PDA

View Full Version : Shaving legs in the summer

kristiCD
06-16-2008, 06:32 AM
I love the look of my shaved legs but fear going out in public.

cdjenny20
06-16-2008, 06:44 AM
I live in a small West Virginia city and have my legs shaved. Trust me, it really isn't a big deal. If anybody asks, which very rarly happens, I just tell them that it's because I ride my bike a lot(which is true). Believe me, if I can go out in spandex and have my legs shaved here and nobody cares then I think anybody can do it.

The other thing that I've noticed at the gym I exercise at is that there is a wide variety in the amount of hair on guys legs. I've seen almost totally hairless to covered.

sissystephanie
06-16-2008, 06:59 AM
I love the look of my shaved legs but fear going out in public. I think everyone will look at me and think or say I am gay (and they don't mean it as a compliment). I think this because I have read a lot on the subject on-line. If you look at any poll on line about what people think of men with shaved legs 90% will say gay and/or that a man should never shave their legs. I think we live in a homophobic society. I asked a question about this on a fitness message board (craigslist) and was really berated by a lot of rude people.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/forums/?forumID=92

I know I shouldn't care what people think (but I do). But I really wonder how many people like me think it looks good to have shaved legs? For the record I am not gay. I am bi with a preference toward women (don't care to kiss or cuddle with a man). I do not hold bad feelings toward gays but I am bothered when people call me gay. It defeats the purpose of having shaved legs in public if most people are appalled by it. I like to look good and get a favorable response from people. Anyone else share my feelings?

Kristi,

I am 76 years old and have been shaving my legs for many years. I now live outside Atlanta, but for many years lived either in Portland, Oregon or Seattle. During the hot summers my bare (tanned) legs are always visible. No one cares what your legs look like, except you! Many swimmers and cyclists shave their legs. And many of us have very little hair there anyway. Just be yourself, and do whatever you feel is best for Christi! If people do ask me about my shaved legs, I just tell them that I prefer it that way. If you show confidence in the way you dress, etc., people will learn to not ask stupid questions!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Sarah...
06-16-2008, 07:27 AM
In answer to your question, yes, as far as I am concerned it looks great to have shaved legs. I've not bared my smooth legs in public yet but I am wondering how many people would actually notice or care too much. I think if you explicitly ask people a question about shaved legs on an otherwise male body you will get some rather sure-fire responses. And that may say more about the respondents' insecurities than anything else.

I've seen lots of other posts on the forum to the effect that either no-one noticed or where they did notice they were not bothered either way. As a cyclist I'm not expecting much in the way of adverse comment.

On the other hand, as a parent to two kids I'm not sure yet how I'll respond if and when my legs are noticed!!

One thing I do know, I can't forsee me ever having hairy legs again, with only one exception, if my SO wants another view of the way they were.

Sarah...

Annie D
06-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Okay, let me get this straight. If you shave your legs or pierce your ears or wear your hair longer than a regular cut....then you must be gay. If a woman has short hair, wears stud ball earrings, and wears jeans and an oversized t-shirt.....she must be a lesbian. Wow!

This type of thread comes up frequently and I am sure that you will get many positive responses from the girls here. I have been shaving my legs for several years now and have gotten very few negative comments.

I am a high school coach and wear shorts almost year round; not one teacher, administrator nor another coach has said a single word to me. I get maybe two times a semester a question or comment from a student about my shaved legs and simply reply that I do and I like it.

FYI, I was watching the USGA tournament Saturday and Sunday and I noticed that I could not see any leg hair on any of the caddies and I have HD.
I could see the arm hair on Tiger but no leg hair on Steve, his caddy. I guess if you want to start shaving your legs become a caddy and get on national TV.

Believe me when I say................................Once you shave your legs, you will NEVER let the hair grow back. It's wonnnnnderful!

Karren H
06-16-2008, 07:37 AM
I see guys with shaved legs all the time.... and who cares.... I don't shave mine in the summer ecause the wife expects me to pass as a male for family outtings and the like.... And there's nothing better than a happy wife!! Especially with my hoby.... :)

Christine Kelly
06-16-2008, 07:37 AM
I don't even bother to defend shaving my body anymore.
It is how I like it and that is all they really need to know.

