PDA

View Full Version : Intution: Have you been caught by it.

dominique
06-09-2008, 08:20 AM
As they say women sometimes have a sixth sense about things. Has this sixth sense caught you out when unprepared for it and how did you recover from it ?:hugs:

Lisa Rose
06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by being 'caught'. Perhaps you mean being caught off guard by it. By that I mean if you had a sense of intuition and didn't listen to it or chose to be more 'logical' instead. If this is what you mean then, yes, I have many times. My intuition talks to me all of the time and when I listen I do much better for myself.

charlie
06-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I definately have been "caught" off guard by little comments that seem to indicate that my SO may have an idea that I liked wearing ladies clothes. Little comments like "you can be the girl", "you like high heels", and things like that. Comments that do not really mean much, or do they?

jaina
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Can't say I've been caught off guard by it. I've been the one with the stongest intution (or any name) in any situation or group for as long as I can remember.

TxKimberly
06-09-2008, 12:14 PM
A new question!
<Cue echo and voice of the Guardian of Forever from Star Trek>
"A new question. Since before your star burned bright in space . . ."
(Yeah, I'm a nerd)
Seriously, it's rare to see a truly new question here, one that hasn't been asked before. Way to go!

No, I don't think I've ever been busted by intuition. I think people will often go through mental gymnastics to avoid reaching the correct conclusion when it comes to cross dressing. When I was younger, there were several incidents that should have made it very clear to all involved that I was a cross dresser and yet they appeared to refuse to realize it.
The human brain - what a marvelous thing.

Babette
06-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I cannot say that intuition ever caught me off guard. Since the question is perhaps a little ambiguous, maybe I could answer it several ways. Not paying attention to my intuition may have cost me in the long run. On the other hand, my intuition has really caught several others off guard.

Babette

Lisa Rose
06-09-2008, 02:19 PM
[ On the other hand, my intuition has really caught several others off guard.

Babette[/QUOTE]

Ahh Babette, that's what I like best about using it. It really does help you get a better outcome in a given situation.

AliciaWeb
06-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Male friends in particular have commented that I am "quite dangerous" when I have made what to me seems a simple deduction about someones intentions but which they percieve as being based on almost no evidence. I think they would not find the same action so very remarkable in a woman. It always strikes me how blind so many people are, perhaps a large part of "intuition" is the observation and appraisal of the minutiae of peoples body language and speach inflection. Women are far more observant of details and dogs are very good at this also I think.

Phyliss
06-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I call it "That little voice" you know the one that says "you should oughta,.. or not a good idea" If I don't pay attention to myself I get in trouble or have some serious problems. The more I listen and follow the inner direction the better off I am.

VirginiaX23
06-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Actually, my wife has scary good intuition and while she knows that I am TG/CD, I have only on occasion spoken to her about my thoughts about being TS (which I do not believe I am... I believe myself to be gender neutral... I stand in the middle of the road mostly, but occasionally I'll drive more on one side than the other). Anyhow, I've recently decided to see a counselor about some stress issues and talk to a neutral party about being CD, which is something I have never discussed with a therapist before. I also plan on opening the subject of being TS with the counselor and see where that takes me. I can't see ever having any surgery, but I might want to explore living as a woman at some point in the future if I can lose enough weight and find enough prosthetics to make myself look reasonably passable. In any case, I told my wife, in front of others, that I needed to talk to her about the decision to go and talk to someone, but was not specific. She whispered in my ear with only the slightest hint of concern "Do you want a sex change?" I laughed a little and whispered back what my intentions were. But still, so very close to the mark.

jenalex
06-10-2008, 12:19 AM
As they say women sometimes have a sixth sense about things. Has this sixth sense caught you out when unprepared for it and how did you recover from it ?

Intuition is the brain taking shortcuts with previously acquired knowledge. Women tend to be better (than men) on personal stuff because they've put more work into it over the years. But...

For someone to pick up on CD intuitively, it needs to have appeared on their radar. In general, people (of whatever gender) haven't got that experience. Another CD is far more likely to pick up on it intuitively. But equally likely they won't say anything, because of what that might imply about them :battingeyelashes:

sandra-leigh
06-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Intuition is the brain taking shortcuts with previously acquired knowledge. Women tend to be better (than men) on personal stuff because they've put more work into it over the years.

