comes over don't let her in, and I agree change the locks asap ! your obviously in a tough spot and i feel for you just remember we're here for you.....xoxo Chris :)

Sigrid
05-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Personally I'd ask for the key back, Why should you have to go to the expense of changing the locks?

Peace of mind. Never having to wonder if she had a spare made for herself, or her mother, or friends...... Knowing for certain that you own the only key.

Lady Jayne
05-10-2005, 02:02 PM
That's a fair point Sigrid, It didn't occure to me that someone may hold onto a key even after you'd asked for it back, that's just so rude!!!.... then again I can be a bit naive at times.

KewTnCurvy GG
05-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Best advice is to get her things out and change the locks. It is your house (apartment) and you shouldn't have to deal with her inconsiderate behavoir.

Johanna

Amen, amen, amen!!!!

Heed this advice grrl!

hugs
kew

Kimberly
05-10-2005, 02:17 PM
hugs, melissa :)

and lots more hugs xx

StaceyUK
05-10-2005, 02:45 PM
I have had friend impose on my hospitality before and turn up drunk at my house late at night. I let them in but then sat naked watching the telly pointing out that it was my house after all. They left pretty soon and did not seem too keen on coming back.

Somehow that was easier for me than being dressed I wonder which one is more acceptable by society (sounds like a college debate)

Sorry to have rambled and I hope all is sorted out for you soon. :)

MonaSmith
05-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Hiya Melissa,

Sorry to hear that this upset you so much. I don't have any advice as such, just the wise words of Gloria Gaynor:-

And so you're back from outer space
I just walked in to find you here, with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second you'd be back to bother me

Well, it almost fits.

You will survive,

Love Mona xx.

eileen1969
05-10-2005, 02:51 PM
you remind me of my ex1 and I can relate to a tee! she is the same way! not the sharpest tool in the shed!
and we do get along! I thank god we split up! to make this to the piont! either change your locks or get them keys back! girl! Do it right now and you'll thank me later! take care n get those keys! ;)

Katie Ashe
05-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi there, stand up for your self, we'll be here for you. I offer a hug if you need it to. I hope she moves on soon, You don't diserve that kind of treatment. I agree change your locks also, you have rights also. Sorry really.

Katie

Tamara Croft
05-10-2005, 03:01 PM
My advice is.... don't bother getting the keys back, she may have had another set cut!!! Just change the locks, bag up what's left and tell her to fetch it the day you bag it up or tell her it will be going bai bai to the dustbin men. Just remind yourself who PAYS for that apartment... and if she keeps making a mess or breaking things, who ends up paying for the replacement???

Melissa A.
05-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Thank you, girls. All the support and advice is heartwarming. I am taking steps to insure that this will not happen again, though it may take me a few days.

And I am going to make sure we both move on and all her stuff is gone soon.

Thank you, all for letting me share, and for being there. Hugs back to everyone. If anyone ever needs to talk, about anything, don't hesitate.

Thank you again.

Love & Hugs,

Priscilla1018
05-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Melissa,

You are just too darn nice,don't ever change.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

michelle-jean
05-10-2005, 04:14 PM
lady u seem like a good person. but like we all are trying to tell you.stand UP for yourself get a backbone, you are not a door mate to her or anyone else.YOU ARE A HUMANBEING,YOU ARE SOMEBODY,YOU CAN BE UNHAPPY BY YOURSELF YOU DON,T NEED ANY HELP.OH OH OH .I GET SO UP SET WHEN I HEAR THINGS LIKE THIS.OH let me calm down,you don,t owe her anything. change the locks on you place and change the locks to your heart.youhave to do this.and let it be OVER OVER OVER.being nice is one thing but leting people run over you is another.stand up and say NO MORE.michellejean.(mrs.highheels) :)

Marianne
05-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Nothing much to add except to also say change the locks.

The alternative is to get a court order and have her arrested if she lets herself in.

linda glam
05-10-2005, 04:29 PM
melissa i understand your upset .You are entitled to your privacy in your own home and you should change the locks so you have the option of not answering anycallers!

PaulaJeanette
05-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Melissa,

What a terrific persion you are...your ex missed a jewel! Although you say you should never have married, using hindsight, we can always see a clear path with many signs. Regardless, decisions like this are very hard to deal with, especially when they involve our hearts. As I've always said, do what you believe is best for yourself and the situation...only you have all the information.

Best wishes!

With great admiration for all you've been through,

Paula J.

azure
05-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Sounds like your really frustrated and annoyed by your space, your home, your peace of mind being compromised and diluted by the behaviour of your ex, maybe she has issues about leaving you that she is unable to rationalise, maybe doesnt want to. So you need to set up the boundaries of your relationship and your space, I know youve done alot of this already, but boundaries can be set up in a overt way or through very subtle means, when their are corroded, we get unsettled.
You deserve happiness and peace of mind and the opportunity to move on.
Good luck hun x

Vivian Best
05-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi Melissa,

I don't know what your plans are but my advice is to give her one week to get her thing or they will be given to charity and change the locks.

You are not the problem, she is! You have gone a lot further than I would in the same situation. I also appreciate you trying to protect the feelings of your EX's mother. But it is now time for the EX to EXit.