And if they insist that it is 'gay' or I am 'gay',
I usually just say, 'OK, I get it. Shaving makes me gay.'
And then I ask them why they shave their faces every morning,
because that makes them look like a girl,
and I am starting to feel attracted to them. Lol :)

I look at hairy guys now and think:
'God, how did I ever put up with that mess?'

Of course, some boys and girls actually like hairy guys.
To each his or her own.

victoriamwilliams1
06-16-2008, 07:47 AM
I know many men who are not even TG who have hairless legs and cannot even grow hair on their legs. The question I would ask is why does it matter anyway. I see many men in the hip hop world with bare legs.

Bobsie
06-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Sorry, but I think your fears are ridiculous. Right now I am living and working as (reluctantly) a man, on a survey vessel off the coast of tropical Africa. The most I wear is shorts, t-shirt, sandals (no socks). Often, the t-shirt is off. I have shaved (actually, epilated) legs, and arms, and chest -- everywhere hair can grow, I have removed it -- except the top of my head, where I would love to have hair but in fact have very little. It is a hyper-masculine environment. But nobody has shown any sign of even noticing my hairlessness. If anyone were to comment on it I would not make up some silly story like being a long-distance bicyclist; I would just say I find it cleaner, cooler and more comfortable. I like how it feels. And if anyone thinks I am gay, well, why should that matter to me. If I was , it would be my business alone. I used to be afraid like that. Gradually, I am losing my fear, and following my feelings. I am much happier for it; trust me, you will be too.

kaitlin
06-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Hey Girls, I know how a lot of you feel, a little concerned that someone will notice and say something bad about your shaved legs. While I'm not going to say it won't happen, I am going to say it hasn't happened to me and I live in redneckville middle Tennessee! People here are for the most part very nice folk, but they also don't mind asking you a question or quickly pointing out the fact that you don't fit in. I have had my legs shaved (now waxed) for 3 years or more, always wearing shorts when it's warm, and in that time one person has asked me about it and that was a 17 year old GG, my neice, and she said it was cool, she hates body hair and wishes her boyfriend would shave his body! :thumbsup:So relax and enjoy your smooth legs! Kaitlin

Scotty
06-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Believe me when I say................................Once you shave your legs, you will NEVER let the hair grow back. It's wonnnnnderful!

You said it!

I've been shaving my legs for 10 years. Only recently did I let it grow back and I had to shave it when it got warm yesterday, and no regrets.
Today after some moisturizer it feels WONDERFUL!!!

I live in a highly conservative town and nobody says anything.

Look around, you'll see other guys with shaved legs. Nobody says it but everyone does it....

Sara Jessica
06-16-2008, 08:10 AM
I was sort of in your boat just a few months ago when I made the decision to keep my legs smooth during the summer. Historically during "shorts" weather, it was always jeans or if I chose to wear a skirt, that not-fondly-remembered matte Danskin tight worn underneath my chosen shade of nylon. So I eased this into my presentation to the world. I remember the first time with smooth legs and shorts around the house. Reaction? Nothing. Kids oblivious. Wife would have been entitled to comment but she knew of my decision beforehand so she chose not to say anything about it. Then I recall my first time going out, a trip to the grocery store. Expecting looks, comments, whatever, I was greeted with...nothing. Friends came over, I'm sure they noticed but said...nothing. Family? Again, nothing. Out and about many times since just living my life and now the expectation is that not a word will be said. And I don't care in the least bit about what might be going through people's minds either but in the rare event that something is said down the road, of course I have a response ready to go.

But this isn't intended to be the kind of post that suggests everyone should do this no matter what. Gosh knows I've been on the receiving end of such advice recently on a different topic related to feminine expression. I fully understand everyone's situation is different. It took me years to take this step and I'm so glad I did but I won't shove it down anyone's throat. So the bottom line message, if you think shaving your legs is for you, I'd suggest that most people out there are more worried about important stuff like the price of gas, their jobs, families, etc. rather than worrying about your leg shaving and then making a connection to wonder if you use Edge shave gel or Skintimate. No one cares. And besides, do you really think you'll be running into the types who answer poll questions about what they perceive to be gay presentation or behavior???

