PDA

View Full Version : Were you ever punished or told off for dressing as a child?

heathr1
06-04-2008, 05:48 PM
My mother never knew.

AmandaM
06-04-2008, 05:57 PM
My dad whupped me like a red-headed stepchild when I was four. If that counts?

Donna Michelle
06-04-2008, 05:59 PM
When I was 5, I started wearing my sister's clothes while she was at school. My mom yelled at me. She caught me many times and threatened to cut my "guy part" off if I wanted to be a girl so badly. At the time, I liked the idea!

She kept finding the clothes, but never actually saw me in them. She KNEW I was wearing them. She would find them in MY bed or MY dresser. Nothing she would do or say would stop me.

When I was a teen, I had a job collecting trash. That gave me the opportunity to "borrow" clothes I found on wash lines! My mom found my stash of women's clothes and threw them away. I moved out of the house soon after.

I never got spanked, grounded or punished. It wouldn't have mattered. When I recently came out of the closet, she was UPSET and hasn't talked to me since. She claims she doesn't remember finding the clothes. She is 81 years old, but I think she remembers and refuses to admit it.

So, I wasn't punished as a child, but I have been shunned as an adult. I have been dressing as a girl for over 50 years. I can't change that and don't want to change.

Laura_Stephens
06-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Punished - severely.

krisla
06-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I was caught around 13-14 and although not punished, I was stearnly told not to do it ever again, you can see that worked out well

Kris

boy2girl31
06-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I got the old "you'll do what I say under my roof" speech after my mom found oneof my sisters skirts and top in my drawer. Funny thing is mom can't take care of herself anymore now she lives under my roof:devil:.

goofus
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
My dad whupped me like a red-headed stepchild when I was four. If that counts?

Such a nice way to deal with a kid's gender issues...:eek:

Donna Michelle
06-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I got the old "you'll do what I say under my roof" speech after my mom found oneof my sisters skirts and top in my drawer. Funny thing is mom can't take care of herself anymore now she lives under my roof

Nice. My mom lives with my younger sister. They are the two who know that are no longer talking to me. Their loss.

Kris, I hear ya.

Amanda, you should watch the movie about Little Richard. His father caught him wearing girl clothes and makeup, so he dragged Richard to a boxing ring. Richard got a beating until he passed out and his father carried him home. You can't beat the femininity out of a person.

His father said he was ashamed of his son, because he didn't walk right, didn't talk right, didn't sing right or anything. He thought the devil got into him. Richard only gained his father's respect when he became rich and famous. His mother was kind and supportive to him through it all. It was a good story.

JoAnnDallas
06-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Donna wrote:

Richard only gained his father's respect when he became rich and famous

always amazes me how when someone makes it big, all of a sudden they gain respect from people.

Ana5551
06-04-2008, 08:56 PM
My parents found my stash when I was sixteen. Grounded for life, even back and forth to my job I was chauffeured. After that I became hyper masculine, joined the army, and now I wear panties 24/7. Sometimes I wonder how different my life would have been if they would have told me it was okay. Would I have been happier? Or were they actually protecting me from the world?

black leotards
06-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I was caught at about 11 or 12 I think (too many years ago). I was carted off to our family doctor who pronounced it a passing phase. My clothes were all given away. So years later and on my own, I went shopping and I haven't passed that phase yet! :battingeyelashes:

lisalove
06-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I think I was about 10, my mom found some of my clothes. And after an awkward talk from both my parents, I was told they would throw out all my boy clothes and buy me all girl clothes if I was going to keep dressing. I called their bluff and they never went through with their threat. I really wished they had of now, I don't know about then.
When I turned 18 and moved out on my own, they only saw me in women's cothes, never dolled up, Just my everyday clothes.

Staci K
06-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Only one female in the house, my mother. She helped me dress for the first time (Halloween 1984). Afterwards, I was hooked, and she was always too drunk to notice I had been trying on her clothes.

Nicole

Lisa Rose
06-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Got outed by a younger cousin. She told my grandparents. Grandpa says, "Well we won't do that again, huh." It was the late 50's. Took me 30 years to try again then it was the biggest rush I've ever had. To think of all of the opportunities I could have had in the 70's or how much better the rest of that summer could have been makes me shudder. I guess the best we can do is move forward and stop looking back to what might have been.

