PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about your male side?

Joanna:)
06-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I like being a girl, but I get a lot of fun out of being a guy as well. When I dress up in a suit and tie (Which I don't do often, so I guess it adds to the novelty), it feels similar in some ways to going en femme; the taking on of a different role with different rules and mannerisms. I like my male body and the things it can do, and I like buying and wearing boy-mode clothes as much as CD stuff. I like having the option to play around and explore who I am.

Umm... not sure where I was going with this.

I think what I'm trying to say is this: Do you girls enjoy your male side as much as your female side? Do you mix the two or do they feel seperate? Do you feel happier en femme than when you're en homme, or is it that the option to be en femme makes you happier because it's available as an alternative and as a doorway to the rest of your personality?

My questions could go on, but I'll stop there. Just curious really.

carolinewalker_2000
06-11-2008, 06:19 PM
For me they are two seperate sides to my personality. Like you, I'm happy with my male self, but when I am here I am "all girl" - as I am when I dress.

kayfan
06-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Enjoy my female side more than the male... Have to keep the male side up when round the kids.Only been on here a short time but want to start getting the make up and wigs to look as good as most of you..

SusanMarie
06-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I suppose that some of my personalty could be labeled male and some could be labeled female. But I am just me. Blended fe-male.

Deborah Jane
06-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I enjoy my male side, but i prefer my female side:)

DanaR
06-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I like to dress up more as a girl, than I do as a guy.

kymmieLorain
06-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I feel better while wearing fem but I am OK with being male( for now)

Kymmie

Lisa Rose
06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Luv being fem. I could take or leave the male side. I do like my athletic body but crave being female. Would have luved to been an athletic female.

bobbie_1048
06-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I enjoy my male side, but i prefer my female side:)

I like to dress up more as a girl, than I do as a guy.

Hiya Joanna I deal with my male side for work and such, but I really love MY TIME when I can be enfemme. I try to let my femme side be my guide while in "guy" mode. I feel that I am a much better person for it. :bighug: bobbie

Sinthia
06-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Being male is how I was born, and what I know, so that part will always be a big par of my life, especially with my daughters and granddaughter. But dressing female is my relaxing, mental health time, and I also enjoy, and feel that I need that time. I guess, like most of you, I need both sides. Ain't life grand.

Ellen Ross
06-11-2008, 08:10 PM
I think I have been who I am for most of my life, which is a man that enjoys many feminine things. I have always liked shopping, especially clothes for my wife. I like girl movies, girl jewelry, great hair, make-up, etc. I like women’s tennis much more than I like football. (That dress that Ana Ivanovic wore at the French open, wow - was that hot!) Anyway, for me realizing that I wanted to, and could, participate in these things I liked so much was a real breakthrough. I now act more like the girl I think I wanted to be, or kind of already was. I guess what I am trying to say is this is me, a blend of male and female. I’m not one or the other. I may present my outer looks as male or female. But it is just all me.

Lissa Stevens
06-11-2008, 08:12 PM
As time goes by I hate my guy side more and more.

Kayla Shadows
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I enjoy both sides and they are seperate.I think the female side does make me happier.It may very well serve as a doorway.That escape from the male role and everything that is expected of it.Not for any reason such as a excuse for my actions though.Its much more of expression of personality.Almost as if its the opposite side of your soul that wants a life of its own.A natural duality of one self as the form of some kind of spiritual dichotomy.For some people its less and for some its more.Depends who you are.Its not always easy to get to the root of reason but it time it makes itself known.

I dont claim to know much about why we do this or anything else.Not everything is known in all areas of this transformation we perform and each of its levels.Much is to be learned of this.

"scire te nihil scire vera est sapientia" - Socrates
(the only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing)

SandyR
06-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I think you nailed it for me too. I love the feel of a skirt, hose and heels. But I truley love the feel of a nice suite and tie.

I feel lucky to be able to enjoy a bit of the girly world, but I lean more toward the guy mode.

Hugs

SandyR

Stormgirl
06-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I prefer my male side over my "female" side meaning I am more comfortable as a male than the other side.

