PDA

View Full Version : Considering

_Sarah_
06-07-2008, 08:25 PM
For the past couple of days i have been contemplating coming out to my sister.

I have no doubt that she would be ok with it but she does have a tendency to open her mouth before thinking.

I've never really been bothered that much as to what other people think however i dont really want everyone to know...

So i thought i would ask for you opinion on this.

Thanks.

RachelB.
06-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I've always been told two people can keep a secret only when one of them is dead. If you want to keep it a secret don't tell anyone.

Rachel

_Sarah_
06-07-2008, 08:47 PM
i dont plan on keeping it secret. i just prefer to do it my way in my own time.

suzanne
06-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Only you can decide whether you can expect her to treat you with trust or acceptance. Others in this forum have suggested testing the waters first by making a comment about someone else or a recent news item. Mention something like "I saw this article...." and guage her response. Add this to everything else you know and feel for each other and decide for yourself. Best of luck!. Be sure to let us know what you decided and how it went.

christinac
06-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I think you hit a six of one and a half a dozen of the other situation that we all go through. If there is any possible danger of her finding out, then it is best that she finds out from you (even if she does go off full speed ahead without thinking) instead of a second hand source which could really twist things up, down, and around and start crap that doesn't exist.

AmandaM
06-07-2008, 10:06 PM
My sister is a bull dike, and I don't think she would mind, but would she tell those who might?

linnea
06-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Decide what your own time is and let her be a part of it, but definitely don't expect that she will be able to keep the news secret. It just won't happen. The pressure of "knowing" will build in her until she decides that she has a trusted friend whom she can tell and so on and so on and so on.
You really are the only one who can judge and decide whether or not to tell anyone much less her. I have grappled with this problem for years; my crossdressing is still a secret.

_Sarah_
06-07-2008, 10:24 PM
If people knew it would not be the end of the world.
It's just one of those things that are to be accepted and moved on.

thwaiter
06-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I think you should tell her when you feel comfortable enough to tell her. Are you glad you told your mom?

_Sarah_
06-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Yes, I should have probably done it earlier but the timing was bang on for me.