PDA

View Full Version : US or UK

ronni
05-11-2005, 10:25 PM
It seems that most of us are from the US or the UK, although I do see a lot of Canadians and Australians here too.

Between these two, which do you think is more accepting of our lifestyle choices?

sarah
05-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi, ronni,
Thats a tough one ..As an australian looking in from the outside i would say the two countries are about equal .I have however found that the english take a little advantage of us with their inflated prices on C.D. related products ...This is very noticeable on e.bay ..But being of English origin myself it can just be kept secret.....

Felicity
05-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Well, I can't speak for the reast of the US, or the UK for that matter, but Portland Oregon is probably going to surpass San Francisco in the acceptance of the gay and transgendered acceptance. It might have already!

Stormgirl
05-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Im not participating in this poll.Christ.

mand
05-12-2005, 05:25 AM
I am affraid I can't comment on going dressed in public and people's acceptance in the US, I haven't tried it (yet).

In the UK I don't think that acceptance really comes into it, I think people just don't care if you're a tranny or not, they are to busy wraped up in their own worlds to bother about a tranny. Yes sometimes you may get a bit of a double look when read but it is very rare that anyone would make a derogatory comment.
Some people will actually go out of their way to talk and try to find out what makes you tick so to speak, but thats quite rare, most simply are not intrested and have probably seen trannies before so it's nothing new.
Mind you teenage girls seem to have a built in tranny spotting radar, they can spot a tranny at 500 yards without looking, they just know you are there :) , but the most they will do is have a little giggle, so just smile back at them and they think thats great, it's all good natured with them.

The difference I have really noticed is on the internet. Tranny web sites in the UK are.................. well to put it bluntly crap and full of snobby bullshit, a certain one springs to mind I think I have mentioned it before ;) so I just avoid them. Mind you I tend to avoid trannies themselves over here, I have met some really nice girls and I do have a few really good friends but I have also met some real snobby, self rightous, know it all types. It's the snob system over here you know.
Whereas on the US sites the girls do seem much more friendlier and more laid back, they seem to lack the snob system thank god :)

Oh and Sarah the inflated prices in the UK don't just relate to trannies, everything is exspensive here ;)

love mand xxx

Wendy me
05-12-2005, 05:38 AM
well not being accross the pond and liveing here in the us i would like to say the us but that would be not fair..as resurch needs to be done... hay got a idear we need a cd exchange program ..... you know a bunch of us us girls go to to the uk to check it out .... and a bunch of them girls from the uk come here to check it out ... then we can do the poll...

Vivian Best
05-12-2005, 06:27 AM
I can only vote my perception of which country is more accepting of us. My perception comes from reading girls posts here on our forum. As mentioned in one of the above posts there are a couple of cities in the U.S. that are very open. I do think the larger cities would tend to be more open because of it's size would allow a girl to get lost in the hustle and bustle of life.

Vivian

DonnaT
05-12-2005, 07:32 AM
There's really only one difference that I can think of, in the UK they have new laws protecting the rights of TVs and TSs. Laws are being passed in the US, but it is being done in states and cities intead of the whole country.

Katie Ashe
05-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Mind you teenage girls seem to have a built in tranny spotting radar, they can spot a tranny at 500 yards without looking...

I agree with your whole responds, but the quote seems to my problem where I live, and the little brats always go public when your near. :mad:

I do think Australia might be more of a neutral place, anyways where's my rock... :rolleyes:
Love Katie

Bernadina
05-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Typical of the rest of the world. Canada doesn't rate a place on the poll. And there are a lot of us here from Canada. Must be something to do with us referring to Bush as a moron and Blair as his puppet.

Tristen Cox
05-12-2005, 10:18 AM
well not being accross the pond and liveing here in the us i would like to say the us but that would be not fair..as resurch needs to be done... hay got a idear we need a cd exchange program ..... you know a bunch of us us girls go to to the uk to check it out .... and a bunch of them girls from the uk come here to check it out ... then we can do the poll...
Now there's an idea;) Personally you've got two major areas you're talking about one of which is much smaller yet has it's acceptance and non acceptance same as we do. The percentage of each is probably the same however. For instance say(just per se) if 25% of the UK is tolerant, then it's probably about the same in the US just covering a larger area yet still making up the same percentage. Although I doubt that either has 25% of it's total volume ranked 'accepting' IMHO. :confused:

Tamara Croft
05-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Typical of the rest of the world. Canada doesn't rate a place on the poll. And there are a lot of us here from Canada. Must be something to do with us referring to Bush as a moron and Blair as his puppet.
Yes but don't ya's all live in Igloos :p :D ok ok .. couldn't resist it.... *humbly apologises*

I don't see how one would know unless you have lived in the UK and the USA... I really can't vote, because I have no idea. I would probably say UK... I've been out a few times with Tam and no one has really said anything.

Bernadina
05-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Yes but don't ya's all live in Igloos :p :D ok ok .. couldn't resist it.... *humbly apologises*

I don't see how one would know unless you have lived in the UK and the USA... I really can't vote, because I have no idea. I would probably say UK... I've been out a few times with Tam and no one has really said anything.

You don't know the worst of it. Mine (igloo) is starting to melt already and there is dripping cold water everywhere. Its just ruining my dresses and shoes.

biddy
05-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm sidding with the Canadians on this one, typicial u/s or u/k question, spose they imagine other then them were all third world and don't rate a mention in a poll ?

Dragster
05-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Dina,
Your igloo's meltiing 'cos you're so HOT!!!

We can debate this question 'till the cows come home, but unless any of us have lived the CD life in both countries, or conducted comprehensive surveys, how will we know? And even then, our answer will only relate to the areas we've been to, and the people we've seen. From what I've seen here, in the US, there's the free-and-easy W Coast, Up tight E Coast, and Redneck territory in between, all with vastly different attitudes to CDs, so there's no such thing as a typical US attitude, and I'm sure the same thing is true of UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada (just for you Dina!), and the rest of the english speaking world who post here. There'll always be the un-informed who will not accept our practices, lets hope its proportion of the population is declining, and keeps on doing so.

Tony

Elysia
05-12-2005, 11:34 PM
This is a hard question to answer. The US is a big place and there is a huge variance in attitudes. Because many relevant laws are made by the individual states there can be big practical differences even in government policy. San Francisco may well be more accepting than anywhere in the UK but I’d bet most places in the UK are more accepting than say… a Dallas suburb. I could be wrong but that’s my guess. Right now the federal government is conservative; in my opinion alarmingly so. I fear the trend here is away from acceptance. In times like these I’m glad the federal government has limits to its power and that I live in a state strongly influenced by the city of Chicago. For the most part urban areas are more accepting. I think the main difference between the two countries is that general opinion in London will have an affect on policies that govern the whole of… well I don’t know… would it be England or the whole UK. Where as general opinion in New York has little or no affect on policies in Mississippi.

Rachel Ann
05-13-2005, 02:12 AM
I haven't been in the UK (or Canada, or Australia) for many years, so I can't really answer that.

I agree with Elysia - the USA is as big as Europe, and almost as culturally diverse. Being a Tgirl in the San Francisco Bay Area is great. I don't think I would like to be one in Mississippi or Utah - or even some other parts of California.

At the end of the day, I think that what the laws say (except in places like Saudi Arabia) is less important than what we encounter and deal with on the ground in our day-to-day lives.