PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Met a Guy on Craigslist?

windycissy
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
I was perusing the personals on Craigslist when I came across one that intrigued me in the "casual encounters" section M4T: a guy my age was interested in hooking up with a crossdresser, nothing hot 'n heavy but with the hint of romance. So I took a chance and sent him a link to my Flickr site...well, he liked what he saw, so I asked him to send me a picture, which was nice, and we started exchanging emails. To make a long story short, we've got a lunch date next week! He's picking me up at my hotel - how much trouble can I get into in broad daylight - and taking me to a little Italian restaurant. I told him if he thinks I'm a dog we can just drive around, although I'm gonna put on a sundress and go for it, girls!

Paula Rae
05-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey Windy,
No not on Craigs List but I've met a lot of guys, some OK but most are not.
All I can say is be very careful, take your time and get to know him before you get in too far.
Hope things work out for you. Keep us informed good or bad, we want to know.

Joy Carter
05-28-2008, 03:23 AM
Just know Windy, that law enforcement has done some prostitution stings off Craig's list. Not that I'd even think you would be involved. But you might be dealing with a police officer. OK ?

karynspanties
05-28-2008, 06:32 AM
I have, as long as you do not advertise anything sexual, you will be ok. Just meet in a VERY public place first. I met a nice guy awhile back. He is married. We are actually good friends now. I have been to his house many times in drab and met his wife. He has been to mine and met my wife. We just told them we met through work. Which we kind of did. I was on the internet at work....and so was he!! His wife now knows I dress. She saw my panties sticking up above my pants waistband when I was over helping him plant some trees. She told him she saw them. He told me she saw them and that she was cool with it. Ever since, she is always around when we are doing something. And yes, I make sure she has something to look at. But to answer the question, I did find someone, but I think I am just lucky. Most men on there just want to have sex with a cd for the experiance. Basically, most of them are pigs. Just be carefull and if you do have an encounter....use protection.

windycissy
05-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks girls, that’s all good advice…I never thought about a prostitution sting, talk about rain on my parade! I feel pretty good about this because his personal was very discreet, unlike a lot of them that are really creepy…I guess the worst that could happen would be that I would have to jump out of his car, which would be difficult in a dress!

CandyDarling
05-28-2008, 03:57 PM
I had the call from the state police from a convesation on Craigs list. Nearly had a heart atack. Stay away from it.

jaina
05-28-2008, 04:27 PM
So what is a cop contacts you? crossdressing and dating is NOT illegal. If a cop contacts you, fill his life with attorneys.

Just use all the precautions you would use dating or meeting somewhere from any venue.

KateSpade83
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, the last time I posted a thread on dating and Craigslist the Mods deleted it and said I shouldn't post such a thing!

I could never go with a man while in drag. I only shop in drag!

me2
05-28-2008, 07:47 PM
All can say is be careful. I would like to meet a CD or just a cute younger guy but theres to many bad folks that still think that being a cd or bi or both is just to weird. So I would like to know how you make out, No pun

trannie T
05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't know that Craig's List is worse than an other way of meeting someone. It can be a great place to find that used toaster oven you have been lusting after. Just use the same precautions that you use with any other stranger.

Nicole Erin
05-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Things should be fine.
YOu know what would be hilarious tho - you are expecting a romantic dinner at this Italia restaurant, and he goes to Fazoli's. :heehee:

Anyways, I did meet Belinda on craigslist. She was in poor health but I am slowly nursing her back to good health. Soon, I will be driving her. It's my red Cavalier. :D

AmandaM
05-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I've perused the ads myself, but never contacted anyone since I'm not looking. Just curious about the CDers out there. I wish some ads were more tasteful. LOL!. Anyway, wouldn't a more upscale site be better. Craigslist has a reputation like a dive bar.

windycissy
05-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I've perused the ads myself, but never contacted anyone since I'm not looking. Just curious about the CDers out there. I wish some ads were more tasteful. LOL!. Anyway, wouldn't a more upscale site be better. Craigslist has a reputation like a dive bar.

Right you are, most of the personals on Craigslist creeped me out, but this guy was different...I wonder if there is a more upscale site out there for perfect gentlemen who wish to encounter discreet, charming ladies like us?

morgan pure
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
No. But I've had great success on Silver Daddies, a regular gay site that is trannie friendly. All my sex comes from there and I've found several trannie chasers there.

sterling12
06-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Right you are, most of the personals on Craigslist creeped me out, but this guy was different...I wonder if there is a more upscale site out there for perfect gentlemen who wish to encounter discreet, charming ladies like us?

Don't hold your breath waiting for that option Windy! "Upscale" for a lot of these guys means that he won't fart while eating at the table! But, often they will grab food off your plate: "Hey, if your not going to eat that, can't let it go to waste."

I don't think The Net lends itself to "quality encounters." Everyone that I have ever checked out, when looking for dating material, seemed to be a liar from the very start. Faked up pictures, out of date pictures (often by many years,) psychosis, court orders, the list goes on and on.

The big, bad, World is filled with many bear traps; it's your job to keep a look-out for them.

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS. FYI...if he tells you he has done over 500 hours of "community service," this doesn't make him a good guy!

Josie Angel
06-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Good luck, Windy! I hope he's a good guy. He'd better treat you well. How can he not fall in love with that smile?

whitelace
06-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Hi Windy,

More then anything I wish you a wonderful time, and going to an italian restaraunt sounds charming and harmless but don't get caught up in too much of a fantasy. I know the site and the characters who frequent it's listings and I would agree with others that most posters and replyers are Liars who make up identities and have no intention of ever showing up.a lot of these guys are all talk ..hey! that's ok no one really gets hurt except for feelings . A good method is to get as much concrete info on the person your meeting talk with have a conversation with them on the phone ,we girls have great gift of intuition and sincerity over the phone is a good indication of the quality of that person. verify their address record their Licence plate number ...let a friend check on you during your date ...if he's a gentleman He'll understand perfectly. I know it sounds a litlle extreme and I don't want to instill unwarented fear into you ( yes there have been bad stories) so just think about some of these things ...they are good habits
....have fun....lacie:battingeyelashes:

deja true
06-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Mmmm? Windy?

I don't think I'd get in a car with a complete stranger, even in broad daylight!

If you gotta travel to get to this restaurant, make him spring for a cab...

Otherwise, have your date within walking distance of the hotel....

okay?

Annemarie
06-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Well ? how did the date go Cissy ? ominous silence ...

CD Susan
06-24-2008, 06:31 PM
I have been to Craig's List only one time. I was looking for a car part and while I was there I did some looking around. I was not impressed with the site and have never been back. There are lots of other places to find what you are looking for on the internet.