Donna Marie
06-16-2008, 08:29 AM
I've been shaving my arms & legs for about 10 years and I have never had any comments or questions - not even an odd look. Now, the earrings did draw a number of questions and comments. I wore studs for quite a while after having my ears pierced, but now I just wear them when en femme.

Annesah
06-16-2008, 08:33 AM
I work in the building trades. All summer I wear brightly colored shorts and cap sleave T's (not too tight) to work. I shave everything but my head. Always a woman's watch. Reaction from my customers and fellow tradespeople? Never.... Not ever a negative question or comment. On the contrary; I've had quite a few women complement me on the way I present. Last week a customer told me I looked "fresh and summery". Now does this sound as though I'm suffering alot of repression and bigotry? Tons of fun with no price to pay! Shave those legs and forgetaboutit!:)

BillieJoe
06-16-2008, 08:39 AM
I've been shaving my legs for years now and exposing them in the summertime. The only comments coming my way are if I do a lousy job and knick my legs really bad. Then I usually get a few comments from people. So, if you're going to shave your legs/body- Be Careful!

Dorisnycd
06-16-2008, 09:12 AM
i shave 24/7 all year. Believe me more guys shave than ever before. I wouldn't worry about it at all!

JoAnnDallas
06-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I shave my legs/chest/arms every week 365 days a year.

Melinda G
06-16-2008, 10:09 AM
I shave my legs in the summer. If necessary, I just wear jeans when the kids come over, or someone else that I don't want to know. No one has said anything, but I would just say I burn easily, if anyone said anything. I wear jeans anyway, depending on what I'm doing, so I don't get my legs scratched, doing yardwork, etc.

Christen3042
06-16-2008, 10:11 AM
I keep my legs shaved all the time, as well as everything else I can reach. I wear shorts when it's hot. No one has ever said a word.

Dalece
06-16-2008, 10:13 AM

Same here maybe a little more can't wear woman shorts or skort in hairy legs. And low cut blouses with a bush on the ladies (thats for those who have real ones:heehee:).

Jamie001
06-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Kristi,

Why give other people power over the presentation of your body? If someone is small-minded enough to be appalled, then it is their problem and not your problem. People could also say that a woman should never cut her hair short, but many non-gay women do. Just proudly show your shaved legs is public. I show my shaved legs and also my red toenails in women's sandals. I get many compliments from women on my legs and feet.

Don't give these idiots power over you.

:hugs: Jamie

I love the look of my shaved legs but fear going out in public. I think everyone will look at me and think or say I am gay (and they don't mean it as a compliment). I think this because I have read a lot on the subject on-line. If you look at any poll on line about what people think of men with shaved legs 90% will say gay and/or that a man should never shave their legs. I think we live in a homophobic society. I asked a question about this on a fitness message board (craigslist) and was really berated by a lot of rude people.

I know I shouldn't care what people think (but I do). But I really wonder how many people like me think it looks good to have shaved legs? For the record I am not gay. I am bi with a preference toward women (don't care to kiss or cuddle with a man). I do not hold bad feelings toward gays but I am bothered when people call me gay. It defeats the purpose of having shaved legs in public if most people are appalled by it. I like to look good and get a favorable response from people. Anyone else share my feelings?

Shelly67
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I was asked yesterday did I still shave my legs , by my sister in law . It was done in front of my brother , and in such a way it left me in no doubt I,ve obviously been talked about .
I replied , I,d taken back to cycling .....gosh how I wished I,d just told her I was metro sexual - a guy who takes care of his grooming .
Or even better I was a gentle open minded crossdresser , who regards such questions as "beating around the bush " .
Does it really matter if you know someone well , and hopefully respect they're reasons for keeping things to themselves?
I never ask persons questions on how they look , or be nosey enough to inquire of they're nature or business. or lifestyles . I simply would'nt want to offend them .
I fear it wont be long before I'm asked outright tho .
Indeed I think its only due to the fact asking someone about a morally sensative issue as if they crossdress , may seem to be embarressing to the enquisitive so they don,t ask in case of a hostile reaction.
Or , do women find the subject intresting....?
It,s strange as i know a few females who love efeminate men , go ga -ga over the likes of Mike Monroe Brian Eno , Mark Bolan or other guys who wear their hair long.....
perhaps its time for me to toughen up , be bold and tell the truth ..." yes I shave my legs arms and other bits and bobs because I,m a crossdresser .
then again ....silence is supposed to be golden.

