PDA

View Full Version : How can i persuede her

rikki77
05-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I came out to my girlfrend a few years back. At first she didnt mind aslong as she was out.Now she is a bit more supportive as long as its just clothes not make up.How can i persuede her ? Can any one give me any advice

paulaluvssz8
05-29-2008, 07:08 PM
your not gonna want to hear this... If she is supportive to you dressing in any degree. Then I wouldn't fight it, to try to go further to fast. Just take it as you can for now. And when she is ready she will make the suggestion. Then go with it. But don't push. It could all come to an end.

boy2girl31
05-29-2008, 07:46 PM
your not gonna want to hear this... If she is supportive to you dressing in any degree. Then I wouldn't fight it, to try to go further to fast. Just take it as you can for now. And when she is ready she will make the suggestion. Then go with it. But don't push. It could all come to an end.

I agree as time passes and she realizes this is who you are she may change her mind. For now be happy with what you have it could be worse. As you grow to love and accept each other she will become more flexable but time is the awnser.

Lara Smith
05-30-2008, 12:59 AM
You simply can't persuade her. She will either go there or she won't. Don't push no matter what you do. Be very glad you have what you have. When she is ready she will lead you there. This may take years, or it could happen tomorrow. We all need to remember there is a tremendous amount of pressure on women in our society. The fact is that women define their status in the world by the MEN they are able to attract and keep! Think about this long and hard.

Have you ever wondered why it was that some of the most desirable women in the world are with famous athletes of every race and color? Why they marry guys who are short, frumpy, balding and strange? It is because these men are famous, or wealthy and powerful, or very accomplished and highly respected. How many gorgeous blonde women are married to black athletes?

No matter what they look like or what color they are, or what their ethnicity, how many unattractive women have you ever seen married to an athlete, an actor, a NASCAR or Formula 1 driver, etc., etc., etc.?

The answer? None. My point is that in a society where "mixed" marriages are still about as acceptable as being married to a CD, women will marry power and money every time. Women define themselves by the men they can attract and keep. "I have this man, and you don't. I am prettier, sexier, and smarter than you are and my man is proof of that."

The key word here is MAN. Not my man who looks like and wants to be a woman.

Go slow; be thankful for what you have. If she has the wisdom and ability to love the very special being you are, she will come around.

Delila
05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
I have to agree with everyone else here. Some degree of acceptance is better than none. If she is understanding about clothing it is likely a matter of time until she moves on the rest. I know it is a long time away but plan to dress as a woman for halloween and let her see that makeup isnt a big deal.

Emeralddragon
05-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Yeah seriously just run with it. Eventually she will tolerate make up if she is so inclined and if not it isnt the end of the world. As long as she supports you even a little thats what matters.

Chari
05-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Enjoy what you have with her accepting your dressing. As for the makeup, this could be a bit of a deception, but try a little clear lipstick or complextion concealer and tell her its for dry lips and skin belmishes. Keep communicating, go slow, and don't push!
Chari

JoAnnDallas
05-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Only in the last 2 months has my wife accepted my CDing. I did not push her and let her lead many times. Since then she has gone shoe and dress shopping with me. I am taking it slowly and trying very hard to hold off the Pink Fog that keeps creeping in on me. LOL
I am going to ask my wife if she would be willing to help me get ready for my June Tri-Ess meeting. It is our annual Banquet/Prom. It will be the first time I really get all dolled up. To do it right, I will need my wifes help. Most any other meeting I can do the makeup and such.
Take your time and don't push your wife. Let her lead in this. If she asks if you need or want help then let her.

Angie G
05-30-2008, 10:02 AM
At one time my wife did not care for the idea of a bra on me as all. After some time that softened and now I wear a bra and forms every time I dress go slow hun and it just my come to you.:hugs:
Angie

jaina
05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Tell her the truth and exactly where you want to be. Its not worth playing the baby steps acceptance game is its not going to lead to where you really want to be.

sherib
05-30-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't think you will ever change her mind. I've been dressing (closet) for over forty years. My wife accepts as long as its in the closet and she not around.

Pamela Julie
05-31-2008, 03:01 AM
She has to let you wear lipstick, not really, but she may let you go that far. Does she allow a wig? Without knowing her fears and concerns, I can't make any more recommendations. If she is not a member here, she could join for the support from the gg/so's here. Talking with others in situations similar to hers could open her mind up to your needs.

Pamela:)