PDA

View Full Version : My Memorial Day Weekend

JoAnnDallas
05-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Wife and I decided NOT to go down to Houston over the Memorial Weekend, so we just hung out at home. So Saturday she wanted to go to the Farmers Market. After breakfast I change out of my Pink PJ's into a Fem t-shirt, shorts, and my open toe sandals. Wife asked if I was going to show off my Red toes. I decided to show off my toes and we went to the Farmers Market. It was crowed as usual. We had a great time, bought some fruit and produce and walked the whole market. No one said BOO about my t-shirt, shorts, or my Red polished toes.
That afternoon we were again out shopping and wife asked if I needed anything. I said I wanted to buy a pair of heels for my Prom outfit. So we first went to TJ-Max. I found a really nice pair but they wanted $50 for them. My wife said, "So much for TJ-Max's low prices". I laughed and we decided to look elsewhere. We need to go to WalMart, so we looked at their heels, but neither wife nor I saw anything that would look good with my Prom dress. I also needed a new Black Ink Cartridge for the printer so off to Staples. Two doors down was a Shoe store having a half price sale. So we go in and wife spots a pair of heels. She brings the display over to show me. We look for this one and finally asked a lady SA if they still had any of these heels. She finds them. She turns to my wife and asks what her size is. Wife points to me and says, ask him, he's wearing them. She did not blink an eye and turned to me and I tell her size 9. She finds a box-marked size 9. I sit down, take my sandals off, and put on the heels, which are open toe, ankle strap, and 3" spike heel with little fake diamonds. I walk back and forth in front of the shoe mirror. Wife asks how they feel, I said, they feel great. She remarks that they will look great with my Prom dress. All this time the SA is standing there watching and listening to my wife and I not saying a word or making any expression. As I am taking the heels off, the SA asks me if I needed any accessories like a matching clutch purse. So we look at the matching purse and I decided to use the one that my wife is loaning me. The SA then rings us up. My wife also got a couple of pairs of shoes too.
So after we get home, I put on my prom dress and new heels to see how well they go together and WOW the heels really make to outfit. Even my wife agreed. I take everything off, put my T and shorts back on, then a pair of zebra striped 1.5” slides. We spend the rest of the afternoon at home.
Sunday, it was lay around the house, watch movies we had recorded on the DVR, grill spareribs, and just chill.

sissystephanie
05-27-2008, 11:28 AM
What a really great weekend! Isn't it nice to have a supportive wife? My late wife was totally supportive, and I really miss that.

I did go out for breakfast on Monday fully dressed, but as usual no wig and only lipstick for make up. But then I go out that way most of the time!:heehee:

How about a picture of you in your prom dress and shoes?

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

paulaluvssz8
05-27-2008, 11:42 AM
sounds like a great weekend. I am glad to hear that your wife has become so supporting and it appears really fast. You are lucky to have her. Just take it as it comes and don't take anyting for granted. Have a good week.

JoAnnDallas
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
sissystephanie......I am going to ask my wife if she would be willing to help me get ready for the Banqet/Prom. I am thinking of getting my nail salon visit that afternoon, so I can have my nail tech trim my eyebrows a little more thinner than normal and polish my nails a bright Red. My wife said I could wear one of her Pearl neckless and been thinking of seeing if she is willing to peirce my ears just for the weekend and buying some matching earrings. Also been think of getting a pair of false eyelasses too.
It is not everday that a girl gets to get all dolled up and go out for a special event. Guess you can see I am starting to get excited about it and it is still two weeks away. LOL

amber 07
05-27-2008, 12:32 PM
It will most likely be the most exciting 2 weeks of your life JoAnn. Have fun and keep us posted. Hugs, Amber