TGMarla
06-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Do you feel happier en femme than when you're en homme, or is it that the option to be en femme makes you happier because it's available as an alternative and as a doorway to the rest of your personality? There's something to that statement that resonates with me. But like what Sinthia said, being a guy, and wearing guy clothes, that's what I am; that's how I was born. It has no novelty. I'm sure that part of the reason I pursue feminine emulation is because of the novelty of it. As a guy, I can't (or I'm not supposed to) wear girl clothes. But it's nice to have it as a very enjoyable alternative.

My guy side sometimes seems to me to be a bother. It's something I have to put up with. But at other times, when I'm in full guy-mode, like when I'm playing golf or music, I don't give it any thought. I'm just me. So I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the fact that I'm male. But I try not to let it get in the way of my living a well-balanced, good life.

Charleen
06-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Nope. Only dress like a guy because I must.

CD Susan
06-11-2008, 08:53 PM
The female side of me is more dominate than my male side. I do enjoy being a guy at times but it pales in comparison to my fem side. Every day I think about dressing and feeling as fem as possible and wish that I could do 'my guy things' dressed en femme. I am not into the real macho things that some guys do so I could blend my two sides easily but as we all know that is impossible for some of us. I often fantasize about living 24/7 as a female but then reality sets in and I remind myself of what I really am and I come to the realization that my two sides co-exist well and let it go at that. So I have to put it this way, I put up with being born male but feel I would be happier if I was born female.

jennifer41356
06-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I hate guy clothes and I hate suits:censor: so boring, i cant stand what guys call shorts that they wear, kinda look like over size capri panta:eek:

the only thing I ever liked about being male was my having money as a teen to buy Lp's, anyone remember them?:love:
I am not very tall or masculine looking so women tended not to be very interested in me so its been easier for me to explore my fem side

charlie
06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Wearing a tuxedo is very similar in excitement as wearing my feminine clothes. There is a aura to being dressed up in either case. I can be all dignified man then. In regular drab clothes I always think about girlie clothes and how I walk and sit differently. In girls clothes I am truly trying to be feminine. Short answer, 2 distinct players, constantly being pushed together into one personality....me!

Dakota
06-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm still working on what suits me better. I've just recently accepted the femme side of myself and I can't decide if that part of me is integrated with the male side or if they are two completely different personalities. When I'm femme, I take on different mannerisms, speak with a different inflection in my voice, and think differently than when I'm en homme. I think this is something we all have had to struggle with, deciding if our two gender roles are different personalities or one in the same. I like to think they are integrated but I don't think that's true at this point.

I haven't deeply explored my femme side enough yet to truly decide which I like better but if I had to choose now, I'd say my femme side. I feel more free when I am en femme.

Gail Stauffer
06-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I prefer my girl side more myself as well, I feel better that way, my male side just isn't as strong in my opinion, at this point it's just the other side of me, that I have to live with.

franny
06-11-2008, 09:51 PM
your ok.. baby

Karren H
06-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I like myself no matter how I'm dressed!! :)

Cristi
06-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I've never been good at the 'being a guy' thing. I don't tend to do a lot of guy things. I don't watch sports, I don't fish or hunt, I don't work on my car in the driveway on a Saturday afternoon... I just don't have much in common with most guys I meet, so have a hard time keeping a conversation going.

That isn't to say I do badly as a guy... other than the social aspects, I do pretty well. I don't look half bad in a suit and being a big guy I can hold my own in most physical activities. I must be at least a bit imposing, since more than once I've gotten somebody to 'back down' from an argument by just stepping really close to them and looking DOWN at them. :)

But all in all, I feel better about myself when I am dressed. Even so, I am in what appears to be the minority of people who don't really have a feminine 'persona'. It is still the same old ME when I am dressed, I'm just wearing different clothes.

franny
06-11-2008, 10:06 PM
at the sper of my moment i take how i feel and run. kiss me!

franny
06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
cristi ! I like u.. why? the way u write puts me at pause. I have the nerv..thanks

Joanna:)
06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
at the sper of my moment i take how i feel and run. kiss me!

