PDA

View Full Version : A Bad Hair Cut

Tomara
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Everyone , Yesterday I went to my female barber I have been going to for about 25 years . While she was cutting my hair she said she had a funny story to tell me , she said that in the morning this guy with long hair walked in and wanted to know if they did hair and makeup and he had a dress on!!!!! Her and the other girls all started laughing at this poor soul and told him that they didn`t do that here. He then left the salon probably crying. My heart sunk in my chest when I heard this and I wondered if they would treat me the same way if they knew I had a bra and panties on under my work uniform ? It is really very sad when people judge someone they dont even know . Will we ever be accepted for who we are ? Let`s all pray that we will. :hugs: Tomara

Talon DeRojo
06-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Amen

christinac
06-13-2008, 01:57 PM
I think as more and more of us come out and become more and more public; stuff like that will drift away into a thing of the past.

It wasn't that long ago when a gay couple could go to jail for being out in public and people would not give them service in most restaurants and etc. Over time the public attitude changed as more and more gay couples came out into public and the public attitude grew more and more accepting of homosexuality and gay couples.

I truely believe that the same will happen for us.

tabitha_az
06-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Well do be honest...I am not suprised. I would have checked things out. i have happened to find a stylist who i told that i have a femme side. She loved it, but i sorta hinted with questions before i blurted it out. She Loves curling my hair, she has confided to me some of her secrets.

CaptLex
06-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Over time the public attitude changed as more and more gay couples came out into public and the public attitude grew more and more accepting of homosexuality and gay couples.

I truely believe that the same will happen for us.
But public attitudes don't change on their own - they have to be challenged at least.

I would have told those at the salon that they were stupid for refusing that service because some other place will make the money they're turning away. In other words, I wouldn't have appealed to their sense of equality 'cause that probably wouldn't have worked, but I would have tried to appeal to their interest in the almighty dollar (or pound or whatever currency works there).

Nikki A.
06-13-2008, 06:06 PM
I too would have first spoke to the stylist before I came over or at least got to know her first before I walked in. My stylist has cut my hair for a long time and she knew me first before I confided in her. She's did my make-up last Halloween (her first guy) and has said that anything is cool with her. If I have time next weekend before the wedding I'll have her give me a manicure and a pedicure. It all depends on how you approach people sometimes. It seems that for a beautician it would be a challenge to see how good she could make him look.

JenniferR771
06-13-2008, 10:15 PM
I found my salon girl by asking at several salons for a "Halloween" makeover. Got referred to very small one-girl shop. Of course I told her, and now i have been going there for haircuts for years--she always treats me nice. Now I have met her husband. We sometimes get into conversations about cd with her other customers.