On the Meyers/Briggs tests, I come out as fairly strongly intuitive, which gives me more than a little pause, as I don't think of myself as being especially intuitive. I guess it depends on what you mean by "intuitive". When "intuitive" is taken to mean something like, "making correct judgements based upon what would seem to be completely insufficient knowledge", then Yes, within my technical specialties I am heavily intuitive. But it takes a lot of study to become that intuitive!! That and a lot of semantic analysis about what people are implicitly conveying by their choice of wordings.

But when it comes to emotions or interpersonal stuff... no, not me! Is one of my co-workers having an affair? Statistically speaking, my workplace is large enough that there are probably even some active threesomes... and I would probably never notice. (And historically I had a pretty bad track record in figuring out which of my female acquaintances was Interested in me. :sad:)

jenalex
06-10-2008, 01:21 AM
On the Meyers/Briggs tests, I come out as fairly strongly intuitive, which gives me more than a little pause, as I don't think of myself as being especially intuitive. I guess it depends on what you mean by "intuitive". When "intuitive" is taken to mean something like, "making correct judgements based upon what would seem to be completely insufficient knowledge", then Yes, within my technical specialties I am heavily intuitive. But it takes a lot of study to become that intuitive!!

Exactly so. You get to the point when you just "know" (about whatever) and you're usually right. But not always.

:flyingpig: <<< counter-intuitive :happy:

dominique
06-10-2008, 04:15 AM
What I mean is that has your wife picked up subtle hints with out you knowing about it and has confronted you by saying "Have you something to tell me ?" Hope that clears the mud a bit.

Margaret
06-10-2008, 04:29 AM
I have kept my CDing very private and in the closet but a very dear gg friend asked me straight out over dinner one evening. She had noticed i was very reserved over some issues and not inclined to talk openly about them.

I must say it was quite a relief to tell someone directly that I love to dress and subsequently she is the only person to have seen me fully dressed. This lady has been very supportive but lives quite a long distance away so our discussions have generally been limited to emails.

Lisa Rose
06-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Intuition is the brain taking shortcuts with previously acquired knowledge. Women tend to be better (than men) on personal stuff because they've put more work into it over the years. But...

For someone to pick up on CD intuitively, it needs to have appeared on their radar. In general, people (of whatever gender) haven't got that experience. Another CD is far more likely to pick up on it intuitively. But equally likely they won't say anything, because of what that might imply about them :battingeyelashes:

Acrually, I thinki it goes beyond your definition. I thinki it's a more natural sense of what is or what will be unless you're willing to allow knowledge from previous lives into your assessment of 'previously acquired knowledge'.

Babette
06-10-2008, 07:06 AM
What I mean is that has your wife picked up subtle hints with out you knowing about it and has confronted you by saying "Have you something to tell me ?" Hope that clears the mud a bit.

My hints are about a subtle as a train wreck. Drooling over a pair of shoes or new top at the store is about as subtle as I get. Sure she picks up on it and if I'm lucky, she will give them to me for my birthday.

Sorry Dominique but I really know what you were referring to. I just could not help myself (again). Her intuition detected my inner self a long time ago.

Babette

jenalex
06-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Actually, I think it goes beyond your definition. I think it's a more natural sense of what is or what will be

how do you mean? :happy:

_Sarah_
06-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I make most decisions based on intuition and logic. Never yet steered me wrong.

Lisa Rose
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
how do you mean? :happy:

Feelings are hard to explain but I just think it goes beyond 'pior knowledge'. Perhaps the best way to explain it is by comparing it to 'deja vu'. It's happened to me many times throughout my life and the only 'prior knowledge' I'd had of the event was from a prior dream. An example: I spent 1 year in Viet Nam. Deja Vu happened while there at least three times. I swear I'd never been there before and haven't been back.

Perhaps another example is some of the scenes in Phenomenon when John Travolta 'felt' something. Perhaps physical, perhaps intuiton. It was all new to him, not something he could sense from 'prior knowledge'.