:koc:

sissystephanie
06-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I always know that I am a man! But a man who really likes to wear feminine clothing!! I like the fit, feel, and look of female clothing.:love: I do like mens clothes, and I definitely like being a man! My Darling GGF likes me to be one too!:love: Although she does know I CD. So I believe I am the true definition of a Crossdresser. One who dresses in the clothing of the oppoaite sex because he(in this case) likes to!!:2c:

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

lisa_e_love
06-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Someone on this thread says that as time goes on they hate their guy side more and more. I think I might fall into this category.

Being a man is always going to be part of me. And I don't think I could ever change that.

But being in a bra, panties, a skirt, etc. really feels right. I feel comfortable. I feel happy about my body and my appearance. To quote a popular Westside Story song, "I feel pretty." And that's something that really feels nice when you're used to being a man. It's such a positive feeling to like the way you look.

While my girl side doesn't exactly have a lot of time to play, it's my wonderful escape from the drudgery of maleness.

Linda C
06-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I like my guy side very much- I get to do what I like when I like. My girl side a hobby right now - with so many restrictions - who knows how much it will progress or regress - all I know is that I am having a blast with it right now. Dressing up is very much a guilty pleasure for me.. :D

franny
06-11-2008, 10:59 PM
somehow i can easy put my male into enfemme, feeling me as i should have. I need a hug tonight from words.

franny
06-11-2008, 11:05 PM
yes ..serenna

franny
06-11-2008, 11:11 PM
wish i was 20 yrs. yonger ..brazil i would be. just dreamin.

franny
06-11-2008, 11:15 PM
your ok.. baby

I like being a girl, but I get a lot of fun out of being a guy as well. When I dress up in a suit and tie (Which I don't do often, so I guess it adds to the novelty), it feels similar in some ways to going en femme; the taking on of a different role with different rules and mannerisms. I like my male body and the things it can do, and I like buying and wearing boy-mode clothes as much as CD stuff. I like having the option to play around and explore who I am.

I think what I'm trying to say is this: Do you girls enjoy your male side as much as your female side? Do you mix the two or do they feel seperate? Do you feel happier en femme than when you're en homme, or is it that the option to be en femme makes you happier because it's available as an alternative and as a doorway to the rest of your personality?

:koc:
:love:

Angela-Russell
06-11-2008, 11:24 PM
I love my girl side when she gets a chance to come out, & hate being a man more & more each day. I think my male wardrobe speaks for itself, 1 pair of shoes, 1 suit, a few shirts & jumpers, 1 pair of trousers, & a few pairs of socks. My female wardrobe however, if I brought it down from the attic, would fill the bedroom from wall to wall.

chaotropic
06-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I do not like being male, though I have yet to "see myself" as a girl while crossdressing, and it doesn't feel natural to exaggerate my femininity. I do not think I will ever be comfortable with my body. I wish I could be a real girl - I don't think all the gender reassignment surgery in the world would make me feel true - but if I could really be a girl I would be tomboyish and not care about my appearance.

has anyone run across such sentiments on this board?

Sarah Doepner
06-11-2008, 11:33 PM
I've spent so many years in my male persona accumulating things, responsibilities, relationships, etc., etc., etc. that it is occasionally overwealming. This is not to say it's all bad, there is just so much to deal with. Sarah hasn't the responsibility or obligations and therefore has the opportunity to be much more focused on, well, Sarah. Again, this isn't meant to be negative or imply I'm more superficial as Sarah. It's just a relief to know the burdens belong to someone else for a while and I can concentrate on being color-coordinated or pretty. I can be open to other types of relationship without the filters that are automatically thrown up by the guy.
I generally enjoy my guy time, but there is so much baggage that it can be like a vacation to leave it behind and relax as Sarah.

