PDA

View Full Version : A wandering thread about going out...

Alandra
06-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I've been dressing since maybe 8 or 9 years of age? I'd have to sit down & really think about it. I remember the experiences of starting, just not the exact context.

In any case, the only time I've ever been out was Halloween of 2000. I was a student at the University of Minnesota. The joint is HUGE! I'm thinking maybe 50,000 regular "day school" students? It's a city unto itself, situated on the Western edge of downtown Minneapolis.

I dressed up in a knee-length spandex blend skirt. Black of course. Black wool sweater. Black tights. Black Doc Martens. Hey, they weren't femme, but they were the only shoes that had a PRAYER of matching the rest of the outfit. My hair was long then. I wore it down, just past shoulder length? My girlfriend at the time got very hot about it, even though she had no idea about my C/D. She told me explicitly in Sociology that it was turning her on.

Oh, yes! I got a great many stares, and a few calls & whistles. But really, looking back, I was amazed by the LACK of reaction. A student campus of this size is of course a pretty tolerant place. But this is Minneapolis. In the heart of the upper mid-west. Dominated by Germans & Swedes and other folks with Martin Luther burned into their consciousness.

My wife is tolerant. Participating. As of 6 months ago. I've been meaning to go out again. I am tugged in that direction, and yet I don't want any hassle, or any embarrassment. It's weird the way values & priorities can conflict and lead to complete apathy.

There is a DSW about 5 mins away from my workplace. I could wander over there around opening time, while the joint is empty and pick up my first pair of honest to God femme shoes. And so you see how the mind contintues to grope for that which it really desires...

Cristi
06-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I say go for it! Eight years is WAY too long to go between 'outings'!

Shannen
06-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Go for it! Remember fem sizes are going to be 1 1/2 to 2 sizes "larger" than than your boy size...

First pair of fem shoes, huh? Well, get some nice heels, pick up a pair of stockings and get ready for heaven! (Didn't Luther wear stacked heels? :heehee:)

I spent a few years in the land of Kirby Pucket... that will tell you how long ago! And I found "dem dere Minnesooootans to be a perty easygoing folk!"

Have fun and be sure to let us know what you got! (pictures aren't necessarily mandatory... but appreciated!)

:hugs:Shannen