PDA

View Full Version : Answers

Deborah_UK
05-25-2008, 02:18 AM
I've been a member on here for almost two years (yikes!!) but don't post a lot, usually when I see a thread I feel like responding to someone else has already said what I was going to (and usually does so far more eruditely).

One thing has struck me over the two years has been the regular use of polls to find the answer "why does one crossdress?"

Is because -

most crossdressers are left handed?
most crossdressers are right handed?
most crossdressers are first/second/third (etc) born?
is a crossdresser's choice of employment indicative of being a crossdresser?
was it because you lived in an all female household?
was it because you lived in an all male household?
was it because you had older sisters?
are all crossdressers cat/dog lovers? (don't remember that one but just thought I'd throw it in! :D )

I'm sure there have been other attempts to find some causal links to why someone crossdresses.

I think the results of all these attempts to find causal links prove there are none, crossdressers come from the same wide spectrum of society as other minority groupings.

So instead of trying to find out why - just go out and enjoy yourself.

Anyway what do I know? Im TS anyway :heehee:

DanaR
05-25-2008, 02:35 AM
I agree! But the reason, why we do it, is all of the answers that you listed.

Paula Rae
05-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Hey Deborah,
You forgot: We do it because we "Love It". That's why I became a 24/7 Lady.
"So instead of trying to find out why - just go out and enjoy yourself." Works for me.

Paula Rae

CaptLex
05-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I've been a member on here for almost two years (yikes!!) but don't post a lot, usually when I see a thread I feel like responding to someone else has already said what I was going to (and usually does so far more eruditely).
Deb,

It's true you don't say much, but I usually find your posts insightful - quality over quantity. :thumbsup:

One thing has struck me over the two years has been the regular use of polls to find the answer "why does one crossdress?"

I think those polls are because some people feel the need to find a reason for their crossdressing. Maybe a "legitimate" reason will help them accept themselves, I don't know.

I used to wonder about myself once too, but now I just accept that I am who I am. I don't feel the need to know why anymore. :)

adelle
05-25-2008, 08:42 AM
im left handed, love cats and dogs, had 2 older sisters, and i think its because we have the guts to do it, and we should be proud of it, we actually have the best of both worlds. :hugs:

Emily Anderson
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Deborah,

Indeed, here and in many other forums, websites etc. there are questions and polls to attempt to discover the causes of crossdressing - which I agree are totally pointless - due to the fact that there are obviously an infinite number of possible answers. As far as I can tell, CD'ing is mostly a question of taste and as they say in French, "tastes and colors cannot be argued".

On the other hand, I am interested in knowing more about the behaviour of the CD'ing community, which is why I ask questions that I hope will evoke some thought, and provide some answers to those who are interested in knowing how they "compare" to others in a general sense.

Having said that, I also realize that one cannot conclude too much from individual questions/polls because of the diversity of the population, and the fact that they are not always related to other questions, which could potentially reveal more of a possible trend.

Anyway, it's fun to come up with the questions, and hopefully also fun to participate in the polls!

Alex!
05-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm an American-male-white-thin-artistic-right-handed-first born-secular humanist-politically independent-space geek-cycling enthusiast-crossdresser.

I suppose that captures the essence pretty well.

Emily Anderson
05-25-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm an American-male-white-thin-artistic-right-handed-first born-secular humanist-politically independent-space geek-cycling enthusiast-crossdresser.

Hmm, let me see now... That means you represent .0002% of the worldwide CD population according to my studies, in which case you should go into that box over there.... :)

Alex!
05-25-2008, 09:38 AM
:)

I came from outside the bag the box came in.

docrobbysherry
05-25-2008, 10:38 AM
When I've put out a poll, it wasn't to find out why people CD, just to find out WHO CDs r.

In your thread, u said we come from all walks of life, etc., etc. How do u know all of that? Either you've read extensively about CDs, or you've gotten that info from the very polls u r making fun of!
I'm not well read on CDs. Anything that helps me find out who u r out there, I appreciate!

Silly or serious polls; I say keep them coming, please!

Deborah_UK
05-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Deb,

It's true you don't say much, but I usually find your posts insightful - quality over quantity. :thumbsup:

Thanks Captain - nice to know I've been noticed at least!! :)

When I've put out a poll, it wasn't to find out why people CD, just to find out WHO CDs r.

