PDA

View Full Version : Creative Purging - Advice Requested

c_colliertv
05-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi All - Christie Ann Collier here!

Like many of us, I am sure, I have purged at least four or five times in my CD "lifetime". However, for the last six or seven years, I have been able to resist the urge even though on many occasions the "gulities" caught up with me and pushed me close to the edge.

The result is that I have amassed a tremendous amount of clothes, shoes, jewelry, wigs, etc.

The problem is that I am about as far into the closet as anyone can get. I am married (she does not know), I am the father of four and the grandfather of five, and to complicate things even more, I just turned 65 and I am seriously contemplating retirement.

Given the above, bringing my stash of CD stuff home is not an option, and going forward, finding an opportunity to dress is probably not likely.

Soooo, my question to our auspicious group is - how do I purge creatively after I have my last dressing and picture taking extravaganza?

In the past I have just taken my things to Goodwill or just thrown them away, but it occurs to me that there may be a lot of CD's who would really appreciate getting some of my things, but I just don't know how to make that happen.

Given that I dress only rarely, all of my things are in almost new, pristine condition. I wear a size 16/18 dress, 16L pants, 16 skirt, 1X top, and 12/13W shoes. I am 6'2" and weigh about 205.

You can see some of my outfits in the photos on my Flickr site at http://flickr.com/photos/c_colliertv/ and this is just the tip of the iceberg. I think that conservatively, I must have about $5,000 worth of stuff.

So what say all of you? How do I go about purging so that this stuff does not go to waste?

I await your sage advice.

Hugs,

Christie Ann

Amy07
05-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Hi Christie!
Katty just posted that she moved, and had to get rid of her clothes. Not sure if you can help.
I really like your pictures too. Thanks for sharing.
I have a big collection as well, but the last thing I need is more!

Vieja
05-28-2008, 03:55 PM
I wish I could give you some good advice but you know the alternatives such as Good Will and the Salvation Army. I retired about three years ago when I could no longer leave my wife alone for any period of time. And of course my wardrobe and accessories is nowhere near the size of yours. I have a couple of boxes in the garage where my wife never goes and some lingerie and night gowns in the dresser in my bed room where she also never goes. I don't even need a post office box for mail that only I should see since it is unlikely that she would empty the mail box or if she did go through the mail except to take out the magazines. Maybe you will get lucky and some of the ladies here will take some of your stash off of your hands.

Good Luck :hugs:

Vieja

Julie York
05-28-2008, 04:44 PM
You need an agent.
Find someone you trust to sell them on Ebay, they get 20%.

Job done.

Michelle (Oz)
05-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Christie
Looking at your photos I can't believe that you will be able to go "cold turkey" and give up CDing. I suggest you rethink your plans and work out how dressing can be part particularly if you retire and have time on your hands.

Michelle (Oz)

Paulette
05-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Think about getting a public storage space and that way you can
maintain your wonderful looking clothes. Love your look so passable.

leslie ann
05-28-2008, 05:50 PM
so cal here too doooont purge ill hold it for ya as long as ya want no big deal:heehee:

jaina
05-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Used clothing sells pretty good on Ebay. Consign it through broker is the easiest method, but selling it yourself brings more money as there are no broker fees.

iwearstockings
05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
no no no don't do it!! Seriously, your telling me you can't come up with a cunning plan?! Why deny yourself the pleasure? :-)

leslie ann
05-28-2008, 06:14 PM
i would @ least like to see what ya got maybe were the same sizewere in the same area???:)

jaina
05-28-2008, 06:16 PM
i would @ least like to see what ya got maybe were the same sizewere in the same area???:)

looks like the thinly veiled for sale add worked. :drink:

leslie ann
05-28-2008, 06:22 PM
i got cash get ahold of me please thanks!!

KateSpade83
05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
No, don't purge, you'll regret it later and use your retirement money! You look pretty and passable enough! Why not come out to your family! Then you can keep everything!

sterling12
05-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Creative Purging may be a classic example of an oxy-moron. There is nothing "creative" about losing all your beloved things.

