PDA

View Full Version : Shaving update

Melissa A.
05-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi everyone.

Well, I made the commitment to myself last September when I started shaving regularly, and today was the first consistently hot day this year in the Northeast. It was time to put up or shut up...

I was out and about all day, even went to my favorite watering hole late in the afternoon. In shorts.

To all of you considering taking the step, as far as I can tell, you have nothing to worry about. If anyone noticed(and I don't care if they did!) They didn't say anything.

Success! And the breeze on your legs feels so good. Should have done it years ago.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

sheiligh
05-11-2005, 07:13 PM
good for you girl i wish it was as nice here in mich, wet cold, breezy not a good day for shorts, i'm glad you enjoyed your self!!!!luv sheiligh

Holly
05-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Melissa, you are so right! No one really cares. And doesn't it make you feel good?

AussieRhonda
05-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Not every male has mohair stockings. Some dont even have a hair on their legs anywhere. Most genuine athletes shave or wax as they have regular massages on the legs and follicle-itis is very painful,and ugly, for a long time, like massive ingrowing hair, big red and ugly and as I said ,painful.
Rhonda

Katrina
05-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Good for you! I'm thinking about taking the plunge, but I'm not sure my GF would like that much - she claims she likes my hairy legs.

Sharon
05-11-2005, 08:11 PM
No one has ever questioned my hairlessness either, and as far as I know it has never even been noticed.

Crystal_sub
05-11-2005, 08:16 PM
I shaved my legs two weeks ago That was a DARE. However, my wife seems a bit suspicious about that but seems to try to ignore.
Now, from online, I purchased Nair roll on type. I'm excited to try this on my legs.
Girls, do you ever used this Nair?

Melissa A.
05-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Nair(at least the cream) burns me. I just shave.

Hugs,

Crystal_sub
05-11-2005, 08:31 PM
BURN????? really????

Wendy me
05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
hairless you go girl most of what we fear is from our own fear...what guy is going to tell you he was checking out your legs in a bar any way????

TaylorAB
05-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone.

Well, I made the commitment to myself last September when I started shaving regularly, and today was the first consistently hot day this year in the Northeast. It was time to put up or shut up...

I was out and about all day, even went to my favorite watering hole late in the afternoon. In shorts.

To all of you considering taking the step, as far as I can tell, you have nothing to worry about. If anyone noticed(and I don't care if they did!) They didn't say anything.

Success! And the breeze on your legs feels so good. Should have done it years ago.

Hugs,

I like two shave my legs because I like the way they look shaved and I'm not all that crazy about hair on most parts of my body anyway. I have had people take notice at times and think that it was strange, but that was far and few.

Melissa A.
05-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah Crystal, Nair can leave quite the burning sensation for a while, leave red skin, or even little red bumps. I don't want to completely trash this product, as I'm sure some have success with it. It wouldn't be on the market, otherwise. Maybe some others have tried it and had positive results? Still, would test a small area, first.

Hugs,

Jenifer1961
05-11-2005, 09:09 PM
--------------
Girls, do you ever used this Nair?
----------

yea, and never again will i use it! i even followed the direction and didnt leave it on to long, my skin hurt weeks after that, and it very painfull for me... and be very carefull, do NOT let any get in your EYEs, it will damage your eyes..

Some people it may work ok for.. I try a test first.. do a little on a spot and see what happens.. better it only hurt thar\t little spot than hurt allover...

Katrina
05-11-2005, 09:21 PM
I've used Nair - actually it was a competitor - and I have had mostly good results. The bottle said leave on for 4-6 minutes and no longer than 10, then gently wipe away. For me and my Chewbacca-like coarse hair, it takes 8-9 minutes and a bit of wiping to get rid of it. Make sure you don't rub it in too much. Once, it left a nasty rash that lasted for a few weeks, but otherwise it seems to work ok. Shower afterwords and rinse with looooootttttttsssss of water and use your hands before you even consider soap/wash cloth/loofa/etc. It is basically sodium hydroxide (a serious base - ie Lye) and burns your hair making it very brittle. It sounds nasty but I use it on my bum and have for a while now. Keep it away from "sensitive" areas.

Alie
05-11-2005, 09:23 PM
The feeling of shave legs (or however much you would like to remove) is a feeling of release from one gender to the other. The sensation comes after being covered with a growth that was not welcome and replaced with what one wishes for. To bad we just don't have a set of buttons on our bodies to turn off or on the qualities that we would welcome.

Katrina
05-11-2005, 09:24 PM
"To bad we just don't have a set of buttons on our bodies to turn off or on the qualities that we would welcome."

That is the best idea I have ever heard! Now where is that nasty body hair "off button"????!?!

Mia lynn
05-11-2005, 09:31 PM
I've tried Nair and that was ok but i really want want something that lasts longer. I do love having very smooth Legs and chest. I'd realy love to be a playboy bunny.
Hugs girls :)
Mia lynn

Stacie Stockman
05-11-2005, 09:47 PM
the Veet Rasera system works good for me. Lot less caustic then Nair. And it comes with a bladeless wiper to get the cream off. Used it until I found a home waxing product that works wonders!

Deeaz
05-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I always shave Nair never worked all that well for me. I also stay shaved all the time don't like having hair on me,I have never had any comments at all and I wear shorts at least 6 months a year due to the heat here, oddly enough I would never wear shorts before I started shaving.

