PDA

View Full Version : been think now i want to act

rayter
06-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I have always loved the thought of wearing womans sexy clothes but never had, I want o take the step and need help and ideas

Karren H
06-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Well just walk your self over to the nearest department store and get your VISA card out and buy some!! Its just that easy... Lingerie!! Get some heels and a couple cute dresses... Skirts and tops... Try them all on in the store before you purchase them and that's about it!!!

sissystephanie
06-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Well just walk your self over to the nearest department store and get your VISA card out and buy some!! Its just that easy... Lingerie!! Get some heels and a couple cute dresses... Skirts and tops... Try them all on in the store before you purchase them and that's about it!!!

Karren pretty well says it all. You have to have the clothes in order to wear them, and a lot of the fun is in the buying. If the department store prices are too rich for you, try a thrift shop like Goodwill or St. Vincent DePaul.

Karren, love that hair! It really fits you!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

LindaMarie
06-14-2008, 10:12 AM
As is so often the case, I agree with my esteemed colleague Karren Hutton.

Seriously, it's difficult to take that first step, but so worth it. For one thing, men buy clothing gifts for their wives and girlfriends all the time so the salesperson probably won't think anything about it. Even if he / she does, nothing bad will happen.

Still, I know those first few purchases can be difficult. It might help to shop a distance away from where you live or work. The sense of anonymity this gives you will help you make those purchases.

Many of the girls here try on clothes or shoes at the store. I'm not that brave. Not yet, any way :) But I'm not afraid to return something if it doesn't fit or I don't like it when I get home. And I've returned enough of my wife's purchases over the years that I'm far past any embarrassment about returning ladies clothes or shoes.

The best things to remember are:

1) People usually won't notice if you buy women's clothes for yourself
2) If they do notice (and that's pretty rare, people are pretty wrapped up in their own lives), they probably won't care
3) If they care, so what? Unless it's someone you know or care about, you'll probably never see them again.
4) It's FUN.

It's difficult to make those first steps but my guess is once you do, your biggest problem will be finding a place to put all your purchases :)

And, with this forum, you can tell us all how you're doing. And everyone here will be very supportive and cheer for you as you become more comfortable with your purchases.

Good luck!

AliciaWeb
06-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Good advice from the girls. I would add that it helps to get a tape measure out and determine your sizes before you shop, this will save a lot of time and returns.

Mollyanne
06-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi there, If it were as easy as Karen has said there wouldn't be any problems right???? Well for starters, womens shoes tend to run a little narrow and the rule of thumb is what ever your male size is add 2 sizes to that for the female shoe, bra size is a measurement around your chest ,just under your shoulder blades and also under your pecs(boobs), then the cup size this can be whatever you want but remember the size "should" be applicable to your build, & there are different style of bras also. this is just a small sample of sizes and styles. E-mail me for more info if you want.

:love: Mollyanne

Sinthia
06-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi there, If it were as easy as Karen has said there wouldn't be any problems right???? Well for starters, womens shoes tend to run a little narrow and the rule of thumb is what ever your male size is add 2 sizes to that for the female shoe, bra size is a measurement around your chest ,just under your shoulder blades and also under your pecs(boobs), then the cup size this can be whatever you want but remember the size "should" be applicable to your build, & there are different style of bras also. this is just a small sample of sizes and styles. E-mail me for more info if you want.

:love: Mollyanne

Those are just reasons to avoid going out mainstream. Karen is deffinitely right. Just DO IT. Walk down to the donut shop and get a snack. The sky will not hit you on the head. Go to the bank, the gas station, the market. You will get way more smiles than bad looks. I am speaking from experience. Life is too short to keep yourself hidden from view when that is not what you want to do. Walking around in public in a dress or skirt is not flaunting your desires. It is using your rights to do as you wish, so just go out and do it.

docrobbysherry
06-14-2008, 12:26 PM
going out dressed is another! U must decide WHY u want to dress.

