PDA

View Full Version : BBC America....My Secret Female Body

Kristen Kelly
06-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Premieres June 22nd at 10pm et/pt. Part of BBC America Reveals.

Every Sunday night at 10pm in June, BBC America presents a series of all-new documentaries that take an in-depth, honest, and often surprising look at some of the body image issues that people are struggling to overcome in their search for happiness.

My Secret Female Body takes a look at the life of Danny, a female-to-male transsexual. Born as Katie, Danny has been living as a man for four years and has had male hormone injections every two weeks for a year. Now, at 22, Danny undergoes a dramatic surgical transformation, which physically changes his body from female to male. This documentary sees Danny embark on the first stage of this irreversible procedure – a double mastectomy, followed by complicated penis surgery.

Caroline Simmons
06-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Interesting programme, it was shown here in the UK , last year, Danny is real cute:D

ZenFrost
06-02-2008, 05:35 PM
If I had TV I'd watch it, but I suppose someone will just have to sum it up for me here afterwards. :heehee:

waspookie6
06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
For those that have seen it, did it revolve around Danny or encompass far more people struggling with this?

Thanks for the heads up, will mark the calendar so I don't miss it.

Flameboy
06-03-2008, 03:54 AM
For those that have seen it, did it revolve around Danny or encompass far more people struggling with this?

Thanks for the heads up, will mark the calendar so I don't miss it.
The programme revolves around Danny, and his chest surgery - assuming it is the same one that was shown over here a while back. It certainly sounds as if it is, although they seem to have changed the title for the US market - in the UK it was titled Danny: Escaping My Female Body, if I remember correctly.

Dave

Kieron Andrew
06-03-2008, 01:09 PM
The programme revolves around Danny, and his chest surgery - assuming it is the same one that was shown over here a while back. It certainly sounds as if it is, although they seem to have changed the title for the US market - in the UK it was titled Danny: Escaping My Female Body, if I remember correctly.

Dave

Its the same one :D, its a good programme

ZenFrost
06-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Just a reminder: today is June 22.

jsoto81
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
i'm about half way through and I'm really enjoying it. I'll probably watch it again with the wife, she likes watching these shows and learning about it.