PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Closet

louann
05-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Last night I was talking to Tiffany about something and she said you need to blog that. I said to her the world doesn’t want to hear my crap about that subject but I promised her to write something.

I am thankful today for being who I am, I am appreciative and blessed to have the ability to be a passable crossdresser today and the lifestyle I lead. People may not agree with it but I am not hurting anyone or forcing anyone to do something they don’t want to do.

I grew up in the 80’s and through childhood I always found myself admiring the women of the day wondering what it would feel like to dress and look like them. I would say I was pretty confused back then because I thought I was the only one I the world who had these thoughts of being male but wanting to dress up in women’s clothes wanting to look like them. I did experiment with my mothers lingerie and boots but not till around 21 did I finally get the nerve to go shopping for a few things to fully dress and of course used the “It’s for my girlfriend” line.

It was in 1991 that my full realization of Louann’s possibilities came true. It was Halloween of that year, just moved into an apartment building that Christina Applegate just moved out of, must be nice to be famous. I started dating my ex wife at the time who fully did my make up. I had real long hair which worked out well and only had to crimp it here and there. After looking in the mirror and seeing the possibilities, it was beyond what I imagined. That evening I even went with friends to the local bar and fooled a whole bunch of people till I spoke. One guy even had to buy me a drink after he got up off the floor from amazement.

After that night during Halloween I did it again the following year in 1992 going to work like that and fooled a whole bunch of co workers. One even asking another one who is the new girl in the office.
I tried to incorporate my crossdressing into the bedroom with my new wife but was not comfortable enough to come out and say the words “I like to dress up in women’s clothes”, and to this day I don’t think she would have accepted it anyway. For a whole decade I remained a closet crossdresser, hidden from the world and at times purging and confused. At the end of the 90’s I got separated and then divorced and had absolutely nothing to do with my crossdressing. Let’s just say we both grew apart from each other. We had good times and bad times and it was time to move on with our lives.

This was the point in my life that changed everything I knew in life. The Internet at this point was getting popular. I knew now there were other people like me in the world; I wasn’t alone in my thoughts. I was in a way tired of lying to myself. I told Tiffany last night that life is short and I didn’t want to die or take my last breath wondering what it would have felt like to be a closet crossdresser my whole life with hidden desires from my girlfriend / wife. I vowed to myself I can no longer hide it and whoever comes into my life at that point will have to accept me as a crossdresser. Life is about enjoying life with a partner who loves you for who you are and not what your hiding.

However don’t get me wrong I was not about to flame my newfound realizations to my family, co-workers, etc. I wasn’t going to hid my desires from the person that would be my partner in life. Life is about sharing it and appreciating each other.

I have no regrets. Back in Y2K with my ex girlfriend, I could have said no I don’t enjoy doing this and at least I tried it and can die happy from whatever else I chose in life to do or be.

As I transitioned through my divorce, my ex girlfriend became part of my life and she was the one who I told what my desires were. Lucky for me she is very open-minded and a cosmetologist! Oh how lucky can I get! From Y2K up to today it has been a long journey but a short one as well. I can’t believe today it’s already been 8 years ago that I developed Louann into what she is today. I told Tiffany if I died today… I would die happy for what I have accomplished and done so far. I have met a lot of beautiful people in the world, not only physically but mentally. Attended numerous conventions and events, taken 1000’s of photos and hours of videos, and been published in various publications worldwide.

Anyway back to my whole purpose of this. In the last year being Tiffany’s friend, I always give her encouragement to be self sufficient at her own make up and practice makes perfect. That I didn’t get to where I am at today with what I do over night. It was a lot of trial and error and desire to be who I am. I agree I don’t like doing the make up thing either but it is something I have to do to be the person I want to be. It’s not like I hate it but it’s the least thing I’d rather do.

I do understand the feelings of a closet crossdresser and I don’t mean to look down on it but I just couldn’t live life like that anymore. I am blessed with the opportunity to be who I am in today’s society and I Thank the world for that. I do understand that in some peoples life they cannot do what I do at all or as often as I do it but I believe everyone who has these desires must at least try it out once in your life. I don’t care if you live in a small rural community in Maine, go out and experience it once in your life in a large metropolitan city.

I spent quite a few years at times self doubting myself of why am I doing this but today I just accept it and enjoy life doing it. I appreciate my ability to be passable and never take it for granted. Why what I have today was given to me… I don’t know, but the universe works in amazing ways, I talk to the stars, look at the moon, I feel the universe, I feel the love around the world placed around my heart. Sometimes I look into the sky at night and can’t help to just smile ear to ear knowing I can feel my community.