jennifer41356
06-16-2008, 11:15 AM

the gay men i know would never dream of shaving their legs, so I dont think it is a gay thing, I have had my legs shaved for about 15yrs and never had anyone say anything to me..I have had a couple of friends ask me about my arms being shaved though:heehee:

KandisTX
06-16-2008, 11:22 AM
My thoughts?? WHO CARES!!!!! I shave my legs year round and don't give a flip what others might think or say about me. "Great minds talk about great ideas... small minds talk about other people" ;) (Or something like that, I cannot seem to remember the exact quote).

Kandis:love::rose2:

Annie D
06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I used to shave my arms as well as my legs but since the hair on my arms seem to grow so fast when I would wear short sleeve shirts (remember high school coach) and someone would touch my arm, they would notice and comment and/or question. Now I wax my arms and the hair grows out much softer with no stubble.

Deborah Jane
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
I shaved my legs for the first time last year and let the hair grow back for the summer!! [I discovered i hated having hairy legs again]
This year i,ve decided to keep them shaved year round, because what has it got to do with anyone else whether i shave my legs or not!!

If it makes you happy...Just do it!!

Shelly67
06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
I love the feeling of freshly shaved legs ....speshly in stockings too .......
I did try epilating too ......I bet ours isn't the only home with epilators and a full swear box :D

Fab Karen
06-16-2008, 02:40 PM
If I had a dollar for every time this subect comes up on this site, I could probably buy a fancy dinner.
Just be you & shave if you wantto shave. If ever asked why: because I like it.
Some Asian cultures have their hang-ups. Here in the U.S. diversity is more accepted. btw, Craigs List has its fair share of trolls looking for someone to attack ( probably due in part to large numbers of kids being aware of the site )

Ellen Ross
06-16-2008, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=Christine Kelly;1330183]

QUOTE]

Every time I see a hairy leg or chest I think that same thing.

Ruth
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
The idea that started off this thread, that shaved legs = gay man, makes no sense to me. Why would a gay man shave his legs?
Ignorant people see something outside the norm and they get confused. They think something like "shaved leg --> woman --> effeminate --> gay" without checking that any of the steps actually follows logically.
So if somebody looks at my shaven legs and thinks "Hmm, must be gay", I can be sure that person's good opinion is not worth having.
I like my shaven legs both in male and female mode, and I don't mind showing them off. But then, nobody notices as far as I know.

Charolette time
06-16-2008, 03:51 PM

SHAVED MY LEGS FOR SOME TIME NOW ,NOT THAT HAIRY TOO START WITH, ALSO HAD BREAST CANCER 3 PLUS YEARS AGO AND WITH THE RADIATION I ONLY HAD HAIR ON HALF MY CHEST SO I KEEP IT ALL SHAVED, IF ANYONE ASKS I TELL THEM ITS FOR MY HEALTH AND I HAD CANCER, END OF DISSCUSSION, DONT BE ASHAMED OF SHAVED LEGS ITS YOUR LIFE AND NOBODY ELSES BUSINESS, :devil::love::hugs: CHAROLETTE

SandyR
06-16-2008, 04:13 PM
To answer your question "Yes" I think shaved legs look way better, and I think it keeps you cooler, during the summer. Plus it really feels nice.

We are seeing a shift towards men in general just taking better care of there skin. I've had laser hair removal done on my back and chest, legs next.

I would not worry about it, on the rare occasion I have been asked I tell them "everyone's" doing it, the girls have been holding out on us......heheh

Shave on!

Hugs!