Tomara
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
The first time my mom caught me with my older sisters bra on she made me wear it with nothing over it the rest of the day until my dad came home , needless to say he warmed my bottom with his belt and told me not to do that any more. (I guess that really worked LOL) The next day when I got up mom wanted to know if I wanted to wear a bra again today , I told here NO. Looking back I think I should have told her yes! :heehee: Tomara

Vivian Best
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
The first time my mom caught me with my older sisters bra on she made me wear it with nothing over it the rest of the day until my dad came home , needless to say he warmed my bottom with his belt and told me not to do that any more. (I guess that really worked LOL) The next day when I got up mom wanted to know if I wanted to wear a bra again today , I told here NO. Looking back I think I should have told her yes! :heehee: Tomara

I played dress-up with my younger sisters! Little did they know it was really for me. They soon grew out of that phase but I didn't. I kept dressing on my own to this very day. Some times I wish I had been caught and got it out in the open in my younger years.

As Tomara said above I look back on many instances where I wish I would have spoken up. As recently as yesterday. My wife was buying a night gown and she ask me about the color she liked and I said what ever you like. I should have said, "if it were for me, I'd buy the pink." BTW she knows about Vivian.

Donna Michelle
06-05-2008, 11:18 AM
My parents found my stash when I was sixteen. Grounded for life, even back and forth to my job I was chauffeured. After that I became hyper masculine, joined the army, and now I wear panties 24/7. Sometimes I wonder how different my life would have been if they would have told me it was okay. Would I have been happier? Or were they actually protecting me from the world?

One of my friends was in the army, has tattoos and was quite masculine. He is now a dominant trangendered m2f with a slave.

I think you had the chance to be a guy and then be a girl and you decided that you preferred to be a girl. I understand that.

The next day when I got up mom wanted to know if I wanted to wear a bra again today , I told here NO. Looking back I think I should have told her yes!

You should have said yes. It sounds like SHE would have supported you. Easier to say that now.

Alayna
06-05-2008, 12:56 PM
never punished, but when I was little I played dress-up once with my sister in one of her dance costumes. My dad caught me and walked away laughing uncontrollably:Angry3:

Didn't really affect me too much surprisingly enough, at least not enough to stop dressing!

KarenCDFL
06-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I got caught when I was 16 by my Mom and after a bit of talk, we never discussed it again.

Isn't it amazing that a parent can spout how much they lover their child and then beat the living shit out of them just for wear some girls clothes?.

Is it any wonder why so many people equate love with pain?

VeronicaH
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I got caught many times. My parents told me once that they were going to dress me up as a female and drop me off at school. I was 9. They didn't do it but it would have been nice if they had. :)

Serena
06-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Never got caught, but one of my friends went home once with his hair in pigtails (he had long hair like mine) and his homophobic dad started yelling at him, saying like, "I'm not paying all my bills and taxes to keep a sissy under my roof!" But that's the same friend that experimented with me in shaving his legs at that age. He was scared of his dad finding out but his mom saw them and just said, "You're gay." lol. His parents were divorced though, so his real mom and real dad had different views. He was eventually kicked out of his dad's.

Donna Michelle
06-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Veronica, you may think you would have liked to go to school dressed, but you don't know what may have happened. I often fantasized about it. I was certainly big enough to kick any guy's butt as I kept all my brothers in line. But I was shy and preferred not to draw attention to myself.

I never liked school and didn't even finish. I had to get a job since my mom divorced my cheatin' truck drivin' father who only came home to get her pregnant 7 times! When my mom through out my girl clothes, I moved out. Then I could dress without worrying about getting caught or having my clothes thrown away.

Serena, that is SO COOL that you had a crossdresser friend! I would have loved to have one at that age.

Ásfríðr
06-05-2008, 04:47 PM
i remember taking a bra from the dresser, which for some reason was in the front room (thats quite strange actually i haven't really thought about it before (!) strangely compelled to put it on, (oh really?!!) reckon i was prob around ten, and i was just wearing it and watching tv in a blanket. both my mum and her boyfriend at the time came in arguing about something. anyway, they must have both seen it but didn't say anything or even double take. i was pretty embarrassed but no one said a word...
also my ex girlfriend found out i'd nicked her pink corset from her wardrobe because she saw pics of me wearing it at a fancy dress do, that was quite funny... never got told off or punished, i don't know if people just didn't care or if they just expected that kind of behavior from me tsk tsk..lucky, read some pretty horrid things right here :sad: :hugs: xx

Julie York
06-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I was once caught dressed up and my parents beat me to death with a lead pipe.