Tiffany and I usually get into these self-realizations of OMG! Can you believe what we are doing talks. It is truly amazing being her friend for past year since May 12, 2007. We both appreciate each other’s lives like we’ve known each other since childhood. We don’t mean to make people jealous or hate us for what we do but in our view, we are the one’s doing it. We are always happy to meet new girls into the scene or help them out into it. I think it is totally beyond anything that both of us ever dreamed of and we both Thank the community for acceptance in who we are and the world.

So again it was important for Tiffany to have me explain to you what I told her last night. That I was not prepared in life to die as a closet crossdresser. Again no disrespect to those who live that life but I personally couldn’t do it anymore and am blessed with the outlet I was given. “Life is short, Live it”. Tiffany and I have become Best Friends for Life in the last year and hope we both grow old together, that friendship is the most precious thing in life and to live without drama.

Sherlyn
05-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi Louann ..Im simply going to say.. how awesome you are to be able to be who you want to be :) Don't ever let it go !!!! :hugs:

Kayla Shadows
05-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Hmmm..what do you say after all that?...Well first,thank you for a little peek into your life.Its very cool of you to share that with us.And I hear what your saying.With the time we have I think we should be able to enjoy it and be the person we want to be.Theres only so long that you can live your life in the version that someone else wants for you.Being happy and experiencing things as the person you are is important.We shouldnt have to hide because the people who we surround ourselves with should be the ones who like us for us.I dont want my life to be shaped out of someone elses vision.This is our life and we can take a stand to be ourselves...or take the road that leads to the nights wondering what could have been.Thoughts of all the time wasted and missed opportunities to have the friends and life we were here for.For things to fall iinto place it takes time,trial and error like you said..and patience.

For those that are still new like me,the picture of how you want to see yourself will form and take shape with knowledge and persistence.Dont give up.It might be frustrating but it doesnt just happen right away.There are stepping stones to everything.Most of all you should be having fun.Youll be able to look back and see the progress your making.If you accept who you are,youll only get there faster.It is ok to be in the closet but others are always here to help open the door for you.The value of being who you are and having the freedom to express it is unmeasurable.Its there if you willing to grasp it.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k77/XxEMOxXxKIDxX/Words%20and%20Lyrics/itsbettertobehatedforwhoyouare.jpg

Di
06-03-2008, 03:15 AM
We are always happy to meet new girls into the scene or help them out into it. I think it is totally beyond anything that both of us ever dreamed of and we both Thank the community for acceptance in who we are and the world.
“Life is short, Live it”. Tiffany and I have become Best Friends for Life in the last year and hope we both grow old together, that friendship is the most precious thing in life and to live without drama.

Hon what a journey and it continues:D What a beautiful heart felt post. Very glad you found your happiness and peace......not to forget your friendship...isn't that what life is all about. :love:I agree you are very blessed:hugs:

Donna Michelle
06-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Your story is similar to mine. You had to hide in the closet and found it easier to come out in the Internet age. You only came out for Halloween like I did. I also had to dodge the friendly drunk guys. Dressing once a year in public is not enough! Once you get out of the closet, it is so hard to go back. I recently came out and got my own MySpace page. I found new friends online and I can finally be myself and be happy.

My wife lets me wear nighties to bed, but if I want sex, I have to dress and act like a man. She accepts and supports crossdressing, but she is not turned on by it. I understand. I am not attracted to men, so if he dressed or acted like a man, I would not be attracted to her, either.

I am so happy for you! I have friends who say they are happy to be in the closet, but I find it hard to believe. I think they are too afraid to come out. I understand that. My employer would fire me if they knew. But I can't change who I am.

Enjoy your freedom!

Angie G
06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Louann what a wonderful post I envy you live But can't live it and I am happy for the girl that can. Life is short take the most you can from if and enjoy hun. :hugs:
Angie

vikki2020
06-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Great post,Louann!Thanks for sharing,yours' is a story of strength!

CD Susan
06-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Louann, that was a truely wonderful post. At first I was not going to read it because of it's length but I changed my mind and am glad that I did. I can relate to many of the things you mentioned. I have beed a closet cd for over 40 years and recently decided that I do not want to live this way anymore. I have been out dressed a few times and feel better about myself each time that I do go out. I feel my life is changing for the better and I am having feelings about myself that I never thought could be possible. I agree that life is too short to waste it hideing in a closet. My only regret is that I did not make my decision to come out many years ago.

DanaR
06-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Louann,

That was a very nice post, thanks for writing it.