PDA

View Full Version : 24/7...Ever thought about it?

Deborah Jane
06-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Hiya...Has anyone ever thought about going 24/7 at some time in the future if their circumstances change?
Personally, i would seriously consider it if things felt right, even if only for a few months, just to see how it felt.
How about you?

deja true
06-14-2008, 03:18 PM
After 4 days of 24/7 in Chicago, I think about it more and more.

It was pleasant and scary and exciting and just felt......right!

More work than just throwing on a shirt and jeans every morning, but that was the pleasurable part that made the rest of the day even better. A kind of ritual that helped me focus on me, rather than the boring dross that normally fills the time just after caffeine.

I realize that that daily ritual might become tedious or worse, resented, after a while, but still......I think the experience may be in my future....

Marissa Mae
06-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I can't imagine going 24/7, there is just simply no way it could happen :( my job wouldn't permit, my friends don't know, my gf definitely wouldn't go along. Of course, in a perfect world there is no question that I would do it!!! Lets say right now that I could, I would be so far behind: I don't have enough clothes, I have no make up, no practice being a woman... lots of work, but they always say the "joy is in the journey"!

VirginiaX23
06-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Thought about it? Sure. Ever actually do it? Not a chance. With a wife and young children to support in a career that is not really too friendly towards TG folk...and with a wife whom I love who loves me as her husband even though she acknowledges that I am her wife most of the time, I'm not really in a place to be Virginia all the time. I take my moments when I can get them and am not unhappy about that. Sometimes my wife and kids need a husband and father and I love that role as much as anything else I do.

renee k
06-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Thought about it? Sure. Ever actually do it? Not a chance. With a wife and young children to support in a career that is not really too friendly towards TG folk...and with a wife whom I love who loves me as her husband even though she acknowledges that I am her wife most of the time, I'm not really in a place to be Virginia all the time. I take my moments when I can get them and am not unhappy about that. Sometimes my wife and kids need a husband and father and I love that role as much as anything else I do.

I agree with Virginia's take on it. I'd like to do it 24/7 but career and family come first. Although I do enjoy getting away for a few days or a weekend as Renee.

Huggs,
Renee

TGMarla
06-14-2008, 04:25 PM
It's only a pipe dream for me, dear. It's only a fantasy. It'll never happen for me, I think. That's the thing about fantasies, Deb, like your "Waking up as a woman" thread. They're very fun to think about, especially if they aren't likely to happen. Actually going 24/7 would prove to be very difficult, I think. Major props to those who actually did it, or are currently doing it.

Bilinda
06-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I have to say I would not want to. I CD for the fun of it, not because I really want to be a female all the time. You have to admit it takes a lot more time and effort to get all made up, dressed up and so on.

Doing it all the time seems like,,,, work!!

VirginiaX23
06-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Doing it all the time seems like,,,, work!!

LOL! I was just commenting to my wife yesterday as she helped me remove the hair from my back that I wonder if it is worth it to go through this ritual of epilating my whole body every week or so. She, of course, told me that I didn't have to and while she finds it amusing to inflict pain on me with that little torture device, she would gladly not do it. Being a woman who takes care to look her best all the time is a lot of work and, unfortunately, for us, we have to do more work than a well kept woman just to look kind of like a woman. IMHO, the only reason to do this 24/7/365 is if you are a TS. That is my opinion, of course, and I am sure others would disagree with me on that score.

Paula Rae
06-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey Deborah,

I've been 24/7 for more than a year now and wouldn't consider living any other way.
At times it is a little difficult but the whole it's a great way of life.

Paula Rae

_Sarah_
06-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I would seriously consider it if homelife was totally different.
but once i get out of this place..then maybe.

veroncia57
06-14-2008, 05:38 PM
I have always said "If anything ever happens to my 'SO', that I would move to Montana, Wyoming, N. Dakota, or maybe even Cananda (hope I spelled everything correctly).
I would live where there was very very few people and then I could live the way I want to live.
In the winter time I would wear Pantyhose and fur coats and in the summertime I would wear panties and sunny dresses.
And if I wanted to wear drab I could do that also. (NOT)

Stephanie-L
06-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Yes, I would go 24/7 if I was able, in fact I have thought about changing my home situation so that I can do so. Unfortunatley it is not an option right now, but possibly in a few years.....Stephanie

christinac
06-14-2008, 05:47 PM
If I can ever get back on my feet again and in a place of my own or I get started over fresh in a new city, I would not think twice about going 24-7. I want so bad to go 24-7 that it is down right depressing at times because my situation will not allow it.

Tomara
06-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi Deborah , Yes , I would like to try to live 24/7 as a female to see what it would be like , but I do like my male side and my guess would be that I would want to part time . Tomara

Leasa Wells
06-14-2008, 06:50 PM
When i was younger i wished so hard that i could, as time went by it was unrealistic position to take. I now pray if there is reincarnation i come back as a women making myself whole again.