OK they didn't.

Serena
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Serena, that is SO COOL that you had a crossdresser friend! I would have loved to have one at that age.

I might've worded it wrong, he wasn't exactly a crossdresser friend. At least he didn't do it as a hobby, he just experimented a lot. He was a little more feminine than most guys, let's put it that way. I would've loved it too, but I did have a lot of girls I could tell it to at that age (still do).

linnea
06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I was caught only once--the very first time I tried on my mother's girdle. She caught me and didn't say a word except (in a calm voice), "What are you doing?" I answered (in an equally calm voice), "Nothing." She turned around and went back upstairs from where she had come. I took off the girdle.
The odd thing about this is that throughout my childhood, until I had finished the sixth grade, my mother bought and had me wear girls' panties. They were usually pastel colors, sometimes prints with flowers or little animals on them. I never really thought much about it at the time. I had no sibling to compare this to and my mom (as I now recall was careful about what I was wearing when I went to visit (i.e., no girls' panties). She told me on several occasions that she wished that she had had a girl or that she could have one, but she never told me that she wished that I had been a girl. I have an older brother, but he was enough older that I was with my mom by myself on most occasions. There was no dad in the household.
Anyway, after my girdle experiment, I tried on her clothes from time to time--very irregularly--until I was in junior high when I started to put together my own stash gathered from her throw-aways, a few things that I bought on my own, and whatever else I could get. By then, my mom was not bringing me panties and I was wearing Jockey shorts for boys and men.
When I was really young--pre-school--she had me try on a dress a couple of times while I was shopping with her. She did this in the dressing room of department stores, and as far as I know she never bought any of the dresses and she never had me try them on or wear them outside those dressing rooms.
I wish that she had known that I crossdressed, but it's too late for that now.

Chloe Renee
06-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I had been caught years ago. I think I was thirteen. I just told this story to my wife last sunday.She wanted to know why I hate my family and try not to associate with them to much. The short answer was betrayal and lack of trust. I then gave the long answer.She's the first person I ever told and even then it wasn't the Paul Harvey version. (this isn't it either)
My mother suspected something and found my "boobs" (double layered latex gloves filled with water. I may have had a pair of pantyhose then too.
I was confronted, interrogated called a fagot. Asked if I wanted to be girl or just a queer. There was a beating there by dear old dad. I was outed to the family which I didn't find out until years later. I was threatened to be taken to a shrink. My mother threatened also to out me to my scout troop.
All of this lead to a very dark time in my life. High school was full of suicidal thoughts and actions ( I don't recommend this) as well as thick shell of sarcasm. This I wear still today it is easy for me to verbally cut to the bone, while allowing some degree of protection.

About five years ago she made a bunch of accusations in front of my friends in an attempt to embarrass me to no avail. (by this time my wife knew, and we held off the attacks together) Later that night my wife consoled me while I cried. I couldn't believe my mother had tried to do that to me again.

After all I was put through my mother wonders why "we don't talk like we used to"

Oddly enough I still recommend coming out if you feel it is safe.

There is more, but I prefer to leave the details out.
Thank you for listening.

EllenCD
06-06-2008, 02:52 PM
No dressing problem at home with very liberal Mom and no Dad. Wore panties to HS and had some problems with gym locker room numnuts that hated everything. Developed friendships with other Bi-curious types that convinced the numnuts to leave me alone. Several of them are now CDs and we still get together for dressup parties and go over the "Gud ole daze"! :hugs:

MalibuJenny
06-06-2008, 03:01 PM
jasmin, thanks for sharing your story. I can't imagine how painful that situation must have been for you.

It's amazing how some parents can be so fantastically cruel at times.

Ruby B
06-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I never got caught formally , but I had a good idea that my parents knew. My Dad would always ask me if I was going to play "Big Boy Dress-up" when they went out. I always did if I was alone and I really wanted to be caught. I wish they had seen me then so they would know now.
Thanks everyone for sharing.

