PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I do wear a lot of makeup!

tamarav
06-12-2008, 10:30 AM
I was working on a client yesterday when a client in the next chair to mine looked over and said "You sure do wear a lot of makeup!" (Picture attached is how I looked yesterday)

I laughed and told her "Yes, but if I don't I look just like a guy..." She went quiet for about a minute while my client almost choked on her latte. There was dead silence in the entire salon for about a full minute, a very rare occurance. Then one of the other stylists said, "She just looks hot because she can, look at the rest of us plain Janes" (whatever that meant)

After I had finished my client, this woman walked over to me and quietly asked if I had time for a makeup lesson, she had never worn much and wanted to look better. (She was about 30 and very attractive, but not too self-assured) After her stylist finished with her, we went into my makeup/wig/permanent makeup, consultation room and did a nice "street" look on her. She was stunning and felt very feminine.

She appologized for her brash comment, she had not seen much makeup here in our red-neck corner of the world.

It is funny sometimes hearing GGs want to look better like that and having a CD do their makeup. Kinda wierd when you really think about it. But then, that is what the beauty industry is all about,making the wierd the norm.

Would you get a makeover from a CD? Or would you prefer a GG to show you how to do it?

Your sis,

Tami

Lisa Rose
06-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Would you get a makeover from a CD? Or would you prefer a GG to show you how to do it?

I would luv to get lessons from you. Perhaps the next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

Emma England
06-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I would never thought a gg saying to someone that they are wearing too much makeup!

Never met a cd in a salon, so I would always get treated by a gg anyway.

Franki Kate
06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Tami, if I lived much closer than the Salem, Oregon area, I would be in your shop at least once a month for lessons and going on the town. I have had a couple make-overs by a professional in Portland and she has done a fantastic job for what she had to work with, but to have a professional like yourself and my same gender would be an absolutely marvelous leearning experience. Thank you so much for being a fine example and helping many of us learn about our special needs.

VirginiaX23
06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
]

All things considered, it depends on the GG. My wife just about never wears any makeup and when she does, it is very light. I talk to her about it for me and she always reverts to theatrical makeup speak (which, as a Drama teacher, I am somewhat familiar with).

Really, I'd rather talk to an experienced CD about it because she is going to have a better idea of how to apply it to best create the illusion of femininity rather than just highlight what is already there.

rickie121x
06-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Makeover from a GG or CD? Well, first... a GG would never likely be able to really understand how do the major beard cover and really heavy shading that many of us need to do to literally "disguise" our facial structure to appear more feminine. So it's a CD for that job. On the other hand, the subtle coloring that makes one's warmth come thru... pick a GG every time! And the details of the eye! GG's win for sure on that, and how to do hair - well that has to be a gay guy. Hey, that's abbreviated GG too. Hmmmmm.

Rickie:daydreaming:

renee k
06-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi Tami,
To answer your question, I would rather have you, or someone that has worked with CD's,do my makeup. It's been my experience that gals that have not worked with us. Don't do a very good job, they know how to match colors but they don't how to down play male features and emphasize your femme features. I've run into male SA's at MAC counters that do a great job with makeup. One of one's that did me had a back ground in female impersonation, and seemed to add alittle flare into my day time look without going overboard. The GG MAC SA, I've been going to,did a great evening look for me a while back. One thing I did find out about MAC SA's they attend workshops and are required to do makeup designs monthly.

Huggs, Renee

Tamara Croft
06-12-2008, 11:23 AM
You can do my make up anytime sweetie ;) as long as I get to do yours :tongueout (I'm also a Beauty Therapist) :D

Emma England
06-12-2008, 11:38 AM
You can do my make up anytime sweetie ;) as long as I get to do yours :tongueout (I'm also a Beauty Therapist) :D

If you are a beauty therapist, you could do all the members makeup on here (or at least mine anyway!)