I just don't think 'feelings' can be explained by saying it all comes from 'prior knowledge'. :love::hugs:

Glenda
06-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Several years ago while I was still mostly in the closet I was sitting on the deck outside of one of my favorite watering holes when a new couple came into the bar. They sat at the bar where I could see in through the open doors. I was involved in a conversation with a couple of friends and would glance inside occasionally. The woman turned and looked at me with a pretty intense stare. I smiled and raised my beer in a friendly salute and she smiled back.

After about 20 minutes she and her date came outside. One of the friends I was with talks to everyone, so she struck up a conversation with the new couple. While she was talking to the man, the woman came up to me, smiled and asked, "You're a crossdresser, aren't you?" At this point in time, I did not do anything to give anyone a clue that I was. I didn't shave my legs, didn't have long fingernails, didn't have any feminine attire on......didn't know who she was from Adam.

I said, "Yes, how do you know?" and she said she just has a sixth sense about some people. We've since become very good friends. We've known each other for more than 10 years now. So yes, I have been "caught" by woman's intuition. You've just gotta love women, don't you?

CD Susan
06-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Glenda I think that is just so cool! I wish that I could experience such a thing. She must be just fantastic, what a nice friend to have. I have to say I envy you and hope you continue to build on this friendship.

jenalex
06-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Feelings are hard to explain but I just think it goes beyond 'pior knowledge'. Perhaps the best way to explain it is by comparing it to 'deja vu'. It's happened to me many times throughout my life and the only 'prior knowledge' I'd had of the event was from a prior dream. An example: I spent 1 year in Viet Nam. Deja Vu happened while there at least three times. I swear I'd never been there before and haven't been back.

Perhaps another example is some of the scenes in Phenomenon when John Travolta 'felt' something. Perhaps physical, perhaps intuiton. It was all new to him, not something he could sense from 'prior knowledge'.

I just don't think 'feelings' can be explained by saying it all comes from 'prior knowledge'.

are those feelings "intuition" though?
I dunno, maybe they are
guess there's not much point in arguing about semantics anyway

:love:

Lisa Rose
06-15-2008, 12:04 PM
are those feelings "intuition" though?
I dunno, maybe they are
guess there's not much point in arguing about semantics anyway

:love:

I've been wondering if we haven't got 'intuition' and 'instinct' mixed up or blended. To me instinct does come from our experiences but intuition is more spiritual insight. HMMMMMMMMM? Yes, No?

Sarah...
06-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh dear! Intuition. I've buried mine for years because I was trying to be ultra male for so long. Doing that has caused all sorts of problems in my family life. I've never been busted though. There was one time when a colleague did tell me that he had been ultra-secretly dating another colleague and without hesitation I just said "yes I know". He said that wasn't possible, everyone else was completely taken by surprise. Maybe I'm just a good observer of human activity with a bit of intuition thrown into the mix!!

Well, whichever it was - I love my intuition now and it serves me well!

Sarah...

Dena
06-16-2008, 10:56 PM
I was introduced to a friend of my wife's best friend. She took my hand like a man might take a woman's hand and kissed it.
Yeah, I liked it!

noeleena
06-16-2008, 11:53 PM
hi... Intuition. oh dear can i say. knowing things yet you have no idear or informatiom not even having been told . yet you know . i have been in places with no thought of any thing going on ,. like a pic it was shown to me . how i dealt with it was up to me later. it just puts a responsability on you of getting it right when you give an account of what was going on . & this has happened many times . it has helped me over the years . & as a women more so now in as much because of my involvment with so many people . just a thought ... noeleena....

boy2girl31
06-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Is it intuition or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's famous deductive reasoning ? I took my cousin to a thrift store last last week where I bought a pink cushed velvet jogging suit and told her it was for my niece Amber. Then this weekend at a flea market I saw a red silk dress and my cousin asked upon seeing me look at it " Is that for Amber" and she walked away. Does she know about me ? Probally. Was it her woman's intuition I don't think so. Since am pretty sure she knows I may ask her for advice who knows being found out might be a good thing as long as she is discreet.