PDA

View Full Version : Yipee, First counselling dates!!

Felix
06-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi peeps after accepting counselling off my employer which I asked for specifically related to my gender, first appointment the 19th June. I have finally received an appointment off the psychological services for assessment on the 1st of July. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. The form they have sent me to complete seems hardly appropriate to my situation but I will see what I can do with it I guess. xx Felix :hugs:

John
06-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Yay :D well done you!

I had to fill in some really unrelated forms when I had a psych asesment done, I think they just have standard paperwork they need everyone to do.

Kieron Andrew
06-12-2008, 08:08 AM
ive not had any paper work to fill in yet oddly enough

Felix
06-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi guys well these forms are standard but it seems to me they are related more to the depression than the gender issues. I will be making a point of that when I go. I mean yeah there are things that stress me out like binding and my voice and things like that but I am dealing with them. The questions are really specific and I will have to think carefully about them thats for sure. :doh: xx Felix :hugs:

Sonia Kiss
06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Insurance companies are happy to sign off on depression. Let them see the standard stuff. You get to work through the real issues with the therapist.

Sonia :)

Felix
06-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi Sonia this is all a little scary now it is in my face in fact it was so overwhelming I had a sleep this afternoon. It was like all the energy just drained away from me. Probably all the waiting. I'm pleased really just scared now at what lies ahead ya know what I mean? xx Felix :hugs:

Punkster
06-12-2008, 01:34 PM
:thumbsup: :drink: :D

Need I say more?

Flameboy
06-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Congratulations, mate, I know that's a big step for you. I can understand you feeling a bit nervous, but I hope it's a good nervous, if you see what I mean... I'm sure it'll all go well for you - I'll be thinking of ya!

Dave