PDA

View Full Version : Joining Tri-Ess

cdgarner
06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone.

I recently made my first post/introduction and in it I talked about some issues that I was having. It was suggested that I might try joining a support group. So, I did it. I feel that its a big and positive step for me because the only people that I've had to talk about my issues often didn't understand them. So, if I was having a problem I would have to go through a lengthy discussion of the whats and whys of cross dressing before I could get down to what was actually bothering me.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the help and encouragement and I would also like to continue to get to know you girls and let you get to know me.

Oh, and if anyone is a member of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Tri-Ess chapter, I look forward to meeting you in July. (Ooh, I hope the 1st Saturday is not on the 3rd, that's my anniversary :doh: )

christinac
06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I thought only men forget thier anniversary:D:heehee:

LisaElizabeth
06-11-2008, 03:36 PM
The first Saturday in July 2008 is the 5th! Although you may be doing the Anniversary thing with your wife that night..... It depends on whether you celebrate it on the 3rd or the following weekend!
Lisa E

JoAnnDallas
06-11-2008, 09:04 PM
cdgarner.......Hope to see you at the July meeting. I am a member of the DFW Tri-Ess chapter.

Hugs,

JoAnn

CD Susan
06-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Cdgarner, I too recently joined a Tri-Ess chapter. Two weeks ago I joined the nearest chapter to where I live in Iowa. I am looking forward to attending my first meeting and getting to know the members of this group. I have learned that it can be a lonely way to live if you can't share your cd side with others as I have been doing for a very long time. I am glad to know you have made this decision and would love to hear about your experiences with Tri-Ess.

christinac
06-11-2008, 10:38 PM
What exactly is Tri-Ess? I can honestly say that I've never heard of them. Jacksonville has a local Pride chapter and some gay club, but I haven't heard of Tri-Ess around anywhere.

cdgarner
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
I can't wait Jo-Ann, I'm looking forward to meeting you as well.

CD Susan - We'll have to get together afterward and compare notes. :)

Christanac - From what I've read, its a support group for cross dressers, SOs, and thier families. I did a quick google and the closest one to you is Melbourne, FL, not sure how far away from Jacksonville that is though. I used to live in Orlando, but I didn't ever hear of Melbourne.

sterling12
06-12-2008, 12:15 AM
OH gosh! Since I was the one who suggested that you join a support group, I get credit! Please let National know that Joanie out of Tampa, turned you on to the idea...I know you will not regret your decision, bet you can't wait.

It goes full-circle. Nora out of Las Vegas got me to start a few years back, I can never thank her enough. Now, I feel like I at least had a small part in getting you started. In the future, pass the favor on to someone else.

By the way, for that person in Jacksonville, nearest chapters to you are in Atlanta and probably Orlando. See The National Tri-Ess Site if you need info.

For anyone contemplating "hooking up" with a Tri-Ess Group, my suggestion is to try it for yourself and see what you think. You hear a lot of negative information sometimes; half-truths, falsehoods, well-meaning misinformation. Why not go and see for yourself....that would be the best way to see if it's right for you.

Peace and Love, Joanie

JoAnnDallas
06-12-2008, 08:41 AM
For those looking for more info on Tri-Ess go to http://www.tri-ess.org

Phoebe Reece
06-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Tri-Ess primary focus is on providing support for crossdressers, their SO's, and other family members. While some chapters have some members that are going the full transistion route, Tri-Ess does not really promote that. Each chapter has its own mix of members and activities, so the only way to really know what is going on in your area is to make contact and attend a meeting. If anyone wants to know more about the Atlanta chapter, send me a PM and I will provide info.