PDA

View Full Version : Practicing what I preach

Kate Simmons
06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I never really considered myself any kind of authority on CDing or how to get in touch with the feelings, I only know how I feel. I will say, however, the fact that I have balanced these feelings and integrated them into my overall self was no mean feat and took a lot of hard work. Recently, I have come in contact with a young TS peson who I care about very much. The fact that she is young and confused about the feelings goes without saying and I know I'm preaching to the choir with that. I never considered myself much of a mentor as I just know how I feel about things. Whatever she ends up doing, the most important thing I can impart to her is to be in touch with the feelings and to be your own person regardless of gender or physicality.

Being comfortable with one's self and having self confidence is really the most important part and cannot be understated. Am I up to the task? Time will tell but really any "success" or "failure" will be determined by her and not me and as always, the real "bottom line" is determined by the individual. It is a beautiful thing though when a person gets in touch with their true feelings.:)

cdisgood
06-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Its really good of you to be a mentor! Thats what I really need. I'm new to the forum and its been great so far!

deja true
06-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Darling Sal, I can't think of a better mentor than you. Your marvelous and thought provoking threads and posts over the past few months that I've been on board have helped me immeasurably.

Being a mentor isn't about telling someone else how to go about dealing with their lives, but showing how by example. And by asking the right questions, much like a good therapist, so they can figure it out by themselves.

You do that better than anyone.

You've been my mentor whether you knew it or not.

And for you I'll always have the utmost

respect & love,

deja

Wish I'd known someone like you when I was a young un'. I could have avoided a lot of pain.

fempsyche
06-04-2008, 08:51 AM
In the beginning if we all had a mentor like you, the lengths to which we could grow would have been limitless

Anessa

Good Luck

Nikki A.
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Sal as a friend and as a sounding board you are the best. Much of my confidence and actions are in part to your posts and our conversations. You have no agenda other that be happy with yourself.

DemonicDaughter
06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
... I walk, and lightly for it may be my own path I create.

I never saw myself as an inspiration, never understood why anyone would give me such praise as being called "mentor". It sounds too scholarly a word for one just being themselves. But yet we are bestowed such titles, not because we claim them, but because someone finds in us what we find in ourselves. An understanding.

I have no doubts you will do profoundly well at it. :love:

Angie G
06-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Yes it is Salandra I hope this person finds what will make this world a happy plase for her. :hugs:
Angie

Sinthia
06-06-2008, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Salandra;1318194]Recently, I have come in contact with a young TS peson who I care about very much. The fact that she is young and confused about the feelings goes without saying and I know I'm preaching to the choir with that. I never considered myself much of a mentor as I just know how I feel about things.

I hope that this young person is over 18 so you do not get into any kind of trouble.