PDA

View Full Version : Posted my first picture...

Sherry-Stephanie
06-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi girls,

Posted my first picture this morning in the gallary section and have been looking at it along with several others I took....

My thoughts are this...

Today is the first time I put on all my make up from foundation to eyeshadow and mascara....and overall it's OK for the first time....it's a starting point. I'm also aware that some of you can really nail the female look and look as good as msot females. I am not going to be one of those CD'ers....can spit shine a sneaker as they say. Am I dissapointed???? Not really....didn't really think I would be able to do it anymore than a late 50's woman can look 21 again....so my expectations didn't exceed what reality is...

But some oen recently posted or I read the thread about feeling verse looking femme....and at the moment with my make up done, wig on, earring hanging and dressed in a pair of tight jeans and a halter top on with my boobs and bra in place and strutting around with my 4.5" heels on I certainly FEEL female....!!!!!! and for me that's wonderful!!!! If that's the best it gets for me than so be it....Maybe not totally looking like a complete passable female, but feeling like a female in and of itself is fine with me and I can truely appreciate where I'm at as I typoe this post....

For those of you who can really nail the female look god bless you all and for those of us who are a few notches below you but have that female feeling all I can say is it's all worth it for me and I hope it is for you as well!!!!

Love ya...

Steph

Sherry-Stephanie
06-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I am going to say this rather tounge in check....so don't take it seriously...

102 of you view this thread so far and not one response...so I guess it leads me to think that my pictures are beyond words as in can't put lipstick on a pig!!!!!

Truthfully if anyone said "oh you look great" I'd probably think you are either blind or simply can't see....

Honestly I think it's bad...pure and simple....but so can pull it off and I'm simply not one of them and that's ok because just being dressed is rewarding enough for me

Steph...

StephanieC
06-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Steph...

Your first post mentioned a pic in the gallery section and the second seemed confused by the absence of comments. I can't explain that but I can offer a comment: when you say "gallery section" I have to stop and think about how to get there. Could you perhaps post a link in to that section? I'm sorry, I probably sound like an airhead, but I read posts by doing the New Posts link...I never really know what section that posting is in unless I look. And I really don't go into a specific section so it would take me some time to even find the gallery.

Profile albums are different...I can find those.

Anyway, I like your avatar...don't know if that's the picture you reference. I'll go looking for the gallery but may get lost or side-tracked.
-Another Steph

JoAnnDallas
06-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Steph......Remember that passing is not always looking 100% like a GG. Many GG's have masculine features too. One of my first sisters told me

1. Dress to blend in
2. Act like you belong there
3. Act like you have done this all your life.
4. Smile at anyone that looks at you.

A sister told me that most people that you see you first as an outline with no features. If the outline is female and no blairing details stand out, then they just assume your another female in the crowd. Only if there is some blairing difference will the person look closer to details. Even then if it is a passing event, that is your walk pass each other or you go out of site, they still may have not seen enough details. smiling seems to be a deactivation sequence. I have had a person look at me while out dressed. I would look at them, smile, they would smile back and then they almost always turn away. Your smile makes them think that they are staring and most people when caught staring will get embarrass and will look away.

Alice B
06-01-2008, 08:45 PM
The basic joy for me and many others here is the act of dressing itself. Doing the full route and then feeling like a female. As long as you enjoy dressing that is the only thing that counts. There are many on this forum that I totally admire for their looks and what they have done. I can't be one of them so I will not beat myself down, but try to improve my presentation to myself first and then to others if I can. If not, so be it. It does not detract from my enjoyment and it should not do so for you.:hugs:

Sherry-Stephanie
06-01-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm jsut having some fun here and not trying to be serious after all how can I be serious....I wrote in anotehr thread today about the idea of looking or feeling and as I said there...looking probably never happen with me like some here, but the dressing part is fullfilling in and of itself....and if that's as good as it gets so be it..I'm fine with it....

Get to do the gurlie thing and that's nice....I've only started getting into this over the last couple of months so I am a beginner and that means I have to elarn and take steps forward and that can be a very fun thing....after all aren't we doing this because we like it?????

later and thanks

Steph....

icequeen
06-01-2008, 09:06 PM
it's not what others think, it's what you think hun, if you feel fabulous and femme dressed, then do it. Doesn't matter what others say and what not, it's how you feel, and if you feel beautiful, then you are beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you can feel great about who you are that is awesome, you are the most important person of all.

CD Susan
06-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Steph, I wish you would not feel bad about seeing fewer reponses to your thread than you had hoped for. This happens all the time on this site. For an example look at the new member introductions forum. There are a lot of members that read these posts but very few of them will respond to them. I have only been a member here for seven weeks but have noticed that there is only a small percentage of the membership that will welcome a new member to the site. I do not understand why this is, it is easy to write a short message to welcome a new member but few of us will take the time to do it. The same is true with posts in the other forums as well. I think about 1% of this sites members are active and will respond to posts and the other 99% come here just to read and look at pictures. So don't feel bad, we are not all as insensitve as those that never respond to anything.

Sherry-Stephanie
06-02-2008, 06:26 AM
CD Susan,

as I said I was responding somewhat "tounge in cheek"...as in poking a bit of fun at me/and the pictures....that so many had looked at them and couldn't come to even words to express on the pictures...as in they were beyond words....

So.....it's all in jest and fun....and a few offered some advise....

Practice, practice practice....as well as getting a starting point...

One thing I like about this who "femme" thing is that each component of making this transition requires gaining knowledge to make it better...like painting your toenails...sure you can put on nail polish and say I've done my toenails..but to do them right??? requires a bit more....like using a clear polish as a base and then putting down the color and then clear coat to get them looking the best. My wife got a "stick" so you can get any excessive amount off on the edges...would I know one of those sticks existed???? Nope!! so it's all a learning experience and so with make-up...most of the fun here isn't the end resutl as it is the process of getting there....but got to take it with a little bit of humor in the process...at least that's the way I look at it....

Enjoy all...

later

Steph

CD Susan
06-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Steph, sorry if missunderstood your post. The comments I made still apply to those that I referred to. I am glad to see that you have such a positive attitude about yourself and your level of dressing. I have been doing this for many years but never attempted to learn much about applying makeup but that is changeing. Even us old gals need to learn new things.