NicoleScott
06-06-2008, 10:07 PM
My dad caught me playing with lipstick, and for punishment he held me down and put it on me while saying things like "don't you look pretty". He taught me a valuable lasson that day I can never forget: red lipstick looks crappy if it isn't put on straight.

Mary Morgan
06-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Oh yes, I was embarrassed, humiliated, and belittled, and unfortunately it worked. Although I continued to dress, I develop a deep feeling of abnormality, of deviance, and grew up thinking that I was mentally unbalanced. I fell into the safety net of denial and grew up the man my father and mother wanted me to be instead of the whole person I wanted to be. I pray that one day I'll get another chance and this time I'll step up.

RitaCD
06-07-2008, 08:44 AM
jasmin, thanks for sharing your story. I can't imagine how painful that situation must have been for you.

It's amazing how some parents can be so fantastically cruel at times.

Bless you Jasmin. How traumatic. It appears that you may have gotten past the ordeal unless you are hiding it behind your beautiful smile.

Emily Anderson
06-07-2008, 08:50 AM
I was caught a few times by my mother, starting at age four and I think the last time was around 12 to 14 years old. She never punished me, and I'm not sure if she ever told my father... All she said is "What are you doing?", but I was so embarassed that I ignored her and she didn't press the issue. In fact, my mother and I never really spoke about it until later in life, at which point she obviously wasn't surprised, though she did tell me she would prefer not to see me dressed up.

JoleneCDinPA
06-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Never by mother but a girl friend once told me off after finding my lingerie. Later on to accept it because it turned her on! :heehee:

Toni_Lynn
06-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Oh yes! I won't go into the complete detail as I've done so already in various threads (my intro and the one on self acceptance).

Suffice to say that when I started buying my own clothes at 13 it was so very innocent and pure. I still remember those halcyon days of hopping on my bike, riding to the nearest shopping center and spending some of my allowance on panties, bras, and nail polish. I stop by a lake near my home, and sit in teh sahde under a tree and admire what I just bought and think about how good it will feel to wear my new stuff. In my mind, I was not a boy, but rather I was just like every other girl.

When discovered, I was horridly humiliated and verbally abused, and would be made to burn all my girls clothes. As it turned out, it was always only a bump in the road as I would be back at it in a few weeks.

Of course the cycle continued and it got so bad when I was in grade 12 as by that time I was somewhat bolder yet still very fragile, that I went from a straight A student to straight Cs. I gave up on all life outside my crossdressing.

All of this lead to much scarring that affected me for years. It wasn't until I totally confronted it when I stopped drinking in 1988 that I came to grips with the wholeness of my reality.

Would I change anything? As strange as it may seem, the answer is no. For had I not suffered the slings and arrows of fools, I may never have made it to where I am now -- and I am in a pretty darn good place, with a wife who loves and accepts the girl within me!

Delapsus resergum -- when I fall I shall rise!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

VirginiaX23
06-07-2008, 10:11 AM
I wasn't punished when my mom found out when I was around 7 or 8. It was weird. I don't even think I was told not to do it again. I just suddenly really knew it was something I was supposed to be ashamed of and work a lot better at hiding from everyone.

VirginiaX23
06-07-2008, 10:15 AM
My dad caught me playing with lipstick, and for punishment he held me down and put it on me while saying things like "don't you look pretty". He taught me a valuable lasson that day I can never forget: red lipstick looks crappy if it isn't put on straight.

Nicole, it's like parents who force their kids to smoke a whole pack of cigarettes when they catch them smoking one. All the kid learns is that it is better to let a little time pass between smokes.

And do straight men put on red lipstick any better than gay men? ;)

Chloe Renee
06-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.
In the grand scheme of things I learned a lot from that experience. Not all of it bad, but it made me more of a social chameleon, which did cause small problem of "who am I" for a while.
Until I watched the BBC's Tv Wives with my wife I never noticed how defensive I am.
My wife tried starting a dialog and I nearly bite her head off. I didn't realize it till hours later.
We tried the next day with better results.