SandyR

CDJaymee
06-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I just started shaving my legs and armpits hair " ewww grosss" 3 mnths ago and omg, why i didnt do it years ago is beyond me, I am never looking back!!!
We only live once, dont be afraid of anything!!! HUgs!

kathrynt21
06-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I have been shaving for two years. people make comments and I either ignore them or tell them it feels good.
I like the look on their faces when I tell them how smooth they feel.
And telling someone something silly (as another poster commented) like you are a cyclist is not really silly at all. Most athletes that rely on speed for times (cyclists, swimmers, track) shave.
Plus, did I mention how good it feels???

Genifer Teal
06-16-2008, 04:45 PM

That is exactly how I feel.

Gen

Kristen Marie
06-16-2008, 05:12 PM
I used to have hairy legs, but years of skiing wore a lot of the lower leg hair off. Boots are rough on that part of the body.

Rather than looking goofy with hair only halfway down my leg, I selectively shave my legs. It's not 100% but rather about 75%. In a skirt or dress, I can go bare legged and I don't get hassled as a guy. In fact, I get compliments on them from most people.

matrioshka
06-16-2008, 05:17 PM
I shave both arms and legs, and I work in a foundry with a pretty rough lot. The banter we exchange would make a truck driver blush. None of them have noticed, but I don't advertise it either.

The only comments I've ever gotten is when I shaved off my beard 10+ years ago. WW2 reenacting was the official reason....

M

kristiCD
06-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I just shaved my legs again - can't stop - every day or two - oh well guess I'll have to deal with it

Angie G
06-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Cristi I have shaved my leg fof well over a year now this is the second summer shaved only 3 people have said anything and none of it bad.:hugs:
Angie

Babette
06-16-2008, 07:59 PM
I think it not looks great but feels great too! Do you suppose there was a similar debate years ago when men first started to shave their faces? How about when men first started to cut and trim the hair on their heads?

Its only hair and it will grow back if it is shaved. Well some of it will grow back with the exception of those who are follicle challenged on the north pole region.

Babette

Norma_CD
06-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Add me to the I-shave-and-no-one-has-noticed list.

I told my wife I wanted to shave my legs and she said "Go ahead, but what are you going to say when people notice?". Took her three days to notice herself!

icequeen
06-16-2008, 08:45 PM
now days it is common for men to shave their body hair as much as a woman...doesn't matter if they are a cd or not. :)

Jilmac
06-16-2008, 08:51 PM
You'd be surprized how many straight athletes shave their legs, (swimmers come to mind). Did you ever see a pro wrestler with hairy legs? I shave my legs and don't give a hoot about what others might think or say. Maybe my community is more tolerant than yours but I haven't heard anything negative about my smooth legs. Luv and :hugs: Jill

lynnrichards
06-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, you shaved your legs again. Good for you! I shave my legs every day and I've been doing it for many years. In all that time, only a few people have asked about it. When they do, I say that I shave them because I simply hate body hair and the subject is dropped. When your legs are smooth and tanned, the hairlessness is less noticeable anyway. I also wax my arms, back and chest. If you're confident and self-assured, you really have nothing to worry about.

claudine
06-16-2008, 09:25 PM
I shave my legs from time to time. I didnt think this could cause a problem.

chaotropic
06-16-2008, 09:36 PM
a can of nair knockoff has appeared beside the shower and I am quite eager to get rid of all this narsty body hair, but reluctant for the confusing directions and question of a burn or rash, but the biggest reluctance comes with the inevitable "gay" comments from the one friend I have in this town. not that I really care what he thinks of me, I just don't want to have it become the focal point of jokes for years to come.

JennaStarr
06-16-2008, 10:23 PM
I live in a rural area and started shaving around 5 years ago. I've never had any anyone accuse me of being gay or make any rude comments.

bobbie_1048
06-16-2008, 10:29 PM
I've been shaving my legs for years now and exposing them in the summertime. The only comments coming my way are if I do a lousy job and knick my legs really bad. Then I usually get a few comments from people. So, if you're going to shave your legs/body- Be Careful!

i shave 24/7 all year. Believe me more guys shave than ever before. I wouldn't worry about it at all!

I keep my legs shaved all the time, as well as everything else I can reach. I wear shorts when it's hot. No one has ever said a word.