Even if you are doing it for different reasons that the usual, the remorse will set in, eventually you'll buy some more stuff, and just have a lot of regrets about your lost pretties.

Can you afford $25 per month. As a short-term solution, seems like you could use a storage unit. I just know that there will be a day when you want to stop by, pick up a few things and "indulge." Pay the people once a month with cash, avoid all the depression, go to a motel for a day, and spend some time with your special half. Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

Peace and Love, Joanie

raleighbelle
05-29-2008, 01:09 AM
I agree with the suggestion of the storage unit. Just because it won't be so easy to dress as much or to keep things at home, I am sure the urge will not just go away. I am also sure a lot of those clothes mean a lot to you. I think it would be a shame to purge it all.

Best idea of all would be to come out to at least your wife and tell her about it. I know how difficult that is, but if she was accepting of it, imagine how good life will be!

I say this knowing that other than being a bit heavier than you are, I share most all the same sizes and all. But still, I definitely think you should keep them all. As was said above, you look so natural in them, and that smile seems more than a bit genuine!

Laurelanne
05-29-2008, 01:19 AM
OMG you are quite alluring still hate to see the passing of the fun BUT its up to you howver i agree maybe a small public storage unit is in order YOU KNOW you'll want to be Christie soon again. If not Luv the wigs.. drop me line if you really want to get rid of them ...c u soon:heehee:

CD Susan
05-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Creative Purging may be a classic example of an oxy-moron. There is nothing "creative" about losing all your beloved things.

Even if you are doing it for different reasons that the usual, the remorse will set in, eventually you'll buy some more stuff, and just have a lot of regrets about your lost pretties.

Can you afford $25 per month. As a short-term solution, seems like you could use a storage unit. I just know that there will be a day when you want to stop by, pick up a few things and "indulge." Pay the people once a month with cash, avoid all the depression, go to a motel for a day, and spend some time with your special half. Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

Peace and Love, Joanie

This the best advice that I can think of! Don't purge as there is always the chance that you will regret it and that only leads to feelings of depression and sorrow. I have done it and it was a huge mistake.

Kate Simmons
05-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Any kind of purging is meaningless unless you have decided in your mind that is it absolutely something you never want to do again. Keep the stuff. If you can be totally exposed to it and never ever again have the desire, then get rid of it. This is what really separates the boys from the girls.:)

Alex!
05-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow, Christie, you look amazing - you obviously take great care in your appearance. I hope you don't give up crossdressing, though I imagine no one here believes you can :)

NicoleScott
05-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I agree with the others: you look great. But I would test retirement from cd-ing before purging. You may have regrets!

Pamela Julie
05-31-2008, 02:20 AM
I haven't heard of creative purging. You can get rid of all the clothes that show signs of wear, and clothes that no longer fit well. Get rid of all clothes that you wonder why you bought then in the first place, and those that no longer interest you. If the balance of your clothes are still too numerous for you to keep, select some of your favorites to keep and then donate the rest or sell them. I would keep a few boxes, as I am certain you would regret purging everything before too long. Even in retirement and in the closet, you will find the occasional opportunity to dress up. Fond memories can't be replaced if your favorite femme things are gone.

Pamela:)

Christineblake113
05-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Like probably everyone here, I have purged a few times and regretted it later. I also have to keep my stuff hidden and hiding space is limited. When my wardrobe grew to the point that I was running out of space, I put some items I rarely wore up in my attic, which is not easily accessible, so call it long term storage. The items are still available when I want them back. In fact I can picture a larger wardrobe in the future, rotating stuff from the attic a few times a year.

I think a storage unit is the best way for you to go. There are some warehouses where the units are inside and the building has some sort of climate control. That could work out well for a secret dressing room. A carpet scrap on the floor, maybe a vanity table that you pick up at a yard sale...

Christine