PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Flipped My Wig!

Julie
05-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Elizabeth was planning on coming in for the evening so we could go out. She doesn't get to go out much and had a wonderful time the last time we did it. So when she called I said yes and we made plans to go out tonight.

Now here's the weird part - I just simply dodn't feel like getting dressed! I mean I'm totally disinterested in getting dressed and going out. But since Elizabeth can only do this once in a great while I figured once I was dressed I'd be fine.

Well, she just called and told me she may not be able to make it and I was relieved that I might not have to dress for tonight. I took my temperature and I'm okay. I took my pulse and my heart's beating. I put a mirror under my nose and I'm breathing. All the vitals are there except one - I don't feel like going out dressed tonight :eek: ! What is going on?

I have the place to myself and have since Wednesday and I have been dressed all of a few hours. Tomorrow I'm going out with Dawn but have no plans on being dressed. I just don't want to. I know I'm alive, I checked and it's confirmed, I'm still alive. So what gives? Has anyone else ever felt so disinterested in dressing when all the opportunities are there to do so? :confused: I'm confused!

Katrina
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I got through phases where I'm less interested in dressing. It seems these last few weeks I have been out of control, but before that I could have cared less. I think its perfectly normal.

RainyHaze GG
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
When I am very depressed, I find myself not wanting to do things I enjoy. Even when I have all the opportunities to do so.

Love,
Rainy

DonnaT
05-13-2005, 06:25 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif
Maybe it's the freedom and there is less stress on you, Julie.

Some gurlz have mentioned that the more stress they have, the more their fem side wants to emurge.

Christine Hanes
05-13-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm with Miss Pinchy on this one. I go through cycles but those cycles have been getting closer and closer together of late. I know for me, as my stress levels go up my desire to be Christine goes up. Maybe it's an escape from reality or whatever, but I am so much more relaxed as my other self. Maybe that's it Julie, you need more stress. ;)

Teddie
05-13-2005, 06:36 PM
I have to agree on the cycles. There are times when I can't get enough, and time when I don't really care. The don't care seems to last a week or three, and them I'm back to normal, i.e. don't stand between me and the closet. :eek:

rory
05-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi Julie,
This may sound simple and silly. But it is ok to be our male selves. After all it is the same person. Think of it being like a gas tank.

sometimes our tank is very low and we need lots of time in touch with our feminie side, as the tank feels up our emotions smooth out and we are able to move forward in life in a more positive direction.

When you loose the desire to dress it is merely the male part saying I need gas as well.
In either personna we remain the same it is only outwardly and how we project ourselves that change but not the individual ourselves.

Does that make sense ?

Sigrid
05-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Rory, you might want to keep that gas tank metaphore away from Ashley.

~Sigrid

Tamara Croft
05-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Julie, for so long this is what you have wanted, the freedom to dress when you want. Now you have that, the thrill, the urge, the secrecy... none of that is there. It's like wanting something so badly, then once you have it, you forget what all the fuss was about in the first place. Like the girlz have said already, it could just be a phase. Tam was the same, she had the freedom to dress when she wanted, but now she can, she hardly dresses... so don't be confused... I think it's pretty normal :D

Wendy me
05-13-2005, 07:21 PM
julie ok i can helpe you here....house to your selfe no one home......don't feel like dressing??????call the doctor... this could be like bad....get out and buy something any thing this is a time for a hard core shopping trip..........what girl can't not wear something new out??????? and if that dosen't work then send them to me.......

more than luckly it's probly if you can all the time then it's just not that mutch fun ????
no could not be that....i just hope it is not catchy...........good luck

love you girlfreind.............

Lady Jayne
05-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Julie I think theres somthing to this stress thing, I know dressing makes me happy and helps me relax, so when I'm happy and relaxed I don't feel the need to dress so much. Don't worry it will come back,you don't have to push it. It's my guess that in a week or so you'll be going about your buisiness and suddenly be overcome with the urge to be femme.I'll bet when that happens there will be no stopping you!

Julie
05-13-2005, 07:51 PM
..........what girl can't not wear something new out??????? and if that dosen't work then send them to me.......

Would you believe I have clothes I have never worn because I haven't had the chance? I bought a bunch of casual summer clothes then the weather turned cold again. But you know what? I'm headed for the shower right now and I'm getting dressed in some summery outfits and I'm taking pictures. To heck with this blah feeling. I'm going against the grain and getting dressed. Soon the kids will be home from college and I'll be kicking myself for not taking advantage of this opportunity.

As Bill & Ted would say, PARTY ON DUDE!

