PDA

View Full Version : My coming out

MelissaAndProudOfIt
05-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Prior to coming out about my feelings for being a woman, I spent ages sometimes days spent at my favourite thinking spots..... near a nice riverside I know, at a hilltop location, chucking stones on the floor a distance away from me .....onto other stones that were there....... pretty stoney near to where i sat down.. looking down at the 360 degree horizon. at sun set each evening. One voice in my head said, "tell them", another saying "Don't!"... took me ages to think what would be best. But one night laying on my bed i had a revelation... thinking geez would i have been happy with my life if it finished tonight... the answer was no. My favourite Quote is " Life is not a rehearsal" So i decided I was going to tell my parents, mother was told first, then a week or so my dad found out. Once i explained i wasn't planning for the chop, and i wasn't gay or bi, he was happy. Mind you saying that, he said If i was gay or Bi as well as a crossdresser he would still have loved me. He said that I was his and mums creation, and they are proud that i had the courage to confront them about myself. I happily spend quality time with them whilst dressed now...

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-12-2005, 12:08 PM
xcelent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly
05-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Inspiring! :)

I nearly came out to my parents at the dinner table while my mum was talking about a good, gay friend of mine, saying he is what he is and that basically she didn't mind at all. I nearly just shut them up and said, "Well, in that case, I'm going to tell you somethine.... I'm a crossdresser."

But something stopped me. Maybe I'm not ready just yet - but if we move whilst I'm away in London all summer, I'm going to have to tell them, because whilst clearing out my room, they'll find my stuff. So I best tell them and pack it away before I go...

Not to hijack this thread: but what's people's adivce on this? Do I tell them... or shall I just pack it away and label it "my stuff"?

MelissaAndProudOfIt
05-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Well my personal belief is one of self belief. I read this line somewhere on these pages and rings familiar ok. On being placed on this planet as we all have been, each and everyone of us has been given unique personalities, for one and for other reasons society in general have considered if it doesn't follow the social norm (self imposed social norm!) set by society on each and every individual who rebels against it. In this case rebel meaning simply not to go with this so called society norm.

As far as i am concerned society has a major crunch in understanding what real norm is... real norm letting people live a law abiding and caring self life role and everyone having the birth right to do or dress appropiate to how they themselves feel happy to live their own normal lifestyle not how society see's it.

These are my views... so anyone if they disagree, please feel to add a reply, to correct me. I know someone will...... lol! Each and everyone has their own lives to live in the allotted 100 yrs we get if we're lucky! Me personally I'd live forever given the health and the chance! lol...

We get one shot at life, unless you believe in reincarnation... If you believe in that one... at least you have another shot at getting things right...lol which means you have more time...

If however reincarnation don't happen which i personally would place presently at about 40 - 60 against. On the off chance if it doesn't happen, then looking at this life as being you only shot.. then maybe it's time to realise that fact. I dress, you dress, millions dress (Xdress) so why bother hiding this fact... there used to be a time when this was hidden behind walls, now it's getting so commonplace, it really ain't considered the taboo it once was, so considering that fact.. unless you have any unmentioned reasons for not telling, then telling really cannot be a crime can it.

This write-up isn't to say you should.. it's food for thought in aid to consider the hard facts... the frank alternative is taking your secret to the grave with you, and never have enjoyed living how you ideally wanted to live, because of the society we were born into telling you not to.

My present Lady friend...yep i have one lol.. due to dressing and being out and about dressed, so guess what... it was absolutelly no secret to her... she met me as mel, before she met my male equivelent... so I can personally say i have no problems... she loves my dressing, and i love her..

Melissa

eileen1969
05-13-2005, 05:05 PM
truly inspired by your courage Melissa! I am so happy for you and welcome to a much more insightful life! Good for you girl, you are truly an inspiration for those whom are trying to find themselves hun! take care n stay sexy Eileenxoxox ;) :)

DonnaT
05-13-2005, 05:58 PM
That's really cool Melissa.

Kimberly, sounds like your mother can handle your 'coming out'. I think from all that you know and or learned recently, you can handle telling her.

The only thing stopping me from telling my mother is my wife doesn't want me to. I think she knows already, however. I may print a pic of my Avatar and say "Here's someone you know, guess who!?" :rolleyes:

sophie/girl
05-13-2005, 07:13 PM
that is great news melissa
my family knows i do it but they dont want to know about it
i would love to sit with my family as a girl but i know that will never happen
love sophie/girl