PDA

View Full Version : Pushing The Envelope- Close Encounters of the CD Kind

Megan70
06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I've been going out dressed in public since I was 13 years old, so I'd say its over 45 years. I've done pretty much everything, gone everywhere I've wanted, movies, restaurants, shopping , concerts, with my wife or solo. So I can say i am experienced.

I had a pleasant thing happen a month ago that I wonder if anyone else has enjoyed. I'll call it Close encounters of the CD Kind. Put simply, running into, face to face, making personal voice contact with someone you know well, and who equally knows you... but doesn't recognize you from a hill of beans and continues the brief interaction responding to you as if you were really a woman.

This happened last month when a good friend of mine who is gay poses as my male date and we go together as two friends to our concert theater in our city to hear a Philharmonic classical concert. The hall is magnificent and our cities smaller version of Carnegie Hall in NYC.
Well we walk up to the seating area in the luxury mezzanine and they have older lady volunteers help you find your seat and look at your ticket giving you a program.
One lady seats us, I realize I don't have a program so I motion behind me to another lady. She come down and gives me one,
Its a woman I work with face to face in my weekend tourist village job. Shes on staff there. She doesn't recognize me from Adam, but comes back down minutes later gently informing me i can't hang my jacket on the balcony ledge. I say thank you dear, you're sweet, all the time bursting inside.
Well the concert ends and I'm not 100 % sure it was her so I think, I'll go talk to her in my best femme voice, look at her name tag for ID and be satisfied. So I go up on the pretense to ask a dumb question about a future concert , I see her name tag, listen to her voice and look her dead in the eye, and whammo... it definitely was her. Not a read was given. Saw her the following Saturday and she never said a word. If she only knew.

This often happens with older women and men over 70 that don't really examine you carefully because they assume.
Now I've passed co-workers on the street and in stores and i would get a normal quick glance then back to their business but never had a positive
Close Encounter of The CD Kind.
Have any of You???:daydreaming:
Megan

Megan70
06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh... forgot to mention. My woman friend co-worker complimented me on the outfit I was wearing and said she'd never seen me their before.I told her I've been around I'm thinking" o.k. yes you have , every saturday, but in male drab."
It was a hoot of an experience

Alana65
06-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Megan,

I've never had the pleasure (of what you described above), but sure wish it would happen. You must've been on :c9:, hun. Thank you for sharing.

Jenna1561
06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
What a great story and I'm sure a very positive and uplifting experience for you. I always get a little nervous/paranoid when I'm out and about and see a coworker, but so far none have ever mentioned anything to me. I was wondering what your wife said when you told her the story. A big smile on her face too, I bet.

Jenna

Beth-Lock
06-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Yes, its a blast when you come face to face with someone you know and they do not recognize you. It makes up in small part for the other times.
It has even happened to me, when people I know and who know I cross-dress, mistake a tall, GG, for me!

renee k
06-08-2008, 09:38 PM
This happened to me several years ago, when a TS friend of mine and myself attended a play at the Fisher theater here in Detroit. My girl friend's mother and two sisters who I knew where sitting in the row behind us during the play and stood in line with us for the ladies room during intermission. And we carried on a conversation about the play while waiting for the line to move into the restroom. I had known previously that they were going to attend the play, but had no idea they would be seated directly behind us. Talk about being a nervous cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Since the play I had been at acouple of my girl friends family functions, and no one was the wiser that it was me that they talked with at the play. At least they didn't let on to it!

Huggs, Renee

melissa_rinaldi
06-08-2008, 11:18 PM
I too have been out since I was young (12), and in my 40's, I think I can say that I've done it all as well. I used to fly a lot as Melissa, and although I flew out of a smaller airport, I never really worried too much about running into anyone. One day boarding, I was about midway through the plane (Didn't get upgraded that day - damn!), and a guy stepped out into the aisle. He turned around suddenly, and it turned out to be a guy I worked with, and had spent time with on long term business assignments. OUCH! I'm sure I froze and must have looked like that as well. I was certain I would be read. I didn't mention that this guy was a big homophobe. Staring me in the face, he simply apologized and let me through. I think he was looking at my chest more than my face. I spent the rest of flight worrying that he'd figure it all out and approach me - but no such bad luck! Next time I saw him, I even went so far as to ask him how his flight was - and I got no indication whatsoever that he saw through me.