Tamara Croft
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM

You mean DUDETTE!!!!

Julie
05-13-2005, 09:42 PM
You mean DUDETTE!!!![/color][/font]

You're too cute!

Tristen Cox
05-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Julie, I've planned days like that to get all decked up(not go out just be me for a change) and gone through all the work to get myself ready, only to turn around at the last moment and lose my interest. I wouldn't say it's rare. Maybe freedom is not so appealing once you have it. But good for you for going against the tide and surfing it out. :cool:

Wendy me
05-14-2005, 06:13 AM
Would you believe I have clothes I have never worn because I haven't had the chance? I bought a bunch of casual summer clothes then the weather turned cold again. But you know what? I'm headed for the shower right now and I'm getting dressed in some summery outfits and I'm taking pictures. To heck with this blah feeling. I'm going against the grain and getting dressed. Soon the kids will be home from college and I'll be kicking myself for not taking advantage of this opportunity.

good well like you said you would be kicking yourselfe....and it is a lot of work
a big pain in the as_ but worth it in the end... haveing just done photos .....
getting hair make up outfit camara ready....huge pain....but fun ..glade to see your pushing through it...

huge wendy hugs...... :p

Clare
05-14-2005, 06:27 AM
Ditto DonnaT!

The more stress i'm under, the more 'she' wants to emerge.

The way i see it, you're relaxed at the moment.

Don't get tense because you're relaxed!

The better half will reveal herself when the time is right.

Christine

Julie
05-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Yes, I finally came to my senses and got dressed. Since it's now warming up I get to wear summery clothes. After I showered and shaved I blow dried my hair. It's almost to my shoulders now but it isn't cut or styled and it's kind of shaggy. After I got dressed I thought I'd just wear a baseball cap and see how that looks then I saw my Bahama hats and I thought 'why not?' So I put on the more colorful one and it looked like I was ready for the links, skorts, sandals, cap sleeved top and turquoise jewelry. I looked and felt summery. Since I didn't plan on going anywhere I figured who cares if my hair is a bit unruly. It beats a wig.

Well I got the bug and called Jacki. She was at her sister-in-law's house and she invited me over. The three of us talked for over three hours. It was the first time I met her. She was very cool about me being dressed. Jacki is pretty much full time now so her sis-in-law has already seen this.

As the night went on I knew I would have to make Escapades before last call. I wanted some feedback from friends on my real hair. I got there about 1/2 hour before closing and saw about 5 or 6 people I knew. I forgot to ask about my hair but everyone complimented me on my summery look. I guess the hair must have passed. After Escapades closed I went back to Jacki's sis-in-law's house and stayed until it was light out. When I got home I thought I don't have any pictures of me outside so I figured what the heck. If someone sees me what can they do? So I took some shots of me on the deck.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/julie_outside3.jpg

I was wearing a turquoise skort and pink top when I went out tonight but when I got home I saw how it looked and I didn't like it so I changed for the pictures. Actually I changed a few times.:D
https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/julie_outside2.jpg
I was curious how I'd look in my straight wig and I took a few shots in my curly one too but they didn't turn out. The auto-focus wasn't working.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/julie_outside1.jpg
Those guy arms are such a give away

Vivian Best
05-14-2005, 07:41 AM
I think you are being too critical on yourself about your arms. The pictures of you are simply beautiful! That is a woman setting there man arms or not!
I also sometimes has episodes of not particularily wanting to dress although it doesn't happen often. I don't have a lot of opportunities so I take advantage of what opportunities I do have.

Vivian :D

MistyCD
05-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Relax girl, maybe you need to go on a vacation to get into the mood....

may I recommend a cruise.....

this way you have a reason to get dressed every night....dinner in the main dining room.

Luv Misty

Lady Jayne
05-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Wow Julie your a Babe!
I love No 3
all thats missing is a white wine spritzer

Melissa A.
05-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi Julie,

I have the same "arm-phobia", and try to wear sleeves most of the time. But I am trying to get over it, and have forced myself to buy some summer clothes lately. I think seeing you in short sleeves is helpful, too, as my arms are not alot different from yours. You look stunning. I love all your outfits as well. Glad you got the desire back. I wouldn't worry if it happens again. It happens. Lets face it: being a cd is hard work sometimes. That's usually my main obstacle: Time and energy. But whatever occasionally makes you feel like it's not worth the effort, again, I wouldn't worry about it. Just means you are human.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Wendy me
05-14-2005, 09:48 AM
veary nice julie love the outfits... and the hair is nice ...growing my hair as well......
isn't it a wonder full pain?????

Sigrid
05-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Great photo's