Karren H
06-14-2008, 07:05 PM
I've done 24/7 for 2 or 3 days and it's fun.... But still..... I'm having fun in both genders... so why limit myself to just one? lol And being a girl 24/7 is damn hard work and me being lazy... love to slip back into my slobby male form.... :)

flatlander_48
06-14-2008, 07:16 PM
I've done 24/7 for 2 or 3 days and it's fun.... But still..... I'm having fun in both genders... so why limit myself to just one? lol And being a girl 24/7 is damn hard work and me being lazy... love to slip back into my slobby male form....

Well, there is the concept of slobby FEmale form...

Sandra
06-14-2008, 07:29 PM
You know with a lot of thought and support you can go 24/7.

My SO did about 4 years ago now, yes it was scary at first for both of us but now it's just "run of the mill". Work has been know problem, she works in the caring sector been there just over a year.

Sherry-Stephanie
06-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I've thought about that and i think since I'm new to this and realizing quickly there's a lot more to getting the femme look down for us....that doing it 24/7 would quickly turn into work rather than a fun thing for us at this point.

Sinthia
06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I also agree with Virginia . . . I would not want to give up the memories of my life that I have. As much as I enjoy wearing dresses and skirts, my two daughters, and the fun times we have and are having far out weigh the thrill of putting on a dress. But being divorced gives me more time to indulge my passion when I want to.

MJ
06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
i am 24 / 7 and well i have not had any surgery and i love woman so yes it can be done . it's not easy but there are accepting people out there and i hate labels call me what you like but in the end if i get naked I'm still a boy

Angie G
06-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I have often thought of it but it can't happen anytime I can for see If the time ever comes I'd love to try it. I did dress last November for 4 days straight :hugs:
Angie

Celeste
06-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm certain that 24-7 would remove several of the things I really enjoy about it to begin with.First would be the spontaneity of it and that special rush I enjoy when the transition is complete.If its the opposite, and I build up to a dressing session then it would be the anticipation and the excitement of it that I would miss.And then I guess someone has to do all the hard labor jobs around here so I better not give him the boot right now.

Suzy Harrison
06-14-2008, 08:27 PM
For many years it was just a dream and I guess a fantasy for me, as I had a family to support....
But nowadays I do think of if often, kind of everyday ~ as everything seems to be lining up for me to go and take the plunge:

My kids are now grown up
My marrage is on the verge of falling over and I really don't care if it does (nothing to do with my TG by the way)
My two GG friends at work say they would do all they can to help me stay in my job.
I used to worry that I couldn't survive out in public 24/7 ~ but now realise I could.

It's such a big thing and it's not something you would want to do and then realise you made a mistake, so I am hesitant. Sometimes I want it so much I don't care if I loose everything, but am I just wallowing in that pink cloud?

I think the turning point for me is going to the SCC in Atlanta in 3 months time ~ and that's why I'm holding back from doing anything just yet. Once there I'll get the chance to be me 24/9 .... well that's 24 hours for a full nine days! Also since it's a TG conference, I'll come away with more knowledge to help me make my decision.

A year ago none of this was possible, so it goes to show how much can change in 12 months. So those of you who feel trapped please take heart ~ as nothing is forever and opportunities can suddenly arise..

:hugs: Suzy

natasha
06-14-2008, 09:18 PM
simple answer, if it were possible.........YES!!!!

stefcd1
06-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I have only stayed female 24/7 for about 3 days but enjoyedf every minute of it. I have thought if I could retire in a few years, I would move to another city and live as female so who knows..............

Kristy_Iowa_CD
06-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Yes, definately. I would love to be en femme for 24/7 for several days (a long weekend perhaps), and actually I am tentatively planning on doing this sometime in the fall. However, finding the time to get away and have some private time to do it is a problem. My wife is very accepting of me having personal time (I have left her and the kids on weekends before for other non-CD hobbies I have), but it takes a lot of planning and coordination for me to pull those weekends off.

Cristi
06-15-2008, 12:12 AM
I don't know if I would... like others have said before me, it would become tiring after a while and just one more burden, instead of something that I ENJOY doing.

I guess it would be an easier answer for me if I were more feminine looking so didn't have to count on hours of prep time just to get out of the house!

Dressing up and going out is fun when it is something different and something to look forward to, but there are also the days when you are sick, or just don't have the energy to put into it. On those days, I just want to throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and be a guy.

I guess my first realistic goal would be to spend an entire long weekend away somewhere dressed. If that works out (and I still want MORE after three days) then I'd move up to trying for an entire week long vacation somewhere. But I honestly think that that would be my limit. After a week, the thrill would certainly be gone and I'd be good and ready to pack away the bras and pantyhose and get back into drab mode to relax for a while!

