PDA

View Full Version : advise please

girlintouch
05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Your COGIATI result value is: 340 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

I just got this and I allways thought that i was to be a woman. I just found out about this test and I shocked in way but in another I know it to be true. I have answerd honestly. Know I would like to know Where I can get more information, Let me know.

Thanks a bunch
girlintouch

Like2BAspen
05-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Right here girl There are so many people here that can help you. If you want to talk pm me The moderators are some of the best people to steer you in the right direction

girlintouch
05-12-2005, 11:24 PM
thanks I thought this would be the right place to be

Tristen Cox
05-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Okay, hope this is useful. Get some more information for self diagnosis. I can recommend the book 'True Selves' which will help define what/who you are a bit better. But also do some web searches and get informed. If you can afford the time and the expense find a therapist to help you get in touch with yourself. Where you want to go with this(?) There are transgender groups you can join for support. There's lots of good information on these threads (however not everything). So if there's a library nearbye start there and find out what it all means. But learn more first before you decide to embark on any unknown journeys. ;)

girlintouch
05-13-2005, 12:30 AM
tristen i have tought about for a long time and I trying to do this right.
1. learn, getting as much information as i can for a good decidision.
2. take little baby step that I hope I have no regrets
3. be happy any way I should go

thanks hon people like you makes me happy to know there are other to lend advice were needed

DonnaT
05-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Most online tests are biased and hardly accurate. If you know in your heart that your were born in the wrong body, then the best place to start is with a good gender therapist.

Julie
05-13-2005, 03:40 PM
I said this in another thread but I think it bears repeating: If you feel you are ready to lose EVERYTHING to become a woman, then you are ready. You most likely won't lose everything, you may not lose anything but if the feeling within is so strong you are ready to lose it all to become a woman then don't let anyone get in your way.

I thought I was ready but found when I started losing family and friends I couldn't stand the pain. I was miserable for a very long time. I'm just now coming back but I still have some people who I will never have that relationship I had before with them again. Mainstream people get very weirded out by a man taking on a female personna. It's against all the rules of our society and you need to be prepared for some very stiff resistance if you choose to go this route.

After all I have been through I wonder if I would have been better off repressing these feelings for the next 20 or so years and just went to my grave with the secret. I don't know if I would have been able to but losing all I have, even though I decided not to transition, has been so painful. This is not something to be taken lightly, no matter how strongly you feel about it. There's never been a day in my life I didn't wish someone would pass a magic wand over me and make me female. But doing it the only way we know how today can be very painful, both physically and mentally.

Rachel_740
06-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Your COGIATI result value is: 340 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

I just got this and I allways thought that i was to be a woman. I just found out about this test and I shocked in way but in another I know it to be true. I have answerd honestly. Know I would like to know Where I can get more information, Let me know.

Thanks a bunch
girlintouch

Girlintouch,

I know I'm dragging up an old thread here, but I've just read it and feel I need to add my comments.

Firstly, forget what ANY of this type of survey says. As I see them they are just done for a bit of fun and I can't see for the life of me that they can be anything close to accurate.

If you feel you are ready to lose EVERYTHING to become a woman, then you are ready.

Secondly, read again what Julie has to say here. Then read it again and again and if you can be 100% sure that the answer is yes EVERY time - and once you've slept on it if the answer is still 100% yes, it may be time for you to look up a gender therapist.

However, remember Julie's later comment:

After all I have been through I wonder if I would have been better off repressing these feelings for the next 20 or so years and just went to my grave with the secret. I don't know if I would have been able to but losing all I have, even though I decided not to transition, has been so painful. This is not something to be taken lightly, no matter how strongly you feel about it. There's never been a day in my life I didn't wish someone would pass a magic wand over me and make me female. But doing it the only way we know how today can be very painful, both physically and mentally.

Anne