PDA

View Full Version : Threw out all my stuff.

CatAttack
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
I had to move out of my dorm and back home so I threw out all my stuff. I hadn't dressed in months but now that I don't have anything, I really want to dress up! Ahhh! It's wierd like that. Does anyone get the same feeling?

amber 07
05-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Of course Katty, The moment we purge ourselves of anything feminine the pink fog surrounds us and we have the urge again, but its much stronger. Good luck with your feelings. Hugs, Amber

leslie ann
05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
nooooooooo say it aint so oh well now you get to look forward to getting all new stuff AGAIN!! dont ever do that again lol ill hold your stuff for ya

Deborah Jane
05-27-2008, 12:38 PM
I,ve done the same thing in the past!!
I didn,t feel the need to dress for ages, but as soon as i purged everything, the urge came straight back!!
Now i just store everything until the next time.
The urge to dress comes back eventually, i think it always will, it,s part of who we are!!

Tomara
05-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Katty Sorry to hear that you threw out your stuff , I have also purged many times thinking I dont need to do this anymore and have regreted it every time , After the last time I decided that if I ever feel that I dont need this anymore I am just going to put it all in storage until the desire returns . I am 52 yrs old and am positive this crossdressing feeling will never go away . To be honest I think it only gets stronger the more time goes by . I truely hope you can find a ballance in your life to be comfortable with who you are . :hugs: Tomara

Bilinda
05-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah I have not crossdressed for a while. But now that I am dressing up for my friends B day I am so excited about it! Don't throw it away, store it!

Kristen Marie
05-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Katy, I have done purging and feel the same way. Heck, I even donated some of my clothes I do not wear and that do not fit, and I still feel that way. After the purge, I have always found the urge to be stronger.

Angela-Russell
05-27-2008, 01:24 PM
I know exactly what you mean Katty. Try to look on the bright side, you will have lots of fun shopping to replace all your girly goodies.

Emily Ann Brown
05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
We girls always want what we can't have !!!! Consider this a part of your college education...purging doesn't work.

Emily Ann

CatAttack
05-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Well I guess you can't spell "purge" without "urge"...

I was thinking about dressing up one last time before I purged it all, but I didn't do it. I regret that. Now all I have is some pretty pink nail polish (which I've got on my toes :heehee:).

But I am looking forward to shopping eventually.

But instead of just knowing that you will get a stronger urge if you purge it all, I also wonder why it happens, psychologically. There was a time when I used to smoke a lot of pot, and I noticed that if I had some left in a bag and didn't smoke it, I would not have any urge to. However, if I didn't have any left at all, I would want to smoke. I know it's kind of a taboo subject, but I don't think anyone in this forum is put off by taboo subjects.

I'm thinking that it is the comfort of knowing that it is there when/if you need/want it?

CD Susan
05-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I too have purged everything four times in my life. I have experienced the same urge returning after each purge. I know better now and will never do it again. I remember reading once that as we get older the urge to cd diminishes. I have not experienced that at all and I think that my urge to cd is stronger now than it ever has been.

CatAttack
05-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Also I noticed that I need more and more to be satisfied. It used to just be some lip gloss or something, and then mascara, and eventually I got the full makeup. Then, I had to take the next step and got a wig. After that I got clothes and shoes.

Now, I don't get the same level of satisfaction unless I am fully dressed, or with something new..

It almost seems as if I have built up a tolerance, which is wierd because it is purely psychological.

missattitude
05-27-2008, 04:06 PM
When I was growing up as a teen, i had burned all my stuff and was hoping that the urge would simply go away. Later to discover that it's not an urge, but something that I enjoy. It took only a week and i started up all over again.

melisss2u
05-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Purgeing is an expensive way to a new wardrobe lol

MichelleGray502
05-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Katy i have purged as well many times over the years and now I wouldn't even think about it, it's a phase all us girls go though at some time in our lifes and we come back looking better then ever.

good luck with everything lov and keep us posted on everything.

tammysuetv
05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I have also purged before. I agree with the other gurls "store it next time."

Amy Hepker
05-27-2008, 05:06 PM
You DID WHAT?????? WHY????? Oh my GOD you poor girl, it's time for a SHOPPING TRIP!!!!!! You GO GIRL!!!!!

