PDA

View Full Version : Bites tongue.

Niya W
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm sure we all have been there .Some says some thing stupid so stupid and kind of inappropriate you just want to rub their face in it.

I have nails, long straighten her for a black man(eek that word). and I have earrings . To day a female co worker said gee those are some shiny nails. I came back with that's the top coat and they are mine. She seemed to be shocked that I was so caviler about it. Then she said whats with your hair what are you trying to look like you're kind of flaming.

At that point I wanted to say I'm trying to look feminine, some thing you should try.

leslie ann
05-28-2008, 06:00 PM
:drink:thats funny i bet you wanted to ...................never mind me and i have really long hair

Niya W
05-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Awe come on I did't get to read what you typed before you edited :)

leslie ann
05-28-2008, 06:05 PM
oopppps

Nicole Erin
05-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Niya, I am guessing you are lucky like me that you get to put up with a regular amount of crap for being CD.

Oh and isn't it kind of a pain how the good comebacks never are thought of until AFTER the argument?
I have done that.

RobertaFermina
05-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I bite my tongue more often due to literally (rather than figuratively) sticking out my tongue while attempting to shut my mouth.

:rose: tthat hurtth! :rose:

Niya W
05-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Niya, I am guessing you are lucky like me that you get to put up with a regular amount of crap for being CD.

Oh and isn't it kind of a pain how the good comebacks never are thought of until AFTER the argument?
I have done that.

um err the issue is not after the fact, if I start I wont stop.

Besides I thought I had trained the people around me not to make stupid remarks about how I look or act.

SarahLynn
05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Next time tell her exactly what you stopped saying, "... I'm trying to look feminine, some thing you should try.". :D:D

It will shut her up and cover your bases. Her shocked look will have you in stiches for hours.

SarahLynn

Niya W
05-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Hun if I'm going to go that far I might as well take the sport bra off, put the hoop hearings in and pull out the tube of lipstick.

Just joking. Who'd were lipstick with no base.

erickka
05-29-2008, 06:51 AM
Some people....... I live by the old adage, If you dont have something good to say to someone, keep your pie hole shut!! ( I would have had a tough time if I was in your shoes, Niya.)

Chari
05-29-2008, 07:38 AM
I too have been questioned as to "why my nails are so long with clear polish and my natural curly hair is down to my collar, or why are you wearing ear hoops", but I just reply "It's me and I'm comfortable with it!"
Enjoy life, Chari

Angie G
05-29-2008, 08:38 AM
I just don't like were some people go with remarks on how some one lock when it's none of there beeswax. Just be you and screw them hun.:hugs:
Angie

Tomara
05-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi Niya , Just take a hand held mirror to work and the next time she says something about how you look hold the mirror up to her so she can see what she looks like maybe she will get the hint and you wont have to say anything. Tomara