My thoughts?? WHO CARES!!!!! I shave my legs year round and don't give a flip what others might think or say about me. "Great minds talk about great ideas... small minds talk about other people" ;) (Or something like that, I cannot seem to remember the exact quote).

Kandis:love::rose2:

I've been shaving everything for about 3 years now. I work outdoors and I haven't had a case of heat rash in all those years. It's easier to find ticks after working in the woods too. Most importantly, it feels so good to be smooth. :bighug: bobbie

spandexgirl188
06-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Personally I think youre looking too much into the shaving legs thing. I was lucky in a cd'ing way because i never really had much body hair to begin with and that included my legs. It was until i started dancing and puberty hit at thirteen that i saw that the fine hair just got longer and i shaved them because i didnt like the way the hair went past the spandex or tights. No no one noticed that, but i did, which i what made me shave. Its been quite a few years since then and i shave my arm pits, all of my bikini area, and legs. The most that happened was someone in the locker room a the YMCA asking me if i shave my legs. I answered no, i told them i never really had alot of body hair and he left it at that. The point it that if someone looks at your legs and notes that they are shaved, make up a story or cover them up while en drab if you really care that much of what people think about shaven legs. My real issue was panty lines for the longest time but i've gotten alot of good advice in this forum. Im sure you will too.

Jessica.

Bernadina
06-16-2008, 11:17 PM
There is no way I would consider wearing shorts with hairy legs. Yuk.

Keep em shaved all Summer (and Winter too).

jo_ann
06-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Just do it, nobody will say anything. I even shave my armhair sometimes, if anyone asks "though they haven't yet", I just say "hair insulates and keeps all the heat in, keeps me cool so I don't sweat so much"

marny
06-16-2008, 11:56 PM
In our cosmopolitasan word where people colour their hair, tatoo anything, poke metal through everywhere, have fat sucked out and some injected back( some from their friendly neibouhood cow), implants, face lifts, nose jobs, hair implants...........!!!!!!!!!!!! :brolleyes:

I am sure shaving has less potential to harm you physically,and if you ask them why they do what they do what is the most common answer,

" It makes me feel good"

Shave away girls!!! :tongueout

Meag
06-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Kristi, I have never shaved my legs.. For the past 20 years, my legs have been hairless, hair does not grow there! For the past 7 years I have worn pantyhose or thigh-hi's with shorts in the summer. In the first 13 years I never had a comment, in the last 7 years I have had 3 comments, all from women and all good. I just don't know where you got the idea that having hairless legs is a bad thing. Mine are hairless and there is nothing I can do about, ain't it great.:D

Meag

Jennifer4cd
06-17-2008, 04:51 AM
Just take a look at all of the mens shorts and bathingsuit adds. Most have hair free bodies. I've read that many male models have had laser removal of their body hair in order to prevent rashes that show up in photos.

ringedjohn
06-17-2008, 05:33 AM
It ONLY took my wife six months to notice that I had shaved legs - and that I was keeping them shaved. I like it. :)

Sharon B.
06-17-2008, 05:57 AM
I have a thing about body hair and that is I hate it, wish I didn't have it but do either shave it or use Nair hair remover and never had any bad reaction to it if you follow the directions and use body lotion after using it.
Now if I could just stop biting my fingernails, I could be a little more happy.:battingeyelashes:

itstime
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
I've shaved my legs for YEARS. I've been out in public and have NEVER gotten a remark on it. Guys hair is either there or it isn't. It depends on the family genes. So, shave it off and have fun :)

missattitude
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Nobody cares about Shaved legs. I shave everywhere, including my arm pits, chest, arms, and feel better about myself. For a while I would not shave because my family knew that I always have had hairy legs, but, why stop doing something that people could care less about.

Kelsy
06-17-2008, 09:23 PM
summer is hairy season for me!!:sad: It all comes off Oct 1!!!:banana:

Kelsy

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I've been shaving my legs for at least 8 months now and go out with skirts and shorts all the time. I'm sure people notice but I don't care anymore what they think. I like the clean look now and can't stand to see hairy legs, arms or body on anyone now.