Carly D.
05-27-2008, 05:33 PM
When ever I went to a "zero purge" (nothing to wear) I would feel less guilt over myself for a little while then that want to dress feeling comes back.. I know that I couldn't throw everything away now no matter how much I might think that it's a good idea.. always keep something... always keep something.. always keep something... find out your one article of clothing that defines your crossdressing inner self and keep that.. for the guys who are married to hags (sorry, you know who you are, the women who say absolutely NO CROSSDRESSING), even for those guys keep something hidden..

serinalynn
05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Well I'm not going to purge I have to much womens clothing to just get rid of it and start all over again. I have some of my stuff in 2 huge storage boxes in the garage, so its close by if I want to wear some of it. Some I havent worn in years and a few things i bought and haven't even worn it yet. go figure!!!
I have plenty in the bedroom with the wifes stuff to last a few years with out buying anything new. Just this morning I through out 7 of those little plastic hangers you get when you buy bras, at about $34.00 for each bra that $238 worth of bras. I have too much invested to purge it all. MY wife knows how much stuff I have so theres no need to hide it, and if I wear some of it I'll just put it in the laundry hamper and it will get washed with her stuff.:thumbsup:

Notbychoice
05-27-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you felt that was your only option. Don't worry, we all have done it, and most on more than one occasion.

I will say this though. The next time you get to dress in your new things, you are going to skip right past cloud9 and go straight to dressing heaven.

Funny how purging feels like buyers remorse in reverse. :)

Wendy me
05-27-2008, 06:00 PM
been on the edge of purging a few times and once did half a purge it sucked..........

Jenna Dawn
05-27-2008, 06:06 PM
I have purged in the past. At that time I was not into cross-dressing that much. mainly cause I didn't understand what was going on. Looking back now, i can say without hesitation, that it was pure hell.

suzy
05-27-2008, 06:06 PM
:eek:

Threw out all of your stuff??? :eek:

The bright side is now you can buy all new stuff and that is a big part of the fun for me!!!

We ought to have a place on here where we can box up and send all of our "purges" to for safe keeping and then once you get back on track we can send them back to you.

I have never purged but I need to...my closets are bulging, every drawer is stuffed and a large percentage still have the tags on them!!!....:doh: What's a girl to do......:love:

KateSpade83
05-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Next time don't purge and just admit to your family that you cd. Worked for me! Now I can store a ton of stuff!

I could never purge my $5000 to $8000 collection of clothes now. If I did I resell it on ebay, or get a wife that'll fit my clothes. It's a dream collection!

erickka
05-28-2008, 06:50 AM
I threw it all away once, but never again. I just stow it all away in times of low need. The only purging I will do from now on is due to style changes, or the stuff is plum worn out.

victoriamwilliams1
05-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Been there done that! Never again, when that time comes for me to hang up my heels I plan on putting everything in a box for ever. A full purge is very hard and when you start back up it is stronger than when you stopped.

MJ
05-28-2008, 11:55 AM
I had to move out of my dorm and back home so I threw out all my stuff. I hadn't dressed in months but now that I don't have anything, I really want to dress up! Ahhh! It's wierd like that. Does anyone get the same feeling?

Also I noticed that I need more and more to be satisfied. It used to just be some lip gloss or something, and then mascara, and eventually I got the full makeup. Then, I had to take the next step and got a wig. After that I got clothes and shoes.

Now, I don't get the same level of satisfaction unless I am fully dressed, or with something new..

It almost seems as if I have built up a tolerance, which is wierd because it is purely psychological.

Never underestimate the power of the pink fog ..
well you get to go shopping have fun .
next time store your gear !!!

Donna Michelle
05-28-2008, 12:11 PM
My mom threw away my clothes and I had to get more. I threw away my own clothes when I met my current wife. I tried to quit, because I was afraid she would not accept me. She recently bought me clothes, jewelry, shoes, purses, wigs, body enhancers and anything I could want.

I could never get rid of my things unless I had new things to replace them. I could never QUIT dressing, because it is the ONE thing that makes me REALLY happy.

Well, now you can get the latest fashions and enjoy shopping!

Amy07
05-28-2008, 03:49 PM
C_CollierTV is on the board with a post wondering how to creatively purge her many things. Not sure if they will fit, but you might want to look at it.
I purged too many times. Made up my mind last year never to do that again.
I know the feeling.

iwearstockings
05-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Aaargh.. I feel for you dude.. I have done that in the past and it galls you to do it when you feel there's no choice. Well.. at least there is the beginning of the new collection to look forward to :^P
I am now lucky enough to have a chest of drawers dedicated to sexy things, and I won't be throwing any of it away again :^)

pantyhose_clare
05-28-2008, 04:44 PM
I've never had much but I purged about 2-3 months ago and its hit so hard this week. I just wish I could put on some hose right now. Holiday in 2 weeks and I suspect I'll be spending all my time dressing and like the OP said I wanna do more this time.