PDA

View Full Version : Childhood influences

KateW
05-23-2008, 06:29 PM
As I posted in my introductory post many moons ago, I have memories of crossdressing from as early as 3 years old. I was thinking today about some of my favourite songs as a child, and the first one I ever remember liking is "Karma Chameleon" by Boy George - who wore a lot of makeup. My favourite childhood superhero was always Superman - who wore tights. The first album I ever owned was Michael Jackson's "Bad". The King of Pop of course has always worn makeup, had shaped eyebrows and long hair.

That got me to thinking... I wonder if my childhood heroes subconsciously influenced my interest, curiosity and lack of the ingrained stigma to try on girls clothes?

On the other hand, if I was pre-disposed to crossdress from birth, then I guess that would instead have subtly influenced the people I was a fan of as a child.

What are your thoughts?

Kate x

boy2girl31
05-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure if the heroes caused it or if you liked the hereos because of it but it is weird cause I was listening to Karma Chameleon on my way home today. (have it on compact disk... almost just said have it on cd:heehee:)

Wendy me
05-23-2008, 06:44 PM
i think we as a group both MTF and FTM'S we ten to over look this you know to have a reason why we are who we are .. crossed wire .... mom's meds .... birth order or what ever ... simple this is who you are .... this is what you do..... this is you....if your happy then must you look for answers as to why???? or simpler why not the rest of the persons out there stuck as their birth gender and never seeing what could be if one has a open mind and dose what feels and is right for them...............

KateW
05-23-2008, 06:55 PM
I totally accept who I am... I'm not particularly looking for answers, just sharing a thought I had earlier.

Shannen
05-23-2008, 07:03 PM
When I was a young boy, maybe 11?, I saw a "detective" show on TV where the murder victim was a rock singer. The deal was that he got electrocuted by the microphone stand!

Anyway... This "guy" had shoulder length beautiful blond hair, and wore makeup... obviously lipstick, I don't really know what else. He just "acted" feminine and I couldn't believe that a guy could go around like that!!!! (This was the 70's)

I think I went to sleep for a week dreaming about being like that someday!

Does anyone remember this episode? I don't even know the show! Might have been Columbo or something. With all the DVD's of old shows coming out I've been hoping to find it!

Thanks,

Shannen