If u just want to start out seeing how u look dressed, there r exellent suggestions listed above. Also, look around on line for wigs, breast forms, etc. According to your budget. I get away with $10 Halloween wigs, etc. in a lot of my pics. But, I could NEVER go out dressed that way, without being arrested for some sort crime of undecency!

Before u go out dressed, if that's your goal, perfect your look in private first. That ALSO means u can play around with any look, lady's items, or whatever other CD idea you imagine mite be "fun" to try!

Some people take CDing very seriously, but I'm with Karen, I think it should be fun!

icequeen
06-14-2008, 02:57 PM
just take yourself over to victorias secret...or fredericks, get yourself some sexy lingerie and thigh highs...then go buy yourself a sexy dress and heels or something. it will make you feel amazing.

dee-liscious
06-15-2008, 10:22 AM
totally agree...
Take it in small steps. Treat yourself to some nice lingerie and nylons. Thoroughly recommend buying heels also, it completes the look and feel.
If your still enjoying it go buy a dress/skirt/blouse.
By now you'll be hooked!

Go enjoy!
xx

Jae
06-15-2008, 11:34 AM
I wish it was as easy as all of you above have stated. Not every one can get over their fear and a girl needs a lot of advice if they have never done it before. I have taken the route of going to a brilliant Dressing Service and I will be using it to help me. As well obtaining all the gear, make up and wigs the beginner also needs help in deportment etc etc. I know all of the above costs, but it is the way ahead for me.

Nicki B
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I think the person starting the thread was only talking about wearing the clothes, not going out?

As has been said, take small steps, practice your look, your make up, your movement and build up your confidence? Practice will do this - then go out with friends when you are ready..

Jae, which dressing service are you using? Sophie's, in Bath, or the new one, in Swindon? :)

AmandaM
06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Go to a place like Walmart, grab some birthday cards for a girl, grab some clothes, roll of wrapping paper, and walk to the register!

jennifer41356
06-15-2008, 09:51 PM

:iagree::werd:

CD Susan
06-16-2008, 06:47 PM
I agree with everything that has been posted before me. If you are shy about buying things or are on a budget go to Goodwill or any other second hand store. Take a small tape measure with you and use the dressing room if you are comfortable doing so. The people that work in these places have seen it all before and do not care about what you are buying. You can get some fantastic buys at these places. If you are really lucky you will be there when they are having a 'bag sale'. This means you can fill a large brown paper bag with anything you want for a very low price, usually only a few dollars. I have done this many times over the years and it is a great way to get your wardrobe off to a good start. Good luck and enjoy!

Ellen Ross
06-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I have found many good deals at Goodwill, and it was a great place to start shopping for clothes. You are out shopping, but not at the mall. You can try on clothes easily. One Goodwill I frequent has only 1 changing room area. My trips to Goodwill, and other second hand stores, made me much more comfortable with myself. I will now go to the mall, or Macy's, or Nordstrom's and choose something to try on and then try it on. Playing with the big girls is way fun,but the trips to Goodwill really gave me more than clothes to wear.

Good luck on your journey!

Ellen

noeleena
06-17-2008, 01:25 AM
hi.... hey its neat going shoping ....well not for the first time opoos oh dear he he . after that first time people do not see you. like ...you think they do ... i used to go as a male then i would tell them i was a transfemale . well that opened up doors for me right there . after that i said i will come in on femm he he was umm yea well you know. i got over that. so from then on its been easy . now . i am dressed all the time yea... noeleena...

Janet Bern
06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
For the first time and getting the sizes right I would suggest second hand shops like Goodwill, Salvation Army shops. You can try on what you want (even bras) so you get an idea of what size you are too. Take home what you like and then you can go to Marshalls or Fashion bug and get new things that you can try on and will fit you nicely. Have fun and dont be nervous aobut being a man and trying on womans clothes. Everyone that works in womans shops probably sees it everyday. You are no exception.
good Luck
Janet

DonnaT
06-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I suggest not doing it ,if you never have before.