PDA

View Full Version : Held hostage in a park!

Shannen
06-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Well... I was held hostage by my own stupidity and fear!

Today I decided I needed some time to relax by myself. Work has been a bit stressful with long hours and I had a few hours free for a long lunch today. I decided to check out a park about a half hour away that I had never been too. Got my Taco Bell and hit the road!

I had my usual "travel case" in the car and had some newer purchases from a thrift store I hadn't tried on yet. Upon getting to the park I found it very secluded next to a flowing river. Just some picnic tables spread around, restrooms, and a small playground area around the bend with more parking there.

I decided to try on my new skirt and tops. Since it was so secluded I thought "What's the use of doing makeup and a wig for maybe an hour?" Then I couldn't resist getting some pictures of the beautiful scenery and wandered away from my vehicle with the camera.

So here I am 50 yards from anything and a SUV comes driving into the park and parks about 3 spots away from my vehicle! :eek:

So here I am with a pink floral skirt, sheer blouse, bra full of birdseed, and some white sandals. (It is a cute outfit! I'll get pictures someday!) PANIC, do I run? do I just stroll back and drive away? will they get out?

There was a big tree about 3 feet away and I spent the next half hour behind it! They guy never did get out... it was lunch time and I guess he was there to eat his lunch too! I also smelled cigar/pipe smoke after about 20 minutes, so I'm guessing he needed someplace where he wouldn't get harassed for smoking. The tree had to be at least 3 feet wide, and after maybe 5 or 10 minutes, I just moved ahead about 6 feet and sat in the grass, keeping the tree between us.

After he finally drove away, I went and put my wig on! There was an area of ferns that the light was hitting nicely through the trees and I had more pictures to take! At least with the wig on I could continue to stroll around if other came by, as long as they didn't get too close.

The whole time I sat there "hostage" behind the tree, I wondered, "Do I know this guy?" and "What if more cars show up and they wander over here by me?" "Can I handle it if I have to go to my vehicle before he leaves?"

Well, I've learned a lesson. If you're going to wear a pink flowery skirt, do it right! Otherwise stay inside the car!

:doh:Shannen

DanaR
06-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Well, I've learned a lesson. If you're going to wear a pink flowery skirt, do it right! Otherwise stay inside the car!

:doh:Shannen

This is what I've learned as well.

Di
06-05-2008, 06:45 PM
How scary and stressful....glad it ended ok:hugs:

Donna Michelle
06-05-2008, 08:07 PM
If I am going in public, I go fully dressed. I never arrive as a man and change into a woman. Those old fashioned telephone booths are nowhere to be found! Seriously, I feel bad that you had to wait for that smelly man to go away.

One time I was driving to work when nature called. I had to go potty but there was no place to go. I pulled off the highway and tried to hide behind the van while I went number 2. Someone pulled up behind my van and asked if I needed help. I said, "I can't even take a S**T in peace!" and it was my brother who thought I had car trouble. Just glad it wasn't the police!

I have never been pulled over while dressed as Donna. I was barked at by a guy in the PA turnpike toll booth several years ago. I am like fine wine. I get better with age. Now guys hit on me! Still think my wife is right. They like my new bigger boobs!

Don't let this park incident scare you back into the closet. It is fun to get away with dressing. ;)

NatalieBliss
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
well at least it worked out for you!

StephanieC
06-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Shannen,

A bit of excitement I see! Well, at least you had the courage to get out of the car. Plus, you got a chance to enjoy nature, blow off work stress, and learned a valuable lesson. Glad it turned out well.

Shannen
06-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Well, it's been a day and it seems almost comical now! :heehee:

I kept thinking "Do I recognize that car? Will they run my license plates!?"

:eek: The things that go through ones mind when having a panic attack!!!

:hugs: Shannen

Cristi
06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I think that anybody who has gone out has had at least one of those "Oh S**t" moments when you thought you were doing something safe, then things got out of control.

My worst one was when I went out for a walk one night along a mostly quiet paved road. In retrospect, I wasn't dressed to fit in very well (white blouse thin enough to see the bra through, short black skirt, black PH and 4" heels).