As for how I feel about what had happened.
Time has passed and most of the pain is gone ( lot was converted to anger which I'm trying to let go), as is trust in them.
I don't wish that situation upon anyone.
All I hope is that if/when I have children I do a better job.
Society has changed since I went through that. Thank you internet...

*EDIT* I didn't mention how much better I felt after letting my story come out. If you came from a situation, and feel the weight on you. Let it out, providing your situation is safe. I used to write journals and letters and then burn them so my parents wouldn't find them.. the anonymity of the net is a better way of doing this. If you don't want to post it then send it to a friend on a forum like this. Someone else knowing reduces ones burden.

Angie G
06-07-2008, 04:23 PM
No I never got caught bot if I had I don't think I'D been Punished very bad:hugs:
Angie

Joanna:)
06-07-2008, 05:14 PM
My mum found a lot of girl's clothes hidden under my bed when I was about 12, and tried to talk to me about it, but I was too embarrassed. She was trying to be supportive, but being a 12 year old boy who was a bit confused and even ashamed of a lot of who he was, I just kept mumbling 'I dunno...' when she asked if I sometimes wore them.

Eventually she just dropped it after telling me to make sure I got my own clothes and didn't steal hers or my sister's. :heehee:

She's always been incredibly open minded and supportive about everything related to other people's sexuality, spirituality, recreation and politics. She's always told me "as long as you're not hurting anybody or yourself, how could you be doing anything wrong".

I've been extremely lucky with my family :)

victoriamwilliams1
06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I got spanked by my grandfather when he caught me.

BillieJoe
06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I was never punished for dressing but I was made to wear a dress one time when I was about 8or9. I was at my aunt and uncle's on their farm for the weekend with a bunch of my other cousins (both male and female). I somehow managed to get my clothes really dirty. I was given a bath and told that I'd have to wear somebody else's stuff while my stuff was being cleaned and dried. Much to my horror I was given my girl cousin's underwear, socks, shoes and a dress to wear. Mind you, there were other boys present and my aunt could easily have given me some of their clothes to wear. I was horrified but was made to put everything on. I was marched out to the glee and laughter of everyone. If I remember rightly I had to play with my girl cousins the rest of the day. Eventually they all tired of making fun of me with the exception of a boy cousin who wouldn't let up. He did that for a few years and eventually he was all of a sudden quiet on the subject. It got out that he too suffered the same fate that I did. Today this would be a fantasy for me but back then it was anything but. My aunt eventually gave me the whipping of a lifetime with a rubber hose also. I didn't think she was ever going to stop. To this day I have no fond memories of that particular aunt. I believe part of the reason she treated me so horribly was that I liked playing with dolls, my mother would sometimes have me wear my sister's panties when I supposedly ran out of clean ones and that my mother would sometimes use me as a dress form when she sewed dresses for another cousin of mine on my father's side. My aunt knew all of this. Years later after my mother passed we found seven dresses in the attic that my mother sewed supposedly for my other cousin. I haven't the slightest clue what my mother wouldv'e gotten out of just having me be a model for dresses that would never be worn. In later years my aunt would often make derogatory statements about my masculinity. I don't think any of the things I've mentioned above had a bearing on my becoming a CDer. There were many other variables that took place. Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble on...

Farrah
06-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I really think my mom knew that I was dressing, but she never said anything about it.

robbie
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Was outed at 11 at a family reunion for wearing panties. Everyone laughed. I walked away and started heading home. They met me about 1/2 way home. I never had anything much to do with that side of the family anymore. It did more damage to her because of her guilt than it did to me. Later in life, she borrowed my panties, she washed them after me moving in with her to help take care of her and asked me to buy her some when I bought mine. She died of cancer last year.

kayfan
06-11-2008, 11:50 AM
My Mum had a bag for some reason of her old clothes including her Wedding Dress...and yes i used to feel great in it. She never used to tell me off but let me get on with it and still mentions in to this day....
Not sure what she would say now

cdgarner
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone.

I recently made my first post/introduction and in it I talked about some issues that I was having. It was suggested that I might try joining a support group. So, I did it. I feel that its a big and positive step for me because the only people that I've had to talk about my issues often didn't understand them. So, if I was having a problem I would have to go through a lengthy discussion of the whats and whys of cross dressing before I could get down to what was actually bothering me.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the help and encouragement and I would also like to continue to get to know you girls and let you get to know me.

