PDA

View Full Version : First Time Out

christinac
06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm looking very forward to that great and wonderful day where I step out on the town as Christina for the first time.:battingeyelashes: What are some common mistakes that CD's make on thier first time out that I need to be on the watchout for?:doh:

kay_jessica
06-07-2008, 04:48 AM
When you say stepping out on to the town for the first time, I assume you mean a daylight shopping mall experience rather than a T friendly nite club.

If its the former, the one of the biggies to avoid is dressing inappropriate. Dress to blend. Don't be to loud with the makeup. If you can, less is best. If you don't have your own hair (styled) make sure you have a good quality "natural" looking wig as close to your own hair colour as possible. Don't go over the top with bust size. You do not want to be noticed!

Once out there, don't skulk in corners darting from one "safe" hole to the next. If you choose a quiet area to step out for the first time trying to avoid other people, and as you proceed some one appears ahead of you, don't suddenly change direction carry on as though you have a right to be there. If you got every thing right in how you look, they will not even notice you. From my many years of being Kay, I find people really don't care and unless you are being obvious they will do nothing.

Above all have fun

Kay

Christine Kelly
06-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Once out there, don't skulk in corners darting from one "safe" hole to the next. If you choose a quiet area to step out for the first time trying to avoid other people, and as you proceed some one appears ahead of you, don't suddenly change direction carry on as though you have a right to be there. If you got every thing right in how you look, they will not even notice you. From my many years of being Kay, I find people really don't care and unless you are being obvious they will do nothing.

Above all have fun

Kay

I could not agree more with this advice.
If you are going to go out, go out and enjoy it.
What is the point if you don't?
As Kay has stated: 'You have a right to be there', however you are dressed!

Have fun!

christinac
06-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Thankyou for the advice. I'm not big on clubs because they are usually way too loud and over run with perverts. I was thinking on the lines of going to some kind of an event like a arts and crafts fest or something like that, but before I do I want to find a DC/TG to go out with that way I have someone with experience to guide me and watch out over me.

trannie T
06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
The thing that most girls regret when they go out for that first time is that they did not do it a lot earlier in life.

krisla
06-08-2008, 07:27 AM
I agree with the advice to blend. It took me a couple of times to get used to looking back and smiling at people that made eye contact with me. That usualy results in a smile back. There are also times when I have been read and I realize there is no recovery. In those instances I just make sure that I don't burn after the crash, so I don't panic and just make the best of it.

One other tip, I have not done this but I understand art museums are good places to go out. Everyone is looking at the exhibits and they are not as crowded as malls.

Kris

marie354
06-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I think that the best advice that was given me was to stop worrying about what others might think.
That was a real a tough one for me to grasp at first.
It's been called the "Fear-Of-The-Fear" by a good friend of mine, and I think he's right.

Maybe it's all getting too easy for me now since it's almost 10 months for me being full time. (August 21st will be 1 year!)
But once I got over that initial fear, it's been a whole lot more enjoyable being myself.
Of course, in reality, there will always be the odd comments and looks that you'll catch once in a while, but for the most part, it's been the best thing that I have done for myself in years.

The best advice I can give... Just relax and be the woman you've always known you were deep down inside. When people see that you're OK being yourself, they'll relax too.

sterling12
06-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Blending is critical! One of the most important ways to blend, is to learn how to walk like a woman. Many of my friends when they are out, could be mistaken for a member of a marching band!

Learn to take small steps, place one foot in front of the other, close to the center line, about 12 inches maximum length. You are not in a foot race. When you can, "saunter." A lady does NOT stride! When your feet get sore or you get tired, sit down and rest. Your male walk gets exaggerated when your tired and not paying attention.

Peace and Love, Joanie

RitaCD
06-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Amen about dressing properly. You don't want to stand out. You want others to see you as just another lady. If you are going to a mall, go early, right after opening, and preferably on a weekday. I like to go on Tuesday or Wednesday. Weekends are too crowded with teenagers. As mentioned earlier, be sure and practice your feminine walk. The first time you might just want to walk through the mall and window shop. Later you will want to look at and try on dresses. I still get a thrill every time I go out and it gets a little easier every time. You can also go to Walmart or Walgreens late at night. Guaranteed you will look better than most of those bozos.

SweetCaroline
06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
If you plan on wearing heals of any sort, keep in mind, walking in heals on pavement, is very different from walking in heals at home. Be prepared to stumble at little at first.

If people gawk, stare, or giggle when seeing you, just smile and look straight ahead and keep walking. Same with dealing with shop keeps. It's not necessarily a negative reaction. Most people are very kind. They may be just surprised to see you.

Most of all, be proud and have fun.

Megan70
06-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by another member elsewhere*
If you are nervous ...act confident...till you are confident. Do not look around nervously or look down....that is just a sure thing for someone to look and see whats up. Hold your head up high....enjoy
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Agree to what Above person said.

I was going to say myself, In a word ...CONFIDENCE! You'll understand after alot of practice that feeling confident in yourself, not looking scared, over your shoulder or behind you like a shop lifter, will do more for you than any makeup, dress or wig. Also don't give a damn if you are read , its their problem to deal with , not yours. So What? Is it the end of the world, are you taking that CD spotter home to have a long talk at your kitchen table?,,,, no!.
About the Art gallery, been there twice, its a great place to go, as well as museums and exhibit halls. The one thing I disagree personally myself is going to the malls. I always go early evening , like Five-ish dressed as a downtown office girl out of work shopping, on my way home.That justifies the "overdressing". I also DO go to the malls dressed down to blend in. I know i do a good pass job when Ican walk past groups of teenage girls coming at me the other way and not hear a beep.Done it recently and passed 6 groups in 2 hours. I'm still alive to show it.

Do not go to a mall in mid afternoon between 1pm and 4:30 when its absolutely dead, as that is the best time to be read by not so busy sales clerks who are just leaning on their counters intently watching the people walk by as they have no customeres. They get you in their sights every time and whammo ! its like a hunter looking at a deer through his scope ready to take it out.
No...... walk with, next to, in front of crowds of people. Feets, even inches away.It defies logic but believe me I've been going out in public for 45 years and it IS the best way.

Just do it girl,,, and don't be scared or it WILL show.

Good luck hon.

Megan

Karren H
06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Bigest mistake.... looking like a guy in a dress... :)

Over dressing for the time of day and the venue.... not smiling.... walking too fast.... looking around to see if anyone is looking.... acting as if their trying to hide..... inappropriate makeup

Fab Karen
06-09-2008, 05:15 AM
smiling...I'm a native of a very large metro city & if I had a dollar for every GG I've seen in public who doesn't smile ( & I don't mean specifically at me ) I'd be rich. I think if you feel like smiling, or someone smiles ( especially a GG ), smile/smile back. Otherwise I don't think it matters.

DAVIDA
06-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Personally, the few times that I have been out dressed, I smiled pretty much the whole time! It doesn't take much more than a quick glance to tell that I am a male in womens clothes. The thing is, I was so happy and felt so good, that you couldn't have slapped that smile off of my face!:)

christinac
06-09-2008, 06:39 AM
I one hundred percent agree that you have to smile. I see GG's all the time who look like a pissed off bulldog unless they smile.