Vivian
:mad:

Deidra Cowen
05-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Sorry about your troubles Melissa, like others have said. Tell her to clear her stuff out and change the locks.

Amelie
05-10-2005, 06:51 PM
All I can say is there comes a time when a situation must come to some kind of end. If it keeps dragging on, no good can come of it. There must be an end to a sour relationship and time to move on.

I wish some of my boyfriends gave me this much time to gather my things after a break-up. They would throw it out on the street if I wasn't out fast enough for them.

melissacd
05-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Melissa,

You are a wonderful, kind, caring, decent person. You have not failed any test. You were just being a kind, caring, decent and considerate person. Your home is you private place and you should not have to be concerned if that space be invaded uninvited. That is your right and your privilege.

All that being said, there is the world the way that we want it to be and there is the world the way it really is. She has a key, her things are at your place, you have allowed her entrance before, it appears, under similar types of prior notice. In her defence, she was acting in a way that sounds like is within her normal character. I am not saying it is right, just that it is. You have not made a big deal of it in the past because you are a wonderful, kind, caring, decent person. That is why we all love ya.

The time has come to be up front with her, as others have said, change the locks, give her a time limit to remove all of her stuff and if she does not pick it up then put it all at the curb on trash day. You have been more than fair and reasonable. You must protect your new found happiness and she must move on.

Hugs
Melissa Eh! - I am in the bleachers cheering you on and always ready to lend a supporting shoulder.

Holly
05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Melissa, one more vote to change the locks.. NOW. And be very specific with the ex as to what your expectations will be concerning future visits! If you were at fault in this, it is only because of your good nature (and being a bit lax in demanding the ex remove her belongings in a more timely fashion). Oh, one more thing... don't you DARE allow your ex or her mom rob you of your peace of mind about who you are. Remember, you are loved and cherished by many. To allow them (or anyone else) to take that away or alter your feelings in any way would be tragic

Sharon
05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Melissa:
I agree with the majority of the girls here; set a date with your ex- to have her things gone, and do the transporting yourself if necessary. I would also change the locks as soon as possible.
Good luck!

Melissa A.
05-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Thank you so much again, everyone. I know there is a difference between trying to do the right thing and letting yourself be taken advantage of. And I know I also sometimes let that line be crossed in the name of taking the high road. And, yes, that this has gone on so long is partly my fault. But the time has come, and the situation will be dealt with this week. Hopefully, rationally and like adults. Thank you for all your kind words. It's no wonder I look so foward to coming here and chatting with my girlfriends. Thank you, girls. I am so happy to have you all as a part of my life.

Hugs,

melissacd
05-10-2005, 08:01 PM
You go girl! :) You will feel so much better when this is resolved.

Helana
05-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Melissa

I dont know the details but does it not look strange to you that she is removing her things in such a slow piecemeal fashion? To me, this looks like her way of staying in touch, having a look around your apartment, reading your mail etc when you are not around.

I think changing the locks is not just a good thing for your privacy but a healthy thing for her to know that she can no longer have open access to you and she will need to treat you with respect from now on.

Nikki A.
05-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I nagree that you should change the locks after you set a date with her to get the rest of her things out.
At least my ex had the courtesy to take anything she wanted and then left the keys on my table when she was done. At least she showed class at the end.

Ophelia D'Void
05-11-2005, 04:29 AM
I can see that she's just probably too self absorbed to realize that she's imposing, and taking your good graces for granted. Her fault, not yours. Julie York may be right in saying that there was a break down in communication, but since she's imposing she's the one that needs to make the extra effort to ensure it's a good time.

And you made a very valid point that it could have been something other than crossdressing that would have been equally uncomfortable, like having a lady friend over, or riding a Shetland pony in nothing other than butt-less leather chaps.

Perhaps her insensitivity and self-centeredness in this situation is just an echo of how she was in the relationship? I suspect her repetition of "But I did call!" is her dysfunctional version of saying "I'm sorry". To echo what Helana mentioned, it may be her way of staying in touch somehow, although maybe more for a connection with better(?) times rather than to impose on your privacy. It maybe easier for her to embrace the past, rather than to go and find her own way. (Gad, I feel like a quack... no offense Kewt)

Hmm, all I can say is that I feel for you, and sometimes the only way to get through to some people is to use bold strokes. Perhaps getting some friends to deliver the remainder of her things all in one shot, and changing the locks (although you've probably heard this a hundred times in this thread already). Or if she still doesn't get it, maybe a crayon sign that says "No girlz allowd!" and wait by the window with a slingshot.

You're a great person Melissa, and believe it or not outrage is a natural and sometimes necessary response to certain situations. Keep it real.

norbie
05-11-2005, 05:33 AM
:mad: Hi Melissa,
I also feel that you are to good hearted for your Ex.
It looks to me like some kind of revenge and humilatiation from your Ex.
What I would do is immediatly change the lock and then let her make an appointment with you to pick up her stuff.
This was NO TEST for you - it was just plain bitchy woman tactic to humiliate you. don't feel bad or fall for it.
As a newcomer I studied all your post and advise and you are a great, caring person.
All my love is with you, don't let THIS KIND OF things let get you down.
You are A GREAT PERSON,
Love Norbie ;)