Krista M
06-12-2008, 12:38 AM
i can not stand him
hes an a**hole

Sally147
06-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Good question. My male side is good fun for adventure, but when it comes to tidying up.......yyuuk. My male side is a messy slob, and he needs a girl to keep him on his toes. Luckily, I am becoming ready to admit that I have one right here........paint that wall, you've missed a bit. Possibly the best reason there is for me to be TV. You get two in one. Heehee.

LisaSae
06-12-2008, 02:45 AM
I really like both sides of myself. I guess its a yin-yang sort of thing. There's times when I'm male and times when I'm female and based off what I've seen here I guess that's ok to have two aspects of two different genders rolled up into one.

Lisa

Nikki K
06-12-2008, 06:34 AM
OK with Male, but prefer en femme.
"Side" suggests a split personality with two distinct characters. I believe our 'need' to create "sides" is derived from the social stress and lack of acceptance when a gender male has, and chooses to express, a female "side'.
My therapist is suggesting that my those feelings and behaviours, that I associate with my femme side, are in fact "facets" of a single personality. I'm now considering how I can express, experience, and integrate Nikki into my predominantly male life without the need to carve this chasm between the 'characters'.
My SO, whilst we were talking on this subject just yesterday, said that she was shocked when I came out to her because I exhibit no feminine traits; that I'm her man. I was disappointed by this observation since that's not how I felt. However, it also allowed me to bring home another point; that because I've been like this for almost 40 years it is deeply a part of who I am and who she loves even though she didn't actually know anything about it until two weeks ago.
To answer the question though; I'm OK with my male side and all that I'm capable of, however, I prefer the temperament and emotional aspects of my femme side. I'm more caring, compassionate, tolerant, and supportive. All my life I've generally diskliked male oriented activities and rhetoric.
Nikki is a hot, redneck, country girl, who grew up a tom-boy preferring tools to dolls!

Nikki

Darlene Rochelle
06-12-2008, 06:49 AM
I am VERY unhappy with my male side. As times goes on I have realized that my femme self,is my TRUE SELF,and that for most of my life,I have had to put on a front,and suppress my femme side. It makes for a rough life.

Audrey34
06-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Dressing up has helped me to be more comfortable with my male side. I feel like I have the best of both worlds.
-Audrey

Jeannie Bingham
06-12-2008, 07:11 AM
When the occasion dictates I have to be John, I'm ok. But I'm much happier when I'm Jeannie, that's why I've always preferred being her as much as I can.

morgan51
06-12-2008, 07:15 AM
I enjoy both and am learning to incorporate both sides into my daily life. I am a work in progress and forever learning and changing. full fem is more exciting because its less often how I'm presenting. Hope to change this one day. As my body shifts to a more fem presentation so does my mind, it is a slow change though. Morgan

Tomara
06-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi , I too am content with a ballance between my male and female sides of my personality. The male part is the running my business and more serious part .The female part is more for me, the chores around the house , grocery shopping , movies and dining out. But I must say my female side is probably the more dominate side in the ballance at least internally. Because of my business and living in a small town I`m for the most part still house bound. (I live alone so I don`t have to stay in the closet) :hugs: Tomara

christinac
06-12-2008, 08:18 AM

I haven't had the chance yet to really truly and deeply explore my female side. It is something that I'm discovering more and more each day. However, being that I've always had more female than male friends (I'm talking friends and not just acquaintances) I think I will embrace the female side more and more and begin to abandon the male side more and more.

dominique
06-12-2008, 08:24 AM
At this point in my life I hope I've struck a balance between my female and male sides. In my female side I love too explore the boundries of what I can wear and how I look in it. While my male side is a bit more conservative clothes wise. But I feel I've been in touch with my female side for quite a time now and sometimes I've to suppress it coming over me and other people noticing it. Especially when my wife asks for my opinion on what she wants to wear. Knowing what I know and she doesn't.

adelle
06-12-2008, 01:53 PM
:daydreaming:yes what a goog question, i want to to strangle my male side every day. not to be dressed but as a male we make a lot more mistakes. we are hunters and yes thats were the sh$t hits the fan, not saying i would not hunt while in fem? but being male some times harder than being female.

wishonastar
06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Well the question was not hard but the answer might be.