Oh, and if anyone is a member of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Tri-Ess chapter, I look forward to meeting you in July. (Ooh, I hope the 1st Saturday is not on the 3rd, that's my anniversary :doh: )

Robertacd
06-11-2008, 11:34 PM
I was sent to a shrink or two or three and forced religion to try and "fix" me. Seemed like punishment at the time, but in reality the counseling helped me accept myself and under stand it was normal(ish). so I guess it back fired.:heehee:

When I was in high school my mother found my stash of her stuff and threatened to out me if she even found any more. Her exact words were "If I ever catch you with another of my bras or anything. I am going to make you wear it to school, I'll make you wear it all over".

Needless to say she never again found my stash.

chaotropic
06-11-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't know if my parents ever figured it out when I was younger, I think they just thought I was gay. they would always force me to cut my hair no matter how much I explained to them how important it was for me to have long hair, took all my hair clasps from me, and my dad would shut down any feminine tendencies I would display, force me to play sports no matter how much I kicked and screamed and bawled not to play. and then one day when I was 14 or 15 I wore my sister's dress to school. A friend who went to a different school had told me that a guy would wear skirts there and no one flipped out, so I thought I could do the same. I didn't make it down the hallway before the principal went ballistic and sent me home. luckily it wasn't my mom who came to get me but the sister whose clothes I had taken. she wasn't upset and didn't tell my parents. though it killed it for me for a while. I got me a nice ultra-conservative girlfriend who p-whipped all the femininity out of me. I think I was able to suppress my girl side by transferring on to her. the subject of me wanting to dress like and be a girl was always shot down before even being fully broached. we married and divorced young and crossdressing came back almost as a way to fill her void. she gave me a nice little collection of clothes as a parting gift I suppose, but knowing that is who I want to be really shattered her concept of me and that still hurts. now my mother and sisters know. the aforementioned sister is wonderfully supportive and is the only real world person who I can talk to about it even though I can't really. but she says awesome things all the time. like "hey look at my new heels, I bet they could fit you" and "you should try this shampoo it would make your hair pretty". the other sister not so much and she is a therapist. god save her patients, she is in the wrong field. my mother is worse. I used to think the world of her, and she is probably the reason I hold women in such high esteem, but after she put the bottle of pills in my hand and told me to go ahead and kill myself and get it over with it kind of broke that.

Sally147
06-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Yes I was, starting at age three. Don't take me back there......

KandisTX
06-16-2008, 12:34 PM
but, I was sent to a shrink immediately when my first stash was found. Fortunately for me this was a short time before I moved back with my Father and Step-Mother (often referred to as Mom in many of my posts). Never got punished by Mom after I came out to her, except for having been told that if I snagged her pantyhose I needed to replace them. (This was before she took me shopping and we agreed that panties and pantyhose should not be borrowed from her and bought me my own supply). She is a great woman as she still supports me and my dressing, she bought me anything femme I asked her for (usually just pantyshields [Carefree, lightly scented], or maxi pads [to wear when sleeping]).

Kandis:love::rose2:

EnglishRose
06-16-2008, 01:22 PM
No; my mum caught me one time trying on her jacket once. I was too young to worry or feel shame about it too, being about 5 or 6, blissful innocence eh! Anyway she just laughed about it at the time.

A few years later, in my tweens, I borrowed my sister's top and was going to put it on in the bathroom then look at myself in the mirror. Unfortunately knocked on the door unexpectedly, needing to use the bathroom. My feeble excuse was that I was hiding the top as a prank :)

Later on (I think I was 17) I borrowed a crushed velvet dress from my sister's room (she'd gone out for the evening), and had just put it on when I heard her looking for it in the other room. Evidently she hadn't gone out, just disappeared for a moment and was not ready yet. I told my mum I'd taken it, and she also found some slips i'd borrowed, in my cupboard. The whole thing didn't go badly. She just said she'd wash them for me and silently return them. I did feel the need to tell her I wasn't gay for some reason.

I left home 15 years ago, and I don't know to this day if she knows about my dressing. I just think sometimes that she MUST have caught a glimpse of a bra or panties that I careless left around. Who knows. I just don't see that I need to confide. My wife who is everything knows and supports me, and that's the most important thing.

