PDA

View Full Version : Has CDing Helped or Hurt you as a Dad?

Sarah Doepner
06-15-2008, 01:37 PM
First I have to tell you my adult kids probably don't know about this side of me, although my wife does.

Since I've accepted and come out to her it has relieved a lot of stress in my life and I've been able to be more of a supporter and guide rather than a hard-nose. But even before that, I thought of myself as a bit more of a nurturing sort. Was it just my character or did the CD experience help? What has been your experience?

Heather_Marie
06-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I would think so however I have always have my feelings of a women but I am more understanding about what the other side goes through. So yes I think it has helped me more of a guide then a hard nose.

Carroll
06-15-2008, 04:22 PM
All my kids know, although my 20 year old has not seen me. The other two have and I think it has helped open their eyes a bit

Ruth
06-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Acknowledging my CDing and coming out to my spouse has helped me as a dad because it has made my general demeanour much more relaxed: I am no longer nurturing a terrible secret.
I don't know that my CD tendencies themselves affected my fathering one way or another. But it's not something you could really measure.

Emily Anderson
06-15-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't think the fact that crossdress has had any influence whatsoever on the fact that I'm a Dad. My ex-wife knows, and I see my children regularly.

I don't crossdress in front of them, because I think they have enough to learn about life without burdening them with my personal issues.

That's not to say that I'm against anyone incorporating their female side into the the lives of their children when the circumstances and maturity of the father and the family unit permit. Rather, I'm not intending to go 24/7, transition etc. and therefore prefer to keep this side of me to myself.

Having said that, I truly believe that it is strength of character rather than the clothes one wears which are the single most important factor in child-rearing.

JoAnnDallas
06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Nope, our kid left the house years ago.

Lisa Rose
06-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Perhaps but I think the divorce had a bigger impact. I've always been nuturing but that was always a conflict with the ex. I'm far more myself now and I think the kids accept and appreciate it. Only one knows about my cd'ing but the others suspect. I have a much better relationship with them now.

nikki47
06-16-2008, 08:54 AM
I think it makes me a better person with my wife knowing,i've got nothing to hide from her,and i'm much more relaxed in myself.I think cding makes me a better person.I've never told my children and don't want them to know,because to them i'm just their dad.
Nikki

Isis
06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Im a father to a 4 yr. old girl. To me CDing is just a physical expression of my femme side. I think it has helped me get in touch with the nurturing female nature I have inside.