Karren H
06-12-2008, 12:25 PM
That's a hoot, Tami!! Lol. You know and I know that makeup artistry is genderless.. It just a lot of women don't know that! I still find it amazing that I'm over on makeuptalk giving advise to young girls and mu newbies alike about which eye liner is best or what mascara is good for volume and length... Even... how to curl your eye lashes with a spoon! Lol

Dalece
06-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Good Grief Tami, What the heck does she want I think you look great as you are. I've seen some GGs that take there make up off in layers with hammer and chisel. LOL

JoAnnDallas
06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I have yet to have a pro makeup session. The closest was my wife helped me with my makeup for the Banquet last Saturday.
If I was in your city, I would defiently have you do mine sis. Having looked at your pictures here and on your website, your tight up there with the best.
There are a couple other CD that I would trust besides you.

MJ
06-12-2008, 02:18 PM

Now That i would like to see ..

now having a CD do my makeup is fine . gg's can also do a great job well some can . i don't mind at all .
Even our very own sher gave me some great tips last time i was in k-town

SherriePall
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I have had four make-overs -- all by GG's. The last one was back in March of this year by a lady who worked in the theater in New York. She worked with and socialized with the likes of Candy Darling (of Andy Warhol fame) and Divine. I got a wonderful make-over by her.
However, that said, I would welcome having a make-over by someone like yourself. You always look so lovely.
Did that client realize that you were a CDer or was she told? Or did she leave having no idea?

Fab Karen
06-12-2008, 04:47 PM
client almost choked on her latte. Sounds like she's aware of you.:heehee:
A GG has to have experience transforming a male face- just having make-up knowledge isn't the same. I guess an analogy I'd make might be doing an artistic painting on a brick wall ( takes more work ).

tamarav
06-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Karren, your tips on makeup are great and you provide great information to those that ask and need it. Keep it up, so to speak... but curling your eyelashes with a spoon??? You nut!

I don't attempt to hide my CD-ness at work at all. In fact I have an article that was published in the local newspaper "Crossdressing cosmetologist joins local salon" laying about in the waiting area and a number of other things that indicate that I am a CD. I don't want anyone to suddenly have a cow that a CD was working on them, but honestly, 99.9% really don't care as long as you do a good job. Heck, at least they have something to talk about and have "one up" on their neighbors.

However, now and then I have someone who doesn't have a clue and I just do my work and go on. The GGs I work with no longer even consider my gender, I am "she" to everyone and thats the way I love it. Besides, when you go to a hair salon you generally expect people just out on the edge of the beauty industry, wierd hair, strange body addornments, you get the picture. So when they encounter me, they just check it off on their mental list and say to themselves, "Yup, saw a CD today".

It is funny that I am the one that all the bridal parties go to to have their makeup and hair done. The other "girls" in the salon just don't bother looking really good all the time, please pass the donuts.....

Your sis,

Tami

Rachel Morley
06-12-2008, 08:04 PM
H Tami,

I always think your makeup looks awesome and you have a great body too.

If you don't mind can I ask a personal question? In the pic in the 1st post, was it really cold that day or is this your forms? .... and if it is/was, where you say"(Picture attached is how I looked yesterday)" were you like this at work too? Just curious :)

JoAnnDallas
06-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Rachel......I noticed that too, but was going to be polite and not say anything. :devil: :lol:

TxKimberly
06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Best makeover I ever had was from a TG here in Austin - Jon Davis (AKA Beth).
I don't think it had as much to do with the fact that she is TG as the fact that she has a lot more experience in dealing with what it takes to make over a male - a concept I see others have also stated here.
You handled the comment well - better than I do thats for sure. Last time I was in Beth's salon getting my wig done, she had a GG client in the shop. After the GG left Beth told me that the GG had told her to have a talk with me about makeup because she could see that I was wearing very heavy foundation. Beth told her that a lot of make up over a beard shadow is a whole lot better than not enough. This is of course how I feel about it too, but none the less, the comment shot my confidence and attitude all to hell the rest of the evening.

erickka
06-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Tami, In response to your question, Yes, if Yoy were the CD doing my makeup. You always look awesome!