Mitch23
06-16-2008, 02:30 PM
mum was always finding her and my sister's things in the bed, under the bed, in my drawers. started off by telling me off but after a while stopped talking about it so kind of accepted it. She was quite surprised when I settled down with a girl and had kids

Mitch

carhill2mn
06-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes, my mother caught me or knew that I was wearing her clothes quite a few times. She would rant and rave and sometimes even get a little physical but, it never deterred me; I would just try to be more careful. My father never really said or did anything about "dressing up".

Audra Sinclair
06-19-2008, 09:51 AM
When I was in the 3rd grade I was in a play and I was suppose to be a Scottsman. I was suppose to wear a Kilt in the play. I lived in the farm county in Iowa and nobody had a Kilt. My mom was able to find a brown pleated skirt from smewhere. It resembled a Kilt. I put it one and thats when my love for crossdressing started even though I did not realize it at the time. I had to practice for the play around the house. I wore the skirt for several days. My uncle made a comment about me wearing the skirt so much but I did not care. I remember sitting at my desk in school wearing the skirt the day of the play. I loved the feeling wearing the skirt and my legs being exposed. I wish I was able to wear a skirt to school all the time....:)

Now I dress as Audra and go out as much as I can. My wife and three daughters know of Audra and are comfortable with it which in turn makes me a lot more happy and confident.

sybercom11
06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
My mother never knew.

My mother knew, having caught me at it. But I was never punished or told to stop. Never was much of an issue with her really.

My dad didn't have much to do with me. That is probably one of the reasons I wanted to be girlie anyway. I spent most of my time with my mother and two older sisters.

I am classic case I guess!

Carol A
06-19-2008, 01:08 PM
When I was 14 my mother came home from work early and I was dolled up from head to foot, BUSTED. She yelled at me "young lady you take off my good dress and the heels, you are to young to wear high heels". I took off the dress and shoes and told to stop, I was given a white blouse and a blue skirt and told I could wear these. Her words were " if you want to be a girl that is OK, but you will stay dressed the rest of the day and we will go to the cleaners and you will pay to have my dress cleaned and then we will go to the grocery store".

Long story short we had that talk and I was aloud to dress from that day on. I think my mother was surprised as I pass as a teenage girl at the store and there has been no turning back since then. Believe it or not but I have no reason to lie.

gretchenD
06-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I was never punished for getting caught for crossdressing.My adoptive parents knew to love me for who I am.They saw I was getting in touch of my feminine side and respected that.

amymax
06-21-2008, 04:19 AM
when i was about 13 my mum found her panties under my bed when she was cleaning my room. when i got home from school my dad sat me down and told me it was wrong and that i should not do it.

but i could not help myself

Cheryl T
06-21-2008, 08:40 AM
I was about 11 and my aunt caught me. I was at her house playing with my cousins and I went sneaking off and was in her bedroom. She found me wearing her dress and heels.

I expected the worst and was shaking with fear.

All she said was, "if you want to dress up, just tell me and I'll help you". I just shook my head ok and ran from her room.

God, I wish I had had the nerve to ask her to help me!!

Jean Marie
06-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Like many others I was caught several times, my wonderfull things thorwn awayan I was severally punished, spanked, grounded, threatened with being sent away and to be taken to shrink. So I wondered the wilderness wasting my life until my mid thirties when I finally accepted myself. now it has been little over twenty years and I go out often felly enfemme, I have come to feel very natural presenting myself as a woman. I am positive if I could have been approced or supprited when you, my life would have been totally different.

tamarav
06-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Maybe the question should be "Who hasn't?"

SandiBluffs
06-21-2008, 11:29 AM
My older sister used to dress me up..she as she got older I still like to dress up and would do so on occasion. When I was ten my dad caught me and made me wear pink panties to school ...hahhah like that would cure me. when 15 dad had passed away and for Halloween my mother asked me if i wanted to go as a girl. I think she knew..she made me up so pretty and I have been hooked ever since

Amelia Moxon
06-21-2008, 12:22 PM
I got caught a few times until I had the means to buy my own things. I was punished for it, but my parent's didn't understand and my dad still refuses to try now even though they have known for years. My mum seems more accepting than she was but doesn't broach the subject.

Amelia xxx