PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Stephanie Brooks
05-13-2005, 08:03 AM
I understand why women shop. :cool: Dress 2 is on its way, as are the sandals. The top and other dresses are on backorder. I'll wait.

Fiona K
05-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Nice Stephanie!
You'll look greate in those!

There is nothing much that beats shopping!! Went out last night with my wife - came back with 2 tops, a pair of trousers (pants- sorry!) a skirt and a pair of sandals!! Wonderful!!

Fiona
xx

Sharon
05-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Very nice Steph, I like your choices.
It appears your wardrobe's recovering quickly. :)

ChristineRenee
05-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes...very, very nice Stephanie. You're gonna look great in those!;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

DonnaT
05-13-2005, 11:24 AM
They do look nice Stephanie, but shopping at the mall is more fun than from a catalog. I think you'd like some of the things they have at Coldwater Creek (Tyson's Corner mall).

Sigrid
05-13-2005, 11:31 AM
You've got great taste, Stephanie! I reeeeallllly love the white dress. Was Donna correct... Coldwater Creek?........hmmmmm.... gotta go shopping!

~Sigrid

Stephanie Brooks
05-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

The dresses and top are from Chadwicks:

http://chadwicks.com/

The shoes are from Easy Spirit:

http://www.easyspirit.com/

Donna, I've not gone into Coldwater Creek. Yet. I need to go to Tysons tomorrow at lunch (yes I work Saturdays by choice), and will check it out. I'm a mile up the road from it.

I'll get back to shopping in brick and mortar shops again, but for the moment my two major conflicts are time and wife.

Regarding time, I've had precious little free time lately. Between work, raising the little one, and all of the requisite domestic duties, it's much easier to buy online. The stores are always open, regardless of the time of day. For now, efficiency counts, and shopping online is that.

Regarding my wife, it's just easier buying online at present. It's either that or I don't shop. I'm capitalizing on every positive moment I can, and they've been in short supply of late. My situation is evolving, and will improve one way or another.

DonnaT
05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
I'll probably go there in the late afternoon. My wife wants to do more shopping for Vegas, and I have a woodturners club meeting earlier in the day.

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/home.aspx

Tristen Cox
05-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Very pretty Stephanie/Gal 9000 :p Nice avatar! :cool:

Stephanie Brooks
05-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I'll probably go there in the late afternoon. My wife wants to do more shopping for Vegas, and I have a woodturners club meeting earlier in the day.

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/home.aspx
Very nice selection!

At Tysons I also like going through the dress section in Lord and Taylor. I've bought a couple from there, as has my buddy Blade (GG).

What time do you think you'll be there? Would you want to see if we could meet for a few minutes? My normal Saturday work day is 7:45-6:30, but I've put in a few extra hours so it probably won't be a full day. (I work 2 five hour days and 3 ten hour days, w/ 45 min for lunch on the long days.)

My plans are to break for lunch and go to Lord and Taylor and/or Hechts to get a full slip. I've only a black half slip and camisole, and will need a white/beige slip for the white sun dress. (A woman needs to be properly dressed underneath.) I could probably slide the lunch time a little.

Let me know what you think, and if it sounds good I'll PM you my real name and contact info (cell phone, etc.). If it doesn't work for you, then we can try another time.

Stephanie Brooks
05-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks Tristen!

The avatar matches my mood for today, but - thankfully - it *is* improving.

Wendy me
05-13-2005, 01:04 PM
wow love the frist dress...and the rest of them as well..............shopping is good....

Stephanie Brooks
05-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi Wendy!

Yes I like that one too. Very feminine. Shopping is GOOD!

Shanna GG
05-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I adore dress 2, can I borrow it some time? I will let you raid my closet in return! :p

Stephanie Brooks
05-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I adore dress 2, can I borrow it some time? I will let you raid my closet in return! :p
It's a deal! ^_^