Just Shave and have a clean look, you will luv it. :battingeyelashes:

jennifer easton
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
I work with probably the most homophobic bunch of guys in the free world!!! I to thought that if I were to shave my legs, my life as I know it would be over!, I wear shorts at work, took the Chance and shaved, went to work had all the excuses ready, not one blink, or giggle, no finger pointing,the police didn't come the world kept on turning, was kinda of disappointed, so there you go, JUST DO IT it feels just marvelous, my legs are tan now and look hot in my Daisy dukes Jennifer

Chantellexxx
06-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi seewtie, I have shaved my legs , arms & underarms for years! I still get the odd strange look but not often. I cannot stand having hair where it should not be! Dont worry what others think, be true to how you feel, if you feel better with your legs shaved go for it! :)
Chantelle...oxox...

jamie-upstate
06-18-2008, 06:44 AM
look around you will not be the only one with shaves legs
my leg are shaved 24/7 i were shorts all summer many men are shaved now days

pamela_a
06-18-2008, 07:03 AM
The simple fact you asked this question indicates how much you personally pay attention to men's legs. As many others have said, there are lots of men with either very little or very light hair or who shave their legs. It's one thing if your S O doesn't like it but as far as anyone else is concerned it just doesn't matter. I've had my arms and legs shaved for years and no one has said a thing. Although I do have a stock retort I love to use when someone asks if I'm gay. Just smile and say "No, I'm not. You don't look like my type if I were so you will have to go and find someone else".

Shave your legs and quit worrying about it. Like most things here our greatest fears are the ones we create in our own mind.

-Paula-

Wendy me
06-18-2008, 07:06 AM
i shave year round bare legged all summer not a problem at all..........

Slip Affinity
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I started shaving my legs in 1999 and I have kept them shaved year around since then. Nobody but nobody has ever said anything. Go ahead and shave if that's what you want to do.

sybercom11
06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
I just be me. And that includes showing my shaved legs and arms in public all year, wearing nice scents and nail polish, and any girlie clothes I can get away with in public.

So what. I'm girlie. Nobody cares.

By the way, if some guys are looking at and dwelling on your shaved legs, maybe they should be concerned?

ErikaLadyoftheDesert
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Yesterday I shaved my chest for the first time, I can't tell you how liberating that was. I feel so much more feminine and since I live in Phoenix, cooler.
I have not shaved my legs yet, but after reading all these posts the legs are next.

:daydreaming:

Vivian Best
06-19-2008, 11:35 AM
I shaved my legs, underarms and chest for a long time. For some reason which I don't remember I quit shaving my legs. After reading all the comments on this thread, I'm going back to it.

kymmieLorain
06-19-2008, 10:50 PM
I have been shaving for a couple years and have yet to hear any comments at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

Kymmie

KarynDavis
06-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I agre with almost everyone here - who cares?? I shave every few nites and feel much more comfortable. I half shave my arms and fully shave my chest. I also wear small studs in ears most the time. As for anyone with a problem with that - well that is their problem - not mine.

Go for it...

Sylviatg
06-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Honey, shave if you want to. Don't worry what people think. Ever been to a weightlifting competition? Some of those hunks wax their legs! Besides, how can you dress en femme and have hairy gams!

Glenda
06-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I too have been shaved for years. I'll admit when I first started shaving my legs and wearing nail polish on my toes I was pretty self conscious about it. But I don't sweat near as much as I used to. When people ask me, I just tell them that I don't like all that hair. No one ever questions that. Plus, being single, a lot of my girlfriends rub my legs occasionally while we sit and visit. Some people will notice, but no one will really care.

alyssalove56
06-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Well, summer is hairy season for me too. I guess I'm mainly into underdressing anyway. But............. I wear short shorts (which are not in style for men these days) and very girly tops. I overheard someone at Wally World call me a faggot the other day. They'll never know.
My wife loves the feel of my fairly fine and soft hair when we are intimate.
If it makes you feel good to shave DO IT.
The make up, toe nail polish, flip-flops and somewhat long highlighted hair give me plenty of softness.
We all make it work in our own way.
Love you all.