PDA

View Full Version : girlfriend friendly information?

ashley82
05-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi girls, I was hoping for some help and wisdom. (there seems to be a lot of that here.:))

I've been with my girlfriend for about four months now, and we love each other quite a bit. She's known I dress since before we were even together, and is ok with it. ("I don't understand it, but it makes you happy and I want you to be happy.")

While I've tried to explain things to her as best I can, and we've talked extensively, but I feel may miss things and may not be very clear. It doesn't help that I'm not used to talking about this, and not entirely comfortable with myself. I guess I'm just looking for some resources geared toward SOs that may explain things to her or help me explain it. I've been nervous about sending her here for the moment, as I'm trying really hard not to overwhelm her.

As always, I welcome any insight you have.

Katrina
05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Congrats on finding a girl that is ok with your dressing! I told my GF one day and she took it ok (it was a surprise to her mostly). A bit later she was upset by it but then accepted that it made me happy and is tolerant of it. I know she would be happier if she had a "normal" boyfriend that likes to look like a guy, but she is accepting. We have taken it very slowly. I gave her plenty of time after I told her before I wore anything in front of her. She has never even seen me completely made up. This is a long process and she may never fully accept it - thats the risk we have to take. So my advise is go slowly and take some time to decide what you want and find out how you can accept yourself! If you decide to pursue something more, you should let her know that even though she may not accept that. I think I have finally accepted myself - I spent the last year CDing more or less regularly - the decade before I had done nothing at all! I even went out shopping today with my fingernails done in a french manicure! It was great.