PDA

View Full Version : What's stopping you?

Emily Anderson
05-30-2008, 06:54 PM
According to the current poll results about time spent on CD'ing, a whopping 69% feel that they don't spend as much time as they would like.

Survey results to date:
1) I don't spend as much time CD'ing as I would like: 107 responses = 68.59%
2) My CD'ing time is balanced with the rest of my life: 38 responses = 24.36%
3) I spend too much time CD'ing: 11 responses = 7.05%

This leads me to the follow up and open-ended question:

What is preventing you from spending more time on CD'ing?

TGMarla
05-30-2008, 07:22 PM
I think I spend enough time on my crossdressing, and I'm one of the 24%ers. But I sometimes want more, too. What stops me from that is that while dressed, I don't get too much done around the house that needs to get done, and I don't get anything done if it requires me to go somewhere to do it. So I try to keep some of my responsibilities in front of me, and not let my dressing activities get in the way.

docrobbysherry
05-30-2008, 07:54 PM
I think I spend enough time on my crossdressing, and I'm one of the 24%ers. But I sometimes want more, too. What stops me from that is that while dressed, I don't get too much done around the house that needs to get done, and I don't get anything done if it requires me to go somewhere to do it. So I try to keep some of my responsibilities in front of me, and not let my dressing activities get in the way.

Only I'm in the 7%. My house is a mess, because of Sherry fooling around here all the time! I'm on line rite now. When I should be washing the dishes and vacuuming!

Angela-Russell
05-30-2008, 08:00 PM
There are a few reasons that I don't spend more time cd'ing. The main one is that I don't want my kids to know, and usually at least one of them is at home. My wife, although she doesn't mind my cd'ing, prefers not to see me dressed. And then there's my job, stuck in a factory for 8 hours a day doesn't leave much time for wearing pretty clothes & make-up. Roll on summer, when hopefully they'll all go away for a week or two.

Joy Carter
05-30-2008, 08:24 PM
To me the ideal would be to do my job as J--. Then live as a woman the rest. And that would be a handi type woman BTW. Fold the laundry one minute, replace the brake pads the next. ;) So what's stopping me ? My lovely wife wouldn't take too well to the changes.

Kristy_Iowa_CD
05-30-2008, 10:54 PM
That's easy, everything else in life! LOL

Unfortunately for me CDing at work is not an option, so there is 40 to 50 hours a week gone. The weekends and evenings are spent with my wife and kids - my wife doesn't know and I wouldn't expose my kids to that (they are too young to understand and I would be very concerned about the grief they would get from other children if people knew).

I dabble in small bits of CDing late in the evening (like right now), when I'm in what my wife calls the "man room" (ironic, isn't it?) and I do my full-blown CDing when I'm out of town on business or my wife and kids are away.

The short answer is, I am prevented from spending more time CDing because there aren't enough hours in the day!

Alice B
05-30-2008, 11:17 PM
My lifestyle, outside interests and desires of my wife.

Kate Simmons
05-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Nothing really Emily. I suppose if I really wanted to, I could go 24/7 again. I need a reason to do that though as sometimes I just get plain tired of it as it is a lot of work. I suppose I'm just like a genetic gal in that respect and it's just easier and more practical to dress casually sometimes.:)

MalibuJenny
05-31-2008, 08:00 AM
I live alone and I'm not in a committed relationship, but I just don't have the time as I've got many, many interests... Not to mention my career.

And I only like dressing if I can take lots of time, slowly slip into my femme self and really do it right. That means taking the better part of a day and I rarely have that kind of time... Or I should say, I don't want to take that much time away from everything else I'm doing.

Nikki A.
05-31-2008, 08:19 AM
There is a time and a place for everything. Like some of you there is a jb and and family that is a consideration.
Would I like to be open to all and live like I want YES!!. But reality is I'd probably be out of work and have a very unhappy family. As it is I have come out of the closet to some and am picking my spots carefully(I think).