Since a kid I envied girls with their long hair and pretty dresses. They get treated better by the teachers and parents.”I was punished and humiliated in front of the class for talking too much on many occasions, nothing ever happened to the girls that made trouble or did bad in class, just boys!)

So, have for very long felt like I should have breasts I feel empty on my chest, want to feel bouncing. I do not like that thing down there; the bulge is embarrassing even with my wife, I wish it would not be so! I would like an hourglass figure with wide hips and a narrow waist. I would like long hair but would not like to take care of it. I feel I should not have to shave my face and would prefer not to have any body hair from the neck down. I find it “degrading” and aggressive to put something in someone (my wife has always made the first moves, sad), I would much rather be the receiver, (not sure what I can say without being censored), but I am sure everyone will get the point.

I am a very passive somewhat submissive, and non aggressive (will defend myself and family without hesitation with any method though). I would not call myself subordinate because I am independent and rarely like the way those in charge do things. I prefer not to be in control but will go my own way if the one in control is doing it wrong!

I am a vegan because I like animals. I have not met a man that did not eat meat for those reasons, only women.

So now for the contradiction!

I find men unattractive, looking at their hairy bodies does nothing but repel. I find their thing gross. I do not like looking in the mirror or at my body.

I like to look at women and their bodies. I like relationships with women including friends. I feel that if I had lots of girl friends it would be enough, if I changed into a woman over night. But I would not like a lesbian relationship. That idea is just as repealing as a relationship with a man as a woman.

I am really mixed up! I would probably try to be with a man and then after the first time become a Buddhist monk in a monastery!

I suppose that does not answer the question, knew it would be a problem.

But, if I had to quantify my male side and female side I am sure the female side would win. I have been very frustrated and stressed out lately for many reasons. I suspect my fantasies about being a woman and it frustrating because it cannot happen is part of the problem. (I will not get into the reasons for that my age is part of the problem not to mention being broke and having a family). The only female release I have is as a woman in “Second Life”. It taught me that I am a lot more female than I thought, it really comes out, including flirting with men, among other things! So if I did became a woman overnight I no doubt would miss my male and female relationships as a male and with my kids (they need a father), but overall I would be better off, I think.

Boy, am I messed up!

Ideally I would like to be able to change back and forth depending on my mood. I would probably have a day job as a women and go home to my wife as a man, could be a bit of a problem if she had to call me at work though. Or maybe work as a man during the day and have a weekend job as a Hooters girl for extra money, if my wife could handle that!

I wonder how many of you would prefer to be able to change back and forth for real. The problem with this society is that we have to be either male of female. It would be wonderful if we could get all dressed up and go to work once in a while without anyone batting any eye or talking about you behind your back.

I guess to answer the question I would have to say I do not like my male side much, only for relationships with women. Virtually everything else I would prefer to be a woman.

Then again I like being able to get ready fast and not have to deal with hair and makeup and nails. I suppose I would get used to it, but I do not always remember to comb my hair as it is.

I am not all male or all female. But that is one of the problems and why there are CDers and TG that do not have SRS or even reverse the SRS. It is because of the society!

Maybe one of these days CDing will become mainstream and excepted!

PS here are two Suggestive feminization videos, they make me feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0OnEmCu1LY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNTWm6Xsk3c

Emily Anderson
06-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't know what you mean by sides. I'm a whole person and the same person whether I'm dressed as a guy or a girl, with the same thoughts and feelings, only perhaps a little different behaviour due to the attire: for example I don't sit with my legs apart when wearing a skirt :brolleyes:.

Kelli Ann
06-12-2008, 03:53 PM
:drink:Bottom Line Ladies:

Just like the Brad Paisley song says, "Honey, I'm Still A Guy".

I love my male side. I just feel very excited when I am in femme.

I would not want to have the physical complications a woman has like PERIODS, mood swings and a bitchy attitude.

I still love my male characteristics and have no plans to become a woman. I just like dressing up from time to time. Makes me feel sexy.