I was walking along a half mile from my car when a car came up from behind me to pass me.... and stopped! I was completely panic-stricken and felt like a deer in the headlights.

I took a few steps so I was beside the car but just behind the passenger door so the driver couldn't really see me well. It turns out that he had stopped to offer me a ride, assuming that I was a student of the school about a mile up the road! I turned his offer down in the best 'femme' voice I could muster. He asked again, and again I squeaked out 'No thank you!' He finally drove off.

I basically RAN back to my car (in 4" heels) afraid he would either come back, or the next car would be worse... or even a police car!

Ever since then, I started to consider 'What is the worst thing that can happen' before I do anything and try to plan accordingly.

Edit: OK, I just remembered one that could have been FAR worse, but I got lucky.

When I was 13-14 years old, I used to put on a skirt and tights and take long walks around the neighborhood. There is really only one road to get to the house I lived in, so the first and last part of every walk was a bit of a risk since many of the cars that went past could be neighbors. But traffic was slow enough that I could walk for hours and only see 2-3 cars.

So this one night I'm on the way home and a car drives past me from behind (I'm wearing one of my sister's red school kilts, tights and a girls top). As soon as it goes by, I recognize it as my father!

All the way home, I am SURE that he will be waiting for me in the driveway, and my life flashed before my eyes. But I get home, change into the stash of clothes I'd left in the garage, and find that he didn't recognize me!! Not one word from him. He must have seen me as 'just a girl' out for a walk and never put one and one together that *I* was also out walking at that time (and no, he didn't just keep quiet... he would have made a HUGE issue of it if he had in fact recognized me).

Alayna
06-05-2008, 11:07 PM
it's a good thing the taco bell didn't complicate things while you were waiting :doh:

MentalMercury
06-06-2008, 01:18 AM
So get this, I grabbed some taco bell the other day, and decided to go take a trip to the park to relax and eat it, you know have a smoke of my cigar... I pull up about 3 spots from this other car, and I thought I saw the woman who owned it hanging out in the park.. she got real freaked out by my presence and was hiding behind this tree the whole time. Well I finished my food and smoked and left but I gotta wonder.. what did I do to scare the poor lady? I don't think I'm a particularly ugly dude or anything, I tell ya, some things are just a mystery!

...I'm sorry I couldn't help myself! :D

Angie G
06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
One must always try to do it right if your outside when someone see you. glad it went alright for you hun. :hugs:
Angie

Donna Michelle
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I was dressed as a man wearing a leather jacket, leather hat and denim jeans as I got out of my car to go into a convenience store. An elderly woman saw me and locked her car doors as if she was afraid of me. My wife was sitting in the car laughing. She never found me intimidating.

While dressed as a woman, I scared the pee out of these Asian men who own a jewelry store. They said they didn't have what I wanted. I had bought items from them in the past as a man, but I no longer shop there. There is another store where the white elderly gentlemen gave me a deal on items. I had shopped there as a man before, but they didn't mind. My wife bought me earrings there many times. I would definitely go back there.

I didn't act any differently at the second store (both in QMart), but the second store treated me much nicer. My wife worked in a store and treated everyone as friends no matter how they looked. She doesn't understand why other people act so strange. I didn't have pantyhose over my head, just on my legs.

Tomara
06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi Shannen , Sorry you were held hostage by yourself hopefully that won`t happen again if you plan ahead a little bit , maybe wig first , I`m glad everything worked out in the end for you . I do have one question , do you ever worry that the birds in the park will atack you for the bird seed ? LOL Sorry couldn`t resist a little fun. :hugs: Tomara

JoAnnDallas
06-06-2008, 12:42 PM
I have gone out in the back yard en fem but without a wig, but the back yard has a 8 ft fence all around it. I have gone out in public fully dressed, but never without a wig and makeup on.

