PDA

View Full Version : A note to my sisters.

Cheryl Anne
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
A note before my post. I have no religious conviction and am not a Christian. I had seen a post about one looking for a church and another about trying to find others in her church. I found a Christian site by accident while looking for other forums for cross dressing. I have been reading it for some time and am just over half way through, (I’m a slow reader) and while reading my heart went out to those who are looking and placing myself in their shoes.

To my sisters that are Christians. I have been reading a thread on a Christian forum that deals with allowing cross dressers to come to their church dressed as women. My heart goes out to you who are searching. I see why you have so many problems finding a place to belong and the more I read of the thread the more I hurt for you. I know that if I were in your place wanting to belong to something near and dear to me it would be such a conflict. Do I keep doing what I do behind closed doors so I can still belong to this group of people or do I just throw caution to the wind and be who I truly am and run the risk of being tossed out after they have talked to me several times.

To also have the burden of sitting in a place where people say you are my brother and friend then hear them talk about a show on the t.v. that talked about cross dressing and have them say it with such disgust that having the thought what if they found me out would be almost unbearable.

So I guess what I am trying to do is give a hug to those who would feel the same. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Cheryl Anne

Carroll
06-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Thats very sweet for you to say that. In my town we have a church that is a welcoming and affirmative church. They turn no one away. I know of several CDs that go there, and we used to have our meetings there.

Emily Ann Brown
06-11-2008, 11:11 AM
As one of those to whom your hug was aimed...thank you very, very much!

I WAS a minister ... my outting ruined that. To now sit beside other believers (in a church that doesn't know about me) and hear such garbage really hurts, considering the only reason I don't go as myself is not to avoid embarrassment for myself and discrimination, but to not disturb others' worship of the God that made me and that I love dearly. Life has it's ironies doesn't it?

Emily Ann

JoAnnDallas
06-11-2008, 12:25 PM
There are churchs that welcome CDers with open arms. A CDer can go to these churchs dressed or not. Do a google on MCC churchs. They are in most large cities. There are at least 2 here in the DFW area.

Some of my Tri-Ess sisters who are pretty much full time CDer's go to the MCC church.

StephanieH
06-11-2008, 12:49 PM
:straightface:]I think Emily Ann's nailed this one. Sorry to hear your being a minister was taken away because of your dressing, but I'm very active with my church, particularly with the youth and the youth band, and I wouldn't dream of dressing at church primarily just for what you've said - I don't want to distract anybody or cause a ruckus when people are supposed to be there to worship and learn.

I agree, many churches (mine included) spew some stuff from the pulpit that makes me cringe, especially harping on the evils of homosexuality and the tired old line that it's a choice and sinful. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Nobody's born gay, it's a choice." Everytime I hear that, I want to shout back, "you weren't born with fried chicken in your mouth, so why are you fat?" Obesity, last time I checked, is one of the seven deadly sins, being gay isn't. Which is worse? I'm still waiting on the "all fat people are going to hell" sermon - don't expect it tho. There are a lot of ladies in my church who weren't born blonde, but they're blonde now... are they destined for hell because they chose to alter their appearance?

Bottom line, Christianity and "religion" are two entirely different things sometimes and the organized church (or churches) keep too many people out because of flawed theological arguments. MY Lord isn't worried about what I'm wearing, He's more concerned with my spirit. I was definitely born this way, it wasn't a "choice" and I know lesbians and gay guys who obviously had little choice in the matter either. I'm not gay, never have been, and just celebrated my 14th anniversary, but it irks me when churches start issuing blanket and ignorant condemnations without knowing what they're talking about. And that seems to be all-too-popular these days.

Take care all and God bless![/SIZE] :D

Christinedreamer
06-11-2008, 12:52 PM
One thing to keep in mind when looking for an accepting church. Any church can refer to itself as "Christian" but the way to judge for yourself if they truly are PRACTICING Christians is how they treat others.

Jesus turned no one away, openly and truly acepted and loved those that society deemed unworthy, and taught to treat others as you would be treated yourself. No condemnations, no exclusion, no conditions.

Don't stop looking for a church home. They are out there and MCC churches are a great place to start.

In Dallas there is a beautiful church called "Cathedral of Hope". It is a traditional style church although it is hard to find- the access to the parking lot is through the parking lot of a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse!

And for those who have been subjected to misinformed diatribes about CDing as a sin, Jesus said not one word about that or homosexuality etc.

Some will quote Deuteronomy as a condemnation of CDing but that is due to a grosss misinterpretation of the original texts and Deuteronomy as quoted also condemns eating shellfish, wearing two different fabrics together and a host of other inane restrictions to the same degree on the "abomination scale"

God only cares about what is in your heart- not what is on your body.

So remember, anyone who professes Christianity yet assails you for being who you are does not understand the defintion or teachings of true Christianity.

Peace in all things,

Christine

Melanie R
06-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Cheryl Anne,

Thanks for your hugs and concern. I do believe that there is a change coming to many churches. Many of the young in the main stream churches are becoming more tolerant and knowledgeable. Most churches and "Christians" have a problem understanding and accepting transgendered persons because they see us as being part of the "homosexual agenda" with a "lifestyle" that is based on choice and not biology. I think people in our church truly love both my wife and myself and many would accept Melanie if they were educated. On June 21 I as Melanie will be on a panel discussing what it means to be transgendered and for me a crossdresser to an affirming church. Before I leave this world I will do the same type of educating at my church. The opportunity will come.

deja true
06-11-2008, 01:59 PM
If I went to church anymore, and if I was ever sitting in it and heard some of the absolute spew that so-called Christian ministers put out to thier "sheep", I hope I would be polite enough to just get up quietly and leave. But I probably wouldn't.

I'd leave with so much noise, you'd hear me in the next county! Jesus didn't ignore the moneychangers who were defiling his fathers house, he whipped their asses out into the street! Racist, sexist, bigotted "shepherds" of all stripes need the same!

No wonder the drooling masses who confirm and practice the kind of Christianity espoused by these money-grubbing, power-hungry charlatans are called "sheep". They're hardly cute little lambs, but the dumbest animals on the planet!

Feh!