PDA

View Full Version : Bummer!

windycissy
06-07-2008, 09:38 AM
As some of you know, I met this guy on Craigslist, and after flirting with emails he asked me to have lunch with him. I was so excited! He even told me what to wear, and I had the outfit all picked out…but that morning I got an email from him telling me that there was a crisis in the office and he had to cancel. I was so bummed! Of course he just got cold feet, and I guess I should understand – after all, if anyone knows how hard it is to confront the reality of your fantasies, it’s me. No more dates with men! I consoled myself by going shopping, treating myself to a new purse and shoes, which proves that you really do spend more when you’re depressed….

tifftg
06-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Shopping is the ultimate cure. Don't give up trying though as each encounter could open a new door. Just keep those expectations in check so the let down isn't too bad.

Hugs,

Tiffany

leslie ann
06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
sorry to hear that windy noshows are a big let down not cool @ all but shopping is allways fun anyways its his loss carry on girl:love:

KarenCDFL
06-07-2008, 11:22 AM
When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping. :)

Sorry to hear about your broken date. Don't write all men off.

Funny thing is that all the nice guys are us!

Jenny Doolittle
06-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks Karen for the smile when I read your post! All the good guys are us, I love it!

Crissy Kay
06-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Too bad about your date. I do like what Karin said though!!! I think its perfectly true!!!

TGMarla
06-07-2008, 11:43 AM
It's probably for the best Cissy. There are a lot of fish in Lake Michigan. Be sure that if you go out on blind dates with men, that this is really what you want, and try your hardest to be safe.

(Man, them Cubs and Sox are kickin' butt right now, eh?
Well, it's only June!)

adelle
06-07-2008, 12:47 PM
hi there sister, if i may say this im glad that you got the email to cancel? why couz maybe it could have turned out that you had a date with a SERIAL KILLER or some nasty bloke that would just brake your loving heart in to bits. we never know straight away why things happen but you will find out one day that it might of been for the best. flip side of the coin, what if there were a real crisis, he might get back to you with a new date? keep your head up and go shopping my girl. it heals all wounds:drink:

Tomara
06-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Windysissy , Sorry you got your feelings hurt , Look at the bright side though you got to shopping and got some nice things too.Tomara

Deborah Jane
06-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey..It,s not all bad!!!
You got to go shopping:D

tricia_uktv
06-07-2008, 04:18 PM
My guess is that one guy in ten will actually meet up with you after a liaison on the Internet and some have met up with me. So don't be too down girl, and good luck next time!

windycissy
06-07-2008, 08:00 PM
When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping. :)

Sorry to hear about your broken date. Don't write all men off.

Funny thing is that all the nice guys are us!

"All the nice guys are us," I just love that! Almost as much as "When the going gets weird, the weird get going," which is my credo...seriously girls, thanks for your comforting words, who needs a man in her life when she has friends like you?

linnea
06-07-2008, 08:05 PM
It's sad but I hope that you don't despair. As others have said, there is shopping to fill the void and there are others who may be more willing to meet with you. Good for you for trying and thank you for sharing your experience.

Angie G
06-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Well we all know it's his Loss sorry you were let down but if you really want it happiness will find you hun. So don;t give up Windy you know how most men are just pigs.:hugs:
Angie

Annemarie
06-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Well a not uncommon experience; most admirers are married ...few have the cojones to actually realise their fantasies. Decent guys on the scene are few and far apart, the handsome ones are even rarer.

Nicole Erin
06-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Maybe something really did come up. I imagine he just chickened out, but what if he contacts you later wanting to go out?
I know that is not the usual case but the first time I wanted to go on a date with my wife, she said she had something going. I immediately shrugged it off as "Oh well, another line of BS, time to find someone else" but a couple weeks later, she got ahold of me wanting to hit the club. We have been together every since.

Of course at that point I knew she wasn't just BS'ing her way out of anything.

Hang in there. Maybe give it a couple weeks and see if he would like to meet. If he really wants to, he will arrange something, even a cup of coffee.

Amy Hepker
06-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't think I could ever date a male in any form. I might go shopping with another CD or do other things with them but never sex or date.

KateSpade83
06-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Craigslist is full of scammers. For scam cars and trying to get you to join a dating site from a personal ad.

TxKimberly
06-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Awe, I'm so sorry to hear you were disappointed. One small up side - at least he had the courtesy to call you. I've heard a lot of girls tell the story of how they waited and waited and no one showed up.

KateSpade83
06-25-2008, 07:19 PM
I just cruised Craigslist and the people who look for CDs and TS seem all scummy waiting sex. Rarely anyone taking you out and treating you like a nice lady for dinner.

Maria2222
06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. Unfortunately, it's quite common.
The best thing to do is have a backup such as dressing, or as you did, going shopping.
Don't give up. I hope the next time is great.

Nicole Erin
06-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't quite get it though, isn't it usually the lady who doesn't show up? I mean since when do guys pass a chance to be in a lady's company for any kind of date? [meaning anything from coffee to a night of romance]

CD Susan
06-26-2008, 01:50 AM
At least you did not get stood up. That is worse than anything else. He at least had the decency to let you know he could not make the date. Maybe he got cold feet or maybe it really was an office emergency. Give it a little time, maybe he will get back to you with an apology and want to make it right.

MsJanessa
06-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Honey welcome to the TG/CD dating world---common occurence---guys fantasize about Us all the time on the internet/phone but when push comes to shove about 75% are just that. At least he had the manners to call--look at it on the bright side he was probably married---hope your next one turns out better. ps--went to your photo page---I don't think you will have any problems getting dates if you look half as good as your photos