PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Purge

TiffanyTgirl
05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Tuesday, I thought I was having a heart attack and set up any emergerncy purge. Everything was accessible and went to a goodwill box. Turned out to be angina and dehydration. Has anyone else had an emergency purge? What triggered yours?

Karren H
05-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Never did one.. Never plan to do one either.. If someone that doesn't already know or doesn't suspect, finds something that I have.... And I have a lot... Then so be it... It would take me a week to do an emergency purge!! Lol

adelle
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM
dont realy know yet, just glad your okay hon, need a paramedic?:D

Wendy me
05-29-2008, 02:32 PM
lol that would take way too much time......... no it's not some thing i could do..................

Emily Ann Brown
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Karren thinks she has a lot of stuff..ROFLMAO !!! My just completed move required one load of the work van to move Em across town.

I am out to kids, and EX, and EX inlaws (parents are deceased), so no big deal. I have said it before...being out brings great freedom.

Emily Ann

CD Susan
05-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Tiffany, sorry to hear about your emergency and I hope you are better now. No, I have never done an emergency purge and I don't think that I could get in done in a timely manner as I have just so much stuff. I have done 'regular' purges four times and felt depressed because of it later and eventually replaced everything. I will never purge again and if I have an emergency I will just have to deal with it. The clothes are here to stay no matter what! Again, I hope all is well with you.

Phyliss
05-29-2008, 03:18 PM
It's not that I have too much stuff, but more a case of, should an "emergeny" happen to me, I think I'd be more worried about me than my clothes.

Oh what will "they" think of me if I'm gone? I'll probably be too busy shoveling coal to worry about it.

cathie
05-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Several times and I always go back and buy more than the last time. I have more heels and skirts than I've ever had these days.

xoxoxox
Cathie Pantyhose
Any day is a great day in pantyhose

TiffanyTgirl
05-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I am in the usual position with life and family. All my items were boxed in my desk at work. I am self employed. It was quick and easy. If something were serious, I wouldn't want people to find out that way. Purging does stink and I have done it before thinking I could quit. After all settles down, I will build again. I am doing fine.

gennee
05-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Karren thinks she has a lot of stuff..ROFLMAO !!! My just completed move required one load of the work van to move Em across town.

I am out to kids, and EX, and EX inlaws (parents are deceased), so no big deal. I have said it before...being out brings great freedom.

Emily Ann

Amen.

Gennee

bimini1
05-29-2008, 05:56 PM

Emily Ann

I just moved too. Loaded up two big old wardrobe boxes, two big cardboard boxes and a couple of suitcases full of shoes, wigs, make-up. I did not realize I had so many items until I tried to move it.

SusanMarie
05-29-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm with Karren. Let'em find it.
BTW Tiffany Tgirl, take care of yourself.

docrobbysherry
05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm taking it with me. Eternity in either H--- place would be unbearable, without Sherry along!

cdjenny20
05-29-2008, 08:02 PM
I can understand your concern about not wanting others to find out if something were to happen to you. However, if you actually thought you were having a heart attack, I honestly wouldn't worry about that and just get to the hospital. I'm not trying to be rude, but your health is important and delaying treatment for a heart attack can mean the difference between life and death.

Jolene
05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I can understand your concern about not wanting others to find out if something were to happen to you. However, if you actually thought you were having a heart attack, I honestly wouldn't worry about that and just get to the hospital. I'm not trying to be rude, but your health is important and delaying treatment for a heart attack can mean the difference between life and death.

I agree that a person's health is most important. Glad to hear you are ok and take care of yourself. Do not think I could ever purge. Good clothes are so hard to come by.
Jolene :)

occdresser
05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Never did one.. Never plan to do one either.. If someone that doesn't already know or doesn't suspect, finds something that I have.... And I have a lot... Then so be it... It would take me a week to do an emergency purge!! Lol

I predict the red wings over the penguins in 5 games.

JoAnnDallas
05-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Since I am out to the wife and she accepts it, I have no plans for a "Emergency Purge".

Alice B
05-29-2008, 09:17 PM
First of all I am happy to hear that you are OK. If I thought I was having a heart attack, purging would be the last thing on my mind.