Karren H
06-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Hahahaha.... Should have sached up and asked him for a cigerette!! Lol. Probably not funny then.. Lucky a troup of girls scount didn't come streaming out of the woods the other direction,,

I got over being embarased a long time ago... One time last summer I was coming back from a trip and stopped at this park.. Took some photos and decided to change.. By the truck, In the parking lot... 3. In the afternoon and no one around... Just as I dropped my skirt off and started taking off my top this car with an elderly couple come over the hill and swings into the parking lot... They both looked at me undressing... Backed up and burnt rubber getting out of there!! Hahaha.

Then after I got dressed into my business suit but still had my makeup and hair on.. I decided to head back towards home and finish cleaning up somewhere on the way.. Back on the freeway I pulled into a rest area.. And wrapped a pink scarf around my neck like a tie and went in and used the ladies rest room.. Guy clothes.. Female head.. Pink scarf... A lady sitting by the door kept staring at me coming and going!!

The big thing I've discovered is that other people get more embarased than you do.. So why should I get embarased if they are doing it enough for the both of us? Hahaha.

adelle
06-06-2008, 01:34 PM
stop hun take a deep breath- and a doule:drink: sit back and relax you learned us all something. TAKE CARE GIRLS. atleast it all worked out fine. :hugs:

Shannen
06-06-2008, 03:26 PM
:rofl:

You all are just too funny!

No, the taco bell did not "hit me"... that would be the chinese buffet... (well, it IS!!!)

And thanks a lot Tomara, now I'm going to be afraid of birds!

I decided to take a piccie of my cute skirt while I waited for MM to drive away... and of course I will attach a pic of the ferns that I did put my wig on for!

:hugs: Shannen

(ps. Karren, you just seem to have a wicked streak in you! ... wickedly funny that is!)

kay2
06-08-2008, 06:10 AM
This thread brings up an interesting issue for me. The post and the responses highlight (or at least presuppose) that full crossdressing is more widely accepted than partial crossdressing. I like to wear skirts, flats, and have long pink nails. It would strike me that my style deviates less from the "norm" than going further by adding forms, wig, and make-up.

I understand that if a full crossdresser passes, then they simply are undetected. But presumably many do not fully pass. So, why is my style scarier in public? Perhaps people assume all CDs are men who want to be women, and so are somewhat accepting of full CDs. Whereas my style openly blurs the lines.

Well, my style does lead to interesting conversations with women ...

Rachel Morley
06-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Shannon,

Too bad that you got taken hostage by yourself! Thanks for this story as I can empathize fairly easily as I too got "trapped" last weekend. Not quite the same as you but I know how you feel.

My wife and I had just come back from a long weekend in San Fransisco with me en femme the whole time. When we were away we had agreed that a "fence contractor guy" would install some new fences in our back yard, and one of the fences he was replacing comes around the corner and finishes in the front yard.

Guess what? ... despite us coming home at 7.00pm on Sunday night he was still there finishing up, but he was doing the part of the fence that was in the front yard! There is no access to our house except through the front. Oh crap! we thought. Now what? How are we going to get into the house? The weird thing was he must have thought we were nuts as he saw us drive right by our own house and not come home. My wife and I parked a few blocks away and discussed what we were going to do. This guy is real macho manly type contractor and we were not going to take the risk of me pulling up in front of him dressed en femme. I had no boy clothes (I never take a boy bag) and I didn't even have any pants as I only took skirts and dresses on our trip.

What did we do? ... we decided to drive off and take our time getting some out-food (Mexican) and sat waiting for them too cook it (20 minutes) then by the time we drove back he luckily had gone. :)

trannie T
06-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I read your story and was terrified. Do people actually eat that crap they sell at Taco Bell?

Shannen
06-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I read your story and was terrified. Do people actually eat that crap they sell at Taco Bell?

uhhh, yeah! the stuff with the rice in it ain't that bad actually! :heehee:

As far as the discussion drifting towards what presentation is "acceptable", the only thing I was worried about was being recognized! If I had been completely made up, I still would have "walked the other way" if possible on this occasion, because I was too close to my hometown.

-Shannen