Like2BAspen
05-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Well the big test was did my kids notice and they haven't said anything. I have kind of blond hair and was never very hairy anyway. So I did not have much to shave but it does feel good

Wenda
05-11-2005, 11:35 PM
I was away for five nights, came home to a sewer backup, ran out to Canadian Tire for the professional sewer opener, in my shorts... if anyone noticed, I didn't notice. I really doubt anyone notices, and if they do notice, I doubt they care. I shave regularly when I bath. (My bath has no shower). No red bumps. I just like the feeling of smooth legs. wenda.

ambercd
05-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi ladies, I have just used (for the first time I might say) Intutituion by Schick. It has the skin conditioning solid in the shaver itself, soooooo smooth, but first I use my beard trimmer to cut through the old growth forest, then a nice bath and Gillete for Women Satin Care shaving gel with the scent being Oceania, then to the paint dept and do my toes with a nice dark pink, the panties are black with Stayfree Maxi pad with wings, damn I feel so smooth and sexy and as soon as the toe paint drys I'll put on my Nice Touch lycra sheer Thi-Top stockings, and probably have to change the pad before too long and good as I feel. Enough of the brand name commercial huh. amber

Cathe TV
05-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Nair(at least the cream) burns me. I just shave.

Hugs,

Plus it stinks to high heaven! If you use it - be sure you can open a window or everyone within 100 yards will know you used it:)

Better than shaving ... sugaring or waxing. Shaving just makes the hair grow back darker and more coarse. If you have a high tolerance for pain <G>, one of the epilators works well.

Cathe TV
05-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Just to add to my last, in some ways my age and health problems are a help with the hair issue on those rare occasions I can actually dress.

First, because I have to wear a nitroglycerin patch on my chest every night - in a different spot - I have to keep my chest hair free or it's murder getting the patches off. They hurt! So... it's a simple process to remove ALL hair on chest and stomach ... "because it looks rather stupid having a hairy belly and bare chest, doesn't it, hon?" Ahhh... but it gets better! A reaction from some of the 12 meds I have to take is I itch every place I have hair. So that small amount of back hair is removed by my wife, and my arm hair (mostly gray) is trimmed down with a barbers trim shear so it barely shows. Due to years of athletics, being taped and wearing tight pants I have almost no hair left on my legs and what little there is is quickly removed with the barbers shears again - by my wife.

After years of this almost nobody even notices, and those that may have never said anything or even hinted. Look at all the athletes who routinely wax their entire bodies ... swimmers/divers, bikers, body builders, players who tape almost never have hair, and even guys who simply work out at gyms have taken to removing body hair for a cleaner look with approval from their SO's.

It's a no brainer! Get it off!

Daniel
05-21-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm not worried about complete strangers noticing. Most of them, if they even notice, won't care - and will probably even assume you do not naturally have any leg hair!! For me, the problem is people I already know. Someone made a comment once and I just did not know what to say. Perhaps the best defense against that is to act uninterested in it.

Deidra Cowen
05-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks for doing the 'research' for us on this Melissa. :thumbsup:

I have to confess...I've been wearing jeans in stead of shorts. And sweat pants for going to the gym for example since shaving my legs. You give me reason to be braver. I do think I got to get some sun on my legs...they are very pale. :eek:

I did go to a bike shop this weekend to check out the bikes. My plan is to take that hobby up so as to have a reason for the shaved legs. Gawd those bikes are expensive!!! I thought I'd get a bike for around $ 300 or so. The cheapest racer I saw was $699.00. Will be a month or two till I can blow that kinda money...esp considering all I have spent on cloths and makeup! ;)

Diane T
05-22-2005, 04:45 PM
I use an epil lady for hair removal. A little painfull at first, but it last a lot longer than other shaving method without going the messy wax route. Hair does eventually get removed permenatly.

Priscilla1018
05-22-2005, 05:07 PM
I have been shaving my legs,arm,and underarms for several months now.If anyone notices they have'nt said anything.I don;t think most people notice.I think Wendy has the right idea,What guy is going to say he was checking out your legs?

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Wenda
05-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Still shaving my legs, bum, etc. I tried Nair, with some irritation, but didn't get all the hair. Left it on quite a while. I have been waxing my brows and my chest (oohh..ooowwweee), bleach my arms, shave my fingers and toes. seems complicated but isn't. I bought a cheap epilator for my brows, and it worked so well I got a bit carried away. My gf noticed, if anyone else noticed, they didn't say anything. Probably didn't surprise them after noticing my painted nails. I find if I shave my chest and legs every second day, it doesn't take much effort. If I miss a few spots it is not that noticeable. wenda.

CharleneCD
05-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Last week when I first removed all that unfem hair ,I used nair. It did a pretty good job but he second time I used it, it caused alot of burning and left red irritated spots. I guess its the razor for me tommorow. I may try an epilator or a good quality electrolysis unit. As for what others may think I will just say that I lost a bet and then found out I prefer being shaved. if they still want to make an issue I will say" you outta try it, or are you to unsure of your manhood to do it. that kind of line will usualy do the trick.

michelle-jean
05-22-2005, 09:33 PM
my wife puts nair on me she can reach some places better than i.and therefore i know it is on right and enough.my body hair is thin and so we only do the nair thing once ever ten days or so. michellejean

Marti2004
05-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Stacie,

What wax product do you use?

Marti

Mandy Salamander
05-23-2005, 03:33 AM
I'm with Diane, got an epi-lady, IT ROCKS!!!, really is the way to go, use it on my legs, arms and chest (yes, chest oooooh that stings), nobody has ever made an issue of it and being hairless feels so good, guess if anyone has a problem with it, I've got other hairless body parts to show as well, so they can just pucker up for all I care!!

Rachel E
05-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I have been shaveing for several years. I shave every place that i can get to with my razor with the exception of my head. The feeling is just great. I have a body massage about every 2 weeks and nothing has ever been said by the girl giveing me the massage. I shave about every couple of days and in the summer i always wear shorts. If any one has any remarks, no one has said any thoing to me about it. Again i say go for the gold and shave all that you can and after you do, you will never go back to not shaveing..
Richie, Spokane, Wa