PDA

View Full Version : Possible correlation between cross-dressing and excess estrogen?

foxyblair
06-30-2004, 04:58 AM
Or maybee were sittin here gettin high off this site, like a bunch off addicts.

Dallas
07-07-2004, 11:32 AM
you have described me pretty well too. but from the pictures I've seen on the web at different sites I think we must be the exception rather than the rule. But don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna pass given more than a casual glance either, and maybe not then.

Shy Charlotte
07-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Hiya Blair and Dallas,

I think I read in a psychology journal once that in order for a guy to become a CD, one has to have the right balance of estrogen, and the right emotional triggers at the right time. I think in our early developmental stage we grow up with more estrogen than the average male does.

However, in the end what kind of exercise or work we do I think has a large effect on our body types. Growing up I had thin arms and a thin neck, but rather long, muscular legs. Unfortunately after years of working as a security guard (tackling), EMT (lifting), and a student (drinking beer) I've kind of gotten more average male proportions. Even with female athletes or workers, the kind of work they do dictates the body type the have. If you look at olympic female swimmers, they seem to have narrower hips and broader shoulders than someone in, say figure skating. So I guess no matter how much estrogen or testosterone we start out with, we can ultimately affect body type.

As far as why we keep doing it? For some they just feel more natural as women, others feel a sexual charge, especially when first starting out. I think for this latter category, and those with a healthy libido, it'd be the testosterone working, not the estrogen. Even GG's have some level of testosterone, and this affects their libido. Ever notice that men that go on hormone therapy say that they're a little less horny after starting the therapy? Hmm, I'd have to say that perhaps high estrogen starts us out, but ultimately what we do affects who we are?

Just a thought,
Shy 1

Dallas
07-07-2004, 01:41 PM
well I guess if you must have an explanation, that is as good as any.

Julie
07-07-2004, 01:41 PM
That doesn't fit me at all. I had no feminization at puberty whatsoever. I have broad shoulders, small waist and hips, no breast tissue and more than I ever wanted in body hair.

I think it's just part of our personalities. Why does anybody do what they do? Because that's who we are. Our personalities are part who we were at birth. Things like shyness show up at the earliest ages long before it can be learned. I think it's the same way with being TS, TG or CD.

There may be some men who have excess estrogen and it causes them to think more like a woman but I'd venture to say they are in the minority.

Dallas
07-07-2004, 01:43 PM
but then again,.....

diane
07-07-2004, 08:22 PM
If I could think like a woman I could understand them a lot better ... guess I don't qualify on this one!

And I'm not interested in hormone therapy or in any way changing my male body into a female body. I just like dressing up.

As I've said many times that is just me. I applaud you for whatever it is that you want to do. If TS is your goal then by all means go for it with my total support!

Shy Charlotte
07-08-2004, 04:04 AM
I think what I wrote earlier could easily be misinterpereted. Just like there are happy people, sad people, thin people, fat people, people that wear hats, etc. there is the same variation in the CD community.

I think that estrogen plays a role in being a CD, but is not the only role, and I don't know if it could even be considered excessive amounts of estrogen. Look at women that go through menopause... sure they get grumpier, but they don't start going to gay pride rallies. It's a question of nature vs. nurture, and I think researchers believe it's a little bit of both.

You could have normal levels of every hormone, and if the environment is of the right type then perhaps your CD switch could turn on (how many of you MtF CD's out there were raised more by mothers and female family members?) Likewise, if you have less female contact growing up, but still have higher levels of estrogen, that can also perhaps lead to crossdressing and also some secondary female features. And you can imagine what would happen if you had both.

I dunno, I'm not a shrink and I'm just mentioning something I read. The truth is there's alot of theories which means nobody knows :confused: .

Hope I'm not making things more confusing,
The Shy One, PhD