PDA

View Full Version : Outed myself today :)

Chrisacd
06-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I outed myself to my mom last night. It felt like a ton of bricks off my chest to finaly tell someone. She was so understanding and accepting of it and didnt even think it was wierd. She told me to be careful when I dress and not to tell anyone I didnt want to tell. The best thing she told me was that even if I cd that I will still be able to find someone who loves me for my good heart and affection even if I cd. :)

postal_rebecca
06-02-2008, 11:07 PM
GOOD JOB! ! !

That is so KEWL that you mom supports you in this venture! ! !

Most Excellent! ! !

becca:hugs:

Staci K
06-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Thats great you got that load off your chest finally. It's great you found support; and yes your mother is right... You will find someone to love you for you.

Congrats!

Nicole :hugs:

Angie G
06-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Your mom is a wise lady and good luce on finding that special GG hun.:hugs:
Angie

Jocelyn Quivers
06-03-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm glad it went well for you. I remember the joy I felt when my mom accepted this side of me.

MentalMercury
06-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling? :D

Shelly Preston
06-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Congratuations

You mom is right you will find someone

I am glad it all went so well

vivianann
06-03-2008, 01:51 AM
that is wonderful, sounds like you have a woderful mother. has she seen you crossdressed? I am happy for you:hugs: Vivian

ReineD
06-03-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm happy for you, Chris! It is wonderful to see parents put aside their own fears in favor of accepting their children for who they are. True unconditional love! :hugs:

Di
06-03-2008, 02:46 AM
Wonderful hon:hugs:

StefanieWA
06-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Well done Chris, it is a great feeling, I have had mixed success between friends and family, my sisters are accepting my mother does not wish to achnowledge the fact of what I told her and switches off when I mention Stefanie. Take care remember true friends will stick by you and other friends that want to joke about it are not realy friends at all.

Stefanie

Joan Merrie
06-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Well done, and she is right you will find someone. When you do, just be honest and up front with them, from the start.:hugs:

Donna Michelle
06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
:thumbsup:

You are so lucky! My mom hasn't talked to me since April when I came out. She is 81 years old. She won't change now. I am just glad my wife supports me. I have to say that my father-in-law just laughs and doesn't care what I wear. It is strange how the guys in the family were accepting while most of the females were bothered by it.

You WILL find someone who loves you for who you are. My late wife and my current wife both loved me for who I am and didn't care what I wore. Clothes are just wrapping on the gift inside. Your mom must be very special, too. Ask her if she would like to adopt an abandoned child. My father is dead and my mom disowned me. I love to cook, bake, shop and fix things.

Sandra
06-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Pleased to hear this Chris.

Your mum is right you will find someone who will accept you for who you are.

CD Susan
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Chris, it sounds like you have a very cool mom. I think it is shows that she loves you and accepts you for who you really are. I am so happy for you.

KarenCDFL
06-03-2008, 10:47 PM
What a grand lady your mom is!

It is so wonderful to see parents who truly love their children unconditionally.

Chrisacd
06-04-2008, 10:23 AM
My mother has the biggest heart in any person I know of. She has always said that she wouldnt care if us kids where gay, bi-sexual, whatever as long as we are happy thats all that matters. My mother loves to take care of people and its no suprise cause she is a nurse.

fempsyche
06-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I am so happy for you, I'm thinking of telling my sister, but I could never tell my mother, she is so far against anything outside of the cultural norm it's crazy. She express hate towards to many cultures, religions and basically anything different than herself. thank god she did not pass that on to me

DanaR
06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Very kewl. I wished that I had been able to tell my mom.

Donna Michelle
06-04-2008, 05:47 PM
The thing about coming out is that you can't go back. But I don't want to go back. I don't want to change or hide myself. There is nothing wrong with me. There IS something wrong with the people who can't accept me or anyone else who is different.

I am still sad that my mom and my sister won't talk to me. I was always "different". My stepdaughter from my late wife happened to be shopping while I was shopping. We hadn't seen each other in years. I happened to be dressed as a woman. She smiled, laughed, said I looked nice and that she was not surprised. My wife was not surprised, either. People who really know me can imagine the feminine side and now see it on the outside.

We should have a cool mom award on this forum and nominate Chris's mom and Ashley Bottoms's mom since they are so supportive. I hope to hear about more cool moms.

fempsyche, my mother-in-law is like your mother. She doesn't like earrings, tattoos or anything. She doesn't think women's underwear should be anything other than white or pink. She hated that my wife had red, black and even animal print undergarments. She was the reason I feared telling my wife about my crossdressing.

My mother-in-law still talks to me, but she doesn't want to see it. She doesn't understand me, but after being in the family for 12 years and providing their only grandchild, she tolerates me. She still loves my cooking and that I fixed her car. It isn't what you wear, it's what you do that impresses people. But if I wear women's clothes, it is what I do. Hmm... I am confusing myself.

Bethany38
06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
think that say's it all :)