In your thread, u said we come from all walks of life, etc., etc. How do u know all of that? Either you've read extensively about CDs, or you've gotten that info from the very polls u r making fun of!
I'm not well read on CDs. Anything that helps me find out who u r out there, I appreciate!

Silly or serious polls; I say keep them coming, please!

I wasn't making fun of anything - just trying to point out that there does not appear to be any causal link between crossdressing and being left handed, an only child, a single male child in a household of females etc etc, crossdressers just are - I could suggest nature or nurture - but even those hypotheses have detractors and supporters

You may be a left handed, single child with a mother fixation a la Norman Bates as far as I know, but that doesn't mean all left handed single children with mother fixations are crossdressers - just Psycho's!! :D (thanks Alfred!)

But as someome who knew from the age of 6 that I was not in the body I should have been, what the heck do I know?

Kate Simmons
05-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Well Deborah, I actually did find out the reason we are who we are. While I am not at liberty to divulge that, what I will say is the reason is not as important as following through on being ourselves. What we do is important in more ways than one.:)

Deborah_UK
05-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Well Deborah, I actually did find out the reason we are who we are. While I am not at liberty to divulge that, what I will say is the reason is not as important as following through on being ourselves. What we do is important in more ways than one.:)

The answer is not 42 is it?

Jamie M
05-25-2008, 05:20 PM

ah but then what would be the question ? what do you get when you multiply six by nine ? ;)

on topic though , i guess people tend to create the polls as something fun and in an attempt to feel that with whatever stage they're at, that they're not alone . I seriously doubt that anyone is actually attempting to define the ultimate answer to crossdressing , at least i hope so as just like the answer to life the universe and everything, you need to know the question first :D

trannie T
05-25-2008, 05:58 PM
All the polls and threads regarding why we are crossdressers have come up with one definative answer: Ain't nobody knows how come we does what we does.

KeriB
05-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I blame the faulty wiring .. well that is the "guy" wiring anyways

TerriM
05-25-2008, 11:29 PM
I stopped asking why and it made my life easier.

melisss2u
05-25-2008, 11:36 PM
I guess i will let others figure out why we do it cause i gave up trying

pinkshelly
05-25-2008, 11:46 PM
I do it cause, god those boots look good. And that skirt looks really good on me. And...
I've lived 41 oops 31 years by others standards and for the rest, It's my turn to be happy!

prettieboy
05-26-2008, 12:03 AM
deb i hav not seen many polls. i do believe, there is a common denominater. but as we get older. the the xdresser is growing tenfold. im reluctant to elaborate on my findings. i am still closeted. BY THE WAY I THINK THE UK XDRESSERS ARE WAY HOT, HOTTER THAN US

Chiana
05-26-2008, 12:53 AM
It seems like I usually wind up responding to almost all of the polls. For the most part, they are fun. However, it seems to me that sometimes the pollster is really seeking a reason to justify their crossdressing desires. "The poll says it is not my fault that I crossdress because I am a white male RH only child who was raised by loving parents that never encouraged me to dress up in women's clothes."

raleighbelle
05-26-2008, 01:06 AM
I suspect that it (crossdressing) is something genetic or some kind of influence while still in the womb. But I don't really know either, and not sure it matters. It is not like it is a disease or something and that we need to find a cure for (in fact if there was a cure I would not take it!).

Littlej10
05-26-2008, 08:16 AM

I think I must be the U.K. counterpart.
Mostly though the boots have it and 36C rather than 42.

Love the life and live longer, hate it and it feels longer still.

Karren H
05-26-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm in the "Who cares why" column... If ya knew it wouldn't change the fact that you like to crossdress.... so why waste your time searching for something that will have zero impact on your life....

time better spent shopping or my favorite..... playing with makeup.

:D

imarocker2
05-26-2008, 09:45 AM

I'll be 42 in less than a year. Will I then know the answer to the ultimate question on Life, the Universe and Everything?

Amy Hepker
05-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Most crossdressers wear clothing from the other sex.

CD Susan
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I think these polls are just some peoples way of having fun expressing themselves. I see nothing wrong with these polls even if they seem silly at the time. I always participate in them and enjoy doing it. It is just another form of entertainment and there is no harm done.