CharleneT
05-29-2008, 10:07 PM
First of all, I hope you are seeing a cardiologist ?? Please do so soonest if not.

Somewhere on this board another lady answered a question about people finding her clothes by showing the text of a letter she includes in each box (or drawer). It explains what you are finding. It was very well written, search around for it and it should be easy to find.

LilSissyStevie
05-29-2008, 10:20 PM
You have to give them something to laugh about when you're gone.:D

Chloe Renee
05-29-2008, 10:54 PM
As said before health over ego for me. I had to purge in the past. That is usually stressful enough as it is. If my ego takes a blow form a family member finding out and I'm still converting O2 to CO2 it is still a win. If that gas exchange ceases,well its game over any way. They will find out after the fact then I'm sure of it. So being fairly closeted myself let them, after their initial shock odds are things will start to return to some form of normal.

If this comes off as cocky please understand it is not meant to.. There are times, when the great tubes of the internet don't convey emotion very well...

Maija
05-29-2008, 11:05 PM
A little over three years ago, I was underdressed and found myself having a heart attack at work.

It was a mild one, and i had time to undress in my office and put my silky things in a drawer and get redressed then call for help.

I still underdress nearly every day, but I am not having another heart attack :)

Cristi
05-29-2008, 11:20 PM
If anyting happened to me, I'm sure I could count on my SO for a good purge... and if something happened to BOTH of us, I guess I really just don't care what people might find, I'd have more important things to think about at that time.

Delila
05-30-2008, 01:11 AM
While I have a pretty nasty heart condition I know that my wife would take care of things before my family found out. My biggest concern is that something happens to both my wife and myself and my whole family found out. I am not terribly concerned for my personal concerns obviously but I know how hard it is for a family to discover terrible secrets about a person after they die.

Chloe' Buffington
05-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I did that once and regretted it ever since, I felt it was the right thing to do at the time. I was being moved wile in the Marine Corps, I had 3 days notice and Chloe' took up a satchell in the back of my closet , I had bought a georgus wig in Hawaii shoulder lenth chesnut brown with a nice body wave. I have never found one like it in any shop I've been in for the last 27 years. I did what I felt I had to do like you did ,now I just don't care what others think, someday you could reach this platau and be free too.

Krystal Lee
05-30-2008, 09:42 AM

Tiffany,

We all react differently when something happens, For myself when I realized I was having a heart attack three years ago I went home, showered,put on clean panties, and packed a bag to take to the hospital.

Not a single word was said to me about my panties while in the hospital but the nurse brought in some wipers and removed my toe nail polish for me. She had come into my room and asked to see my feet. I told her "this is going to be embarassing" as my socks had not been off yet to this point.

She removed my socks, looked at my feet and later came back to remove the polish. She put me at ease and made it seem it was no big deal.

She and I were both happy I was around and able to be concerned over anything.

Anyway the point is I did not think of my nails but wanted to have on clean panties because we all know what mother said.

Hugs Krystal.

Crissy Kay
05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
"Emergency Blow, OK Chief, put her on the roof, Fly big D Fly!!!!" from "The Hunt for Red October"

monalisa
05-30-2008, 09:56 AM
I'll hold your feet and see if you can reach your clothes and get them back.

DeeDeeB
05-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Can't say I'd be too concerned about what people find after I'm gone, most think I'm kinda odd anyway, they just don't know to what degree. I do put things away, like the wigs on top of the dresser go in the closet and the dozen pair of heels by the bed back in their boxes, when we're having guests over, but that's as far as that goes. I would probably try to lose the bra I often (under) wear if I had a health emergency, however. As far as panty hose goes, that's just "backpacker's long johns" according to "The Walk Book".

Dee :)

Tomara
05-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I am happy to hear you doing better now with your health , I think an emergency purge would probably be cause to have chest pains and not the other way around ( just joking ) I too have purged for the last time about ten years ago , If someone finds out my feminine side oh well they will just have to deal with it ! :heehee: Tomara

Pamela Julie
05-31-2008, 03:07 AM
If you are really having a heart attack, you most likely will not have time to take your bra off let alone do a purge. You have to plan your actions in advance for something as serious as a medical emergency. I do hope your angina is under control.

Pamela:)