PDA

View Full Version : Seperate

Stephenie
05-13-2005, 12:41 PM
How Seperate are your two sides? Do you see yourself as one person with two side or two people with one body?

AS I have just resently come to terms with myself on my desire to dress and that it is not sometime that is going to go away, I have started to think more about the otherside of me that I have been hide and hiding from all my life. I can picture this woman curled up on a couch with her legs tuck up in a dark grey mid-lenght skirt and little colored satin blouse. She has medium length dark hair and is reading a book. This how I see my female side. But I don't feel that she is seperate from me but, she is me the same me that is dressed in a shirt and tie at work. We are the same person but see thing differently and feel things differently. I have keeped her at home and away from everyone but she has seen me at all I do and is now starting to share her feelings and ti seems that we have more of a two way connection then before. I can see in myself that I am thinking and feeling more complete. I am wondering if the real me (both halves) will be a better person and friend.

Stephenie

DonnaT
05-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm just one person. I may dress different at times, but it is still me.

Wendy me
05-13-2005, 12:58 PM
well i have a "him" side and a wendy side for shure.. and we defenly have our how you might say problems the longer i can keep "him" in the closet the better we are....

Ariel_TV
05-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I also feel like one person , both my sides are in harmony with each other . I dont feel any conflict because they are both part of who i am .

Natalie x
05-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Stephenie, that is a brilliant question, and i think you will get all kinds of answers. I am two people sharing one body, but the stronger of the two is my female side, despite the fact that i've been ignoring her for sixty years. I am only just starting on my CD adventure, but Natalie has already taken over from Garry. Every thought is now female driven, even whilst i am pretending to be the person that people have known me as all this time.

Let's see how far this thread takes us all ;)

Elysia
05-13-2005, 03:05 PM
This is a great question. Elysia has become a more integrated part of my personality because I have let her express more. When I kept her very suppressed there was a much more distinct difference between my male persona and my female one; both being rather exaggerated. I know I’m one multifaceted person but I have found it useful for consciously understanding myself to think in terms of two separate sides, one male and one female. They both need opportunities to express themselves. I definitely believe I’m a better person in general because I have allowed the side of my personality represented by Elysia more power in the balance.

Tristen Cox
05-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Mind of an ape, heart of a woman :p

Cissy Suzie
05-13-2005, 09:10 PM
I am part Native American on both sides of my ancestory.

Historically there was, at least in some bands of Natives, a third gender embodying two spirits, one male, one female.

Male children who displayed an interest in traditional female roles or whatever were given male and female items to play with and if they chose to play with female things they were allowed to grow up to live as women. They were considered mystical, even sacred beings, even shamans, and were highly desirable as brides by chiefs and warriors.

Of course it was a polygymous society, so the two spirit bride not only was a wife, but at the same time she was accepted by the other wives as a sister, just another girl.

I do think those of us who feel that eerie almost two person feeling related to our crossdressing must be one of those two spirit people.

We have a long long list of sisters who went before us. Honor them as they surely would honor us. :)

Monique_Lynn
05-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Cissy Suzie is right on, The Native American Culture not only accepted "two spirited" people, they were highly regarded and had important roles in their society.

For me I am definately "two spirited" , Ginger has been a part of me for as long as I can remember. To deny her existance ( as todays society would want ) makes me sad.

Fortunately I am lucky to have an SO who not only accepts and understands Gingers ever existing presence, but also enjoys her companionship. Crossdressing just gives Ginger a physical form.

Kimberly
05-15-2005, 08:33 AM
I am me... but I'm just more feminine than the majority of guys, and CDing is what lets me express it - even if I do just do it privatly.

It's not like, a 2 sided-ness... more of a masculine, a feminine, and I'm both at the same time! Just my femininity is bigger :p

Stephenie
05-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Elysia,
I understand about the exaggerated part. Either tofar one way or the other. Trying to find the middle. It's hard to discribe to someone who has not experienced the feelings and those who have don't need the explaining. I know my SO cann't get a grasp on it yet and not sure if she can or even wants to. But knowing that I'm not alone helps me greatly.

Thanks

mand
05-16-2005, 10:54 AM
There is only one side to me............ Amanda Jane.
I used to put the the act on of being a man but thats all it was an act. I still struggle with the male physical features of my body but life has been a lot easier since I accepted that I am female in mind and soul.

love mand xxx

Mira
05-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Interesting question. For years I wondered if there really were two sides. But, I'd have to say there is just one. In an ideal world I could go to work in my dockers with strappy sandals showing off my hosed feet with painted toes. Joining the forums has made me choose a feminine name. Not so much in I felt forced, but it was something I always wanted to do but was reluctant. I'm just me and love every inch of being a man with all the softness, caring and sex appeal of a woman.