Eileen
06-15-2008, 12:21 AM
After nearly a year and a half, I am still very happy I made the decission to live full time as a woman. The experience has been so much more rewarding than I ever imagined it would be.

Eileen

Claire3
06-15-2008, 02:40 AM
Mmm,not to sure.What about going out with friends,seeing our children and take away pizzas.Could be a problem.Dont really want my circumstances to change in relationship to my daughters

vivianann
06-15-2008, 03:02 AM
I never thought that I could live 24/7, but after attending enfemme getaways and traveling accross this country enfemme I have decided to live full time as a woman, I am working on getting my life in order so I can transition to 24/7 as a woman. I am changing careers so I can make the change. I am much happier enfemme, I dress almost daily and I go out in public 2 or 3 tmes a week, so I am almost there.

Laura_Stephens
06-15-2008, 04:37 AM
It is only a fantasy for me. 24x7 just isn't in the cards given my life situation.

Phyliss
06-15-2008, 04:37 AM
( 24 / 7 ever thought about it ? )

You better believe it. More times than I can count. As long as I keep my “rose colored glasses” polished and my “Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms” dress nice and smooth, the possibility does exist.

However, ( there’s always that horrible “reality” thing going on)
Aside from the obvious, job, family, friends, there’s the practicality of the mechanics involved. By that I mean:
1. Your wig, unless you let your own hair grow out, (if you have enough or any to grow). Having to sleep with a wig seems to sound really uncomfortable, plus having it slip off while sleeping.

2. Boobs, sleep with a bra and forms, or get implants? If neither of those choices sound right then you have to “put on your chest” each morning, which brings back the “reality”.

3. Daily things that we do, other than shopping. Things like, take a shower, ( remove wig and forms if required ) oh my, need to wash “that” part, ( the offending member, if it’s still there) and if it isn’t there how do you get past the memory of “it” ?

4. What about having to shave our face? Have we spent a bundle on laser or electrolysis?

5. Are we gonna take some pills to assist us? If we do, what about side effects? How will they be paid for?

Really don’t mean to sound like a “wet blanket” but I guess it’s the way I was raised. Just too practical about many things. Which is one reason I like to CD , gives me a chance to “make believe”

Following the other thread of “would I like to wake up as a woman?” OH YES!!! Again there’s that reality thing, what about past memory? Am I the same “guy” but a different body?

Now, to those who have made the "change" ... well done and I am very happy for you. Overcoming the problems and facing the challenges must have been very difficult at times.

MikiAnne
06-15-2008, 06:01 AM
for me... going full time has been a blessing. Yes, it IS difficult, and yes, it is a lot more work, but it has made me a much better person.
The relationships I have formed as a female are MUCH deeper and more satisfying. The friends I've cultivated... yes Cultivated, are more honest, caring, and will likely be long lasting as I have spent a lot more emotion and thought in developing them.

Mollyanne
06-15-2008, 06:25 AM
WOULD I CHANGE, ARE YOU KIDDING????? If I weren't in my present situation I would go the "whole 9 yards" I have thought about this all my life ever since I was in my teens( a long time ago). Being that the good lord has made me male(ugh) I guess he does have a sense of humor after all.

:love: Mollyanne

Jamie L. Squires
06-15-2008, 07:59 AM
In a heartbeat!!! I have been able to try it for almost a week and was so down hearted when it was over. The “work” involved just being a woman just made me feel so wonderful I thought I’d die.

jenalex
06-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm 24/7 now, albeit discreetly (e.g. no skirts in the neighbourhood)
no one ever says anything :happy:

Veronica 1
06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I went 24/7 for my holidays last year and it was wonderful. It is nor work getting into my fem appearance, it is a pleasure.

Denise01
06-15-2008, 04:33 PM
:):)Would I go 24/7 and possibly fully transition, the answer is a resounding yes.

Last year when i was on vacation on 2 different occasions for a month, I was fully feme 24/7 and loved every minuet of it. I feel so much more calm and content when I am Denise.

At present due to working that is not a possibility for me, but i hope to re-locate within a year at which time i am planning on coming out 24/7/. In the meantime i will have to be content with being 24/7 when i am on vacation, and that usually is for a month in the spring and fall

Denise:) :):):)

Pamela Julie
06-15-2008, 05:46 PM
If the opportunity to go 24/7 came up, I would take it without any further thought. I can't do it in my current job, and my wife would not stay with me if I did. After retirement in three to seven years and if the situation with my wife changed, no more boy mode for me. If the money were there, I would transition completely.

Pamela:)

Emily Anderson
06-15-2008, 06:25 PM
If I were 30 years younger and knew what I know now, I would have definitely strutted my stuff on the walk of life, and gone for the gusto!

But, seeing as I'm a "has-been", or worse, a "never-waser", I'll just have to console myself with the fantasy world and occasionally make lame attempts at ressembling a worn out old hag down a dark alley at midnight :tongueout

Robyn2006
06-15-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm single and am able to be my femme self nearly every weekend. But this part of my life is completely private, as I want it to be, for now anyway. However, I think the question here is more if we want to be 24/7 out in the world. The answer to that is not yet...

But I have privately gone 24/7 a few times which were quite magical for me. The first time was back in my early twenties when I was on summer vacation from college and lived in this little guest house that was quite secluded. The owners that lived in the main house had gone off to europe for a few weeks leaving me the key to their house to feed their pets and water the plants. Now I say this knowing full-well how wrong it was, and I still have guilt tugs about it, but I took full advantage of my landlady's things. I couldn't help myself as I wandered into her bedroom, her closet and drawers... Good lord, everything I could hope for was there as if calling for me to make them my own. Her clothes, bras, stockings... everything fit perfectly and she had more makeup than I knew what to do with. By the end of their first day gone I had completely transformed myself into the woman of my dreams more than I imagined possible. I can still remember so fondly this long, flowing black dress that she had was certainly the most feminine thing I had ever worn, with her pearl necklace and Revlon "Tomato" lipstick which so perfectly completed my look. With full run of the grounds, I spent well over a week like this, dressing in nearly everything she had and walking nearly everywhere I could on their 3+ wooded acres, with it being so new and exciting to be ala femme outside. Truly, this was one of the best weeks of my life.

Since then I have taken a few 24/7 vacations at home becoming as femme as possible, but with my own things, thank you very much, which I can proudly say trumps most everything my former landlady had (most notable my glorious breast forms!)... everything but that damn dress of hers, which I've never been able to top. The only down side to all of this is coming back to my drab male life, for after a week of allowing my womanhood to soar, it is incredibly, insanely difficult to put my things away and once again be who everyone expects me to be...

I only pray that someday these 24/7 experiences will become 24/365, when all will be as it should.

Robyn

Not me, but the picture well depicts my weekend activities...

karynspanties
06-16-2008, 05:47 AM
Too much work being a girl full time. I have fantasized about it, but I don't think I would. Maybe if my body was more feminine. But I have mans arms and hands. I suppose if I was single and wanted to persue it, there is alot of surgery options out there for feminizing the male body, but then it's permanant. Nice thought though.

BillieJoe
06-16-2008, 09:09 AM
I had the opportunity to dress 24/7 for a length of time a number of years ago. It was sheer heaven. When I had to go back to guy mode I cried like a baby for hours. I would definitely do it again. I'll have three days to dress this coming weekend and I'm very much looking forward to it because I don't often get the chance to dress fully anymore. Oh the anticipation!

JoAnnDallas
06-16-2008, 09:34 AM
1. If my wife would approve of it
2. I and wife was fianacilly secure.

Dalece
06-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes I believe I would.

Deborah Jane
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Some great answers, and to those who have gone 24/7, you have my greatest admiration:hugs:

In my present circumstances, with my kids happily accepting me as Debs and being divorced [just waiting for the final paperwork], i must admit the temptation is there for me to give it a try.

Obviously i would need to move to a differant area and possibly retrain for a differant job first.

Also before making the leap to 24/7 i would need to spend money on my appearance [electrolysis, some facial surgery, etc]

In a way this is still a fantasy, but i would like to think one day i could actually make it happen!!

Joy Carter
06-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I made a promise years ago to be a husband to my wife. As long as she will have me, I'll be just that. However should that change, I'm definitely going to match the outside to the inside.

melissacd
06-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I am going through this thought process now. I am out on my own, I have the desire, I am having IPL on my face to get rid of as much facial hair as possible to make it easier to shave and not require such heavy makeup to hide the beard, I am growing my hair long, I am getting better at choosing more suitable clothes...I am giving myself a couple of years to decide if I want to do this. If I do then I will obviously need to come out to work. I have come out to a lot of friends and family already so that part is already taken care of. This is the period of my life where I figure this part out and spend as much time as I can seeing what it is like to be en femme more often than not.

CD Susan
06-16-2008, 04:11 PM
I have been living dressed 24/7 for the past seven months. I have the opportunity to dress as often and for as long as I want to since I am single, live alone, own my own private home in the country, and am retired. The last seven months I have been fullfilling my life long dream and have never been so happy in my life. The only times that I am not dressed is when I need to go to town for business reasons or to visit friends. I feel very fortunate to be in this situation. I do get lazy sometimes and don't shave or do makeup every day. Being a woman all the time does require a lot of work but it is the kind of work that I enjoy.