PDA

View Full Version : Mum to meet Gemma at last

Gemma Rhodes
06-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi All,

You may recall I decided to tell my family and close friends about Gemma a couple of years ago. All were incredibly supportive but my Mum said although she now knew I dressed she did not want to see me dressed.

Well she has now said she wants to meet Gemma. After my recent health scare she realises that dressing makes me happy and has said to me she would be willing to meet Gemma but isn't sure how she will react when she first sees "her son" all dolled up.

Hopefully she will see past the clothes, that I'm the same person and its whats inside that matters.

Its a step in the right direction but I will let you know how it goes when I go round to see her later in the week.

Gemma

xx

Nikki A.
06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Moms more than anyone else will love you no matter what. If she sees that you're happy she will accept it (maybe not fully understand) and you.
She has had time to mull it over and thats what counts.

Talon DeRojo
06-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Gemma - I think that it's a good sign that your Mom has made a request to see you dressed. She's clearly progressed from just hearing that you were a CD to wanting to see you that way. Let her proceed at her own pace and I think that things will be OK.
Talon:)

Jae
06-09-2008, 11:02 AM
As she has asked to see you Gemma, I am sure she will continue to love you. Wishing you the very best.

DonnaT
06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Hope it goes well Gemma.

Although, as worried as she is about your health, ask her to be honest with you.

Ashley Lyn
06-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm sure my 'Mum' knew all along that I 'dressed'... :o

I never told anyone, except my SO's, so I didn't have the courage as you do, but I'm sure she would have supported me fully.
I'll bet your 'Mum' will be genuinely pleased.:) Good Luck!

Donna Michelle
06-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Well she has now said she wants to meet Gemma. After my recent health scare she realises that dressing makes me happy and has said to me she would be willing to meet Gemma but isn't sure how she will react when she first sees "her son" all dolled up.

Since SHE said she is willing to see you, the health scare must have made her realize how much she cares about you. I wonder if that would work with MY mom. I doubt it. Glad for you, though.

AliciaWeb
06-09-2008, 02:39 PM
I hope the meeting goes well. A mothers love can handle most things and it is obvious that she has a deep love for you.

Tomara
06-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi Gemma , I think that the fact that she said she wanted to meet you is a positive step in the right direction . I wish you the best of luck and try not to be too nervous , she will probably say something like WOW you look better as a girl :heehee: Please keep us updated Tomara

SherriePall
06-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Gemma -- I'm sure everything will be fine. It may be a minor shock for your mom to see that her son "all dolled up" is a doll, but I'm sure she will understand that you haven't changed inside.

Deborah Jane
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Gemma, as your mum has suggested meeting you as Gemma, i,m sure things will be fine..Good luck
The first time my mum met Debs [at her suggestion] it took her a little while to get used to it. Now i think she prefers me being Debs [she says i seem to be calmer for some reason.]

Sarah Rabbit
06-09-2008, 05:11 PM
I hope the meeting goes well...

Keep us informed on how it goes:)

Sarah R. :bunny:

Pamela Julie
06-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I am sure your mum will see you as a sweet and beautiful woman, that she will love as her daughter as much as she has loved you as her son. It may take a while for her to adjust to seeing you all dolled up, but not as long as the time that has already passed since you introduced Gemma to the family. Please keep us up to date on how it all goes for you and mum.

Pamela:)

danielle_from_cal
06-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Way to go Gemma! A couple of years ago I did what you are going to do (with my Mom of course). It turned out great. She lives a long way from me, so I do not see her often, but now I feel uncomfortable seeing her when I am not dressed. It's like going out without makeup. It just doesn't seem right.

Anyway, it was fun and it has made us closer, so it was well worth it. I can't wait to hear how it turns out for you.

Danielle Hyatt
06-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi Gemma

I wish you all the best and hope gose well.

Pese PM me if you want.

Your Friend
Dan:D

Rachel Morley
06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Hopefully she will see past the clothes, that I'm the same person and its whats inside that matters.
I have no doubt that she will. Mums are special and I think she will know what is important in her child's life. Also, there's nothing like a health scare to bring the reality of life into focus.

Trust in the love that your Mother has for you. I'm sure everything will be just fine :hugs:

Jeannie Bingham
06-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Hi Gemma,
I'm sure everything will be fine. Your Mum's not going to start hating you because you happen to be a CDr. The fact that you love each other as Mother and son (or Mother and daughter) is far more imprtant than what you are wearing.

Gemma Rhodes
06-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Right the date is set, this Friday night. (Yeah I know its Friday the 13th but I ain't supersticious)

Getting nervous already. Decided what I'm gonna wear but changed my mind about half a dozen times since.

Emily Anderson
06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Wear something your Mum would be proud to see her daughter wearing. Sounds like you have a lovely Mum, and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

victoriamwilliams1
06-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Right the date is set, this Friday night. (Yeah I know its Friday the 13th but I ain't supersticious)

Getting nervous already. Decided what I'm gonna wear but changed my mind about half a dozen times since.

Everything will be fine.

racquel
06-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Mom's are great.The first time mine saw me dressed she was a bit taken back but quickly became comfortable with it and I have no doubt that your Mom will be the same.:love:

Gemma Rhodes
06-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Girls,

Well, what was I worried about, after about half a dozen changes of outfits I decided to wear a black and white stripy top and a knee length demin skirt with natural tan coloured tights. Luckily Mum only lives 5 mins walk away but I was shaking as I made my way there. I nearly turned back but went upto the door and rang the doorbell. My mum opened the door and as soon as she saw me she started to cry, I put my arms around her and reassured her it was all ok and she just said she couldn't believe how nice I looked.

Anyway after the tears stopped we went into the lounge where mum had the best china out (the china she only ever normally uses for special guests!). So we had a tea and a couple of biscuits each and talked for ages. I assured her I was still the same person and she said as long as I was happy she would still love me as much as always. I left (with an invite to go back again next weekend) and cried most of the way home with relief (The tip to wear waterproof mascara was definately a good idea).

So it looks like mum has finally accepted Gemma completly now and at the moment I could not be happier.

Gemma

xx

Deborah Jane
06-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow..Thats great news Gemma:hugs:
I,m really pleased everything went so well for you both

SherriePall
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Gemma -- I am so happy for you. You must have a wonderful mum.