PDA

View Full Version : Small world

gennee
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
:)Tonight I attended the 2nd annual transgender health fair at the center. I recognized a lady from a grass roots organization where we are both volunteers. Frances and I got to talking and I asked her about the organization. She only have seen me in male mode. When I told Frances who I was she was totally taken by surprise. She didn't know that I was transgender because she's never seen me dressed. Frances has been a post op transsexual for over 20 years.

You never know who you'll meet at an event. It's weird but I said to my wife earlier today that I'll see a couple of people that I'll know. I never expected to see Frances but I'm happy that I did. Now there are at two transgender people at the place that we volunteer. Small world.

Gennee

:)

Genifer Teal
06-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I was a memebr of a loca volunteer fire department. In my early days on line, I met someone in a chat room who knew me - as it turns out - from the fire department. After revealing themself, they were more scared I'd out them than I was of being outed. We both kept the secret, then 2 years later she transitioned and came out to the world. Seems ironic to have 2 of us in such a manly organization.

Gen

gennee
06-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I was a memebr of a loca volunteer fire department. In my early days on line, I met someone in a chat room who knew me - as it turns out - from the fire department. After revealing themself, they were more scared I'd out them than I was of being outed. We both kept the secret, then 2 years later she transitioned and came out to the world. Seems ironic to have 2 of us in such a manly organization.

Gen

It goes to show you that we never know who may be one of us. We're everywhere.

Gennee
:)