PDA

View Full Version : And then he burst my bubble..

pamela_a
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
The other day my wife and I were shopping and running some errands. I was dressed casually in ladies jeans and top, no make up or jewelry. At one place I was cashing in some lotto tickets. The amount ended up more than was available in the till so I had to wait for a bit. There were others waiting in line so the cashier said to the next customer "I can help you while she's waiting". Did I hear that right? Did the casher just refer to me as "she"? Big internal simile.

When she gets back to me we are still waiting for the drop safe. She looks at me and, in that "girl to girl" tone of voice, says "This thing must have been designed by a man. It's slow and hard to work with". Hummmm, maybe I did hear her right the first time. Bigger internal smile.

Clothes shopping (for the wife, not me) completed and we were leaving the store. My wife checked the receipt and discovered we were not charged the correct price for one of the things she had gotten. I take the item and receipt back in to get the price corrected. The girl at the customer service counter was just covering so she wasn't sure exactly how to correct the price. After a couple unsuccessful attempts, the guy for whom she was covering returned. She explained to him that "she" had just bought this but it rang up at a different price and she didn't know how to correct it for "her". Wow. I'm really feeling great now. 2 different GG cashiers referring to me as female. This is great. I'm on top of the world. The guy finishes correcting the price and, as I'm leaving, says "thank you, sir". Oh how I hate reality, but it sure felt great while it lasted.

-Paula-

Donna Michelle
06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
The guy finishes correcting the price and, as I'm leaving, says "thank you, sir". Oh how I hate reality, but it sure felt great while it lasted.

You should have said, "I hear that people who talk to themselves have money in the bank. Is it true?". :D

Glad the girls were so nice to you. Some people can really be party poopers.

RebeccaLynne
06-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Meatloaf said it best, "two out of three ain't bad".

And the one that didn't get it was a guy, so chalk it up to him being oblivious.

And he can't help it.

'Cause he's a guy.:doh:

PheonaP
06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Like most MALE SAs, he's an ASSHOLE. :hugs:

JoAnnDallas
06-10-2008, 03:41 PM
From time to time, I too have been addressed as "Mam" or addressed as "Ladies" when with my wife. I have always felt that mabey our femintiy surfaces and people subconcientistly pick up on it and start addressing us in the female persona without realizing it.

CaptLex
06-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Like most MALE SAs, he's an ASSHOLE. :hugs:
That's a bit judgmental :eek: . . . if I called every SA (male and female) that got my pronouns wrong that, it would be a very long list.

Annesah
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
PheonaP my dear! Hold on! I doubt he's an AH. Probably simply clueless or inexperienced. I've been treated very well by most if not all male SA's. Take heart! Perhaps he was intimating, in a backward sort of way, that he was personally fond of you! We should know, better than most, that nothing is as it seems.

linnea
06-10-2008, 06:34 PM
It fun and flattering to be treated in a way that corresponds to our presentation.
On the few occasions when I have had it happen, I have been delighted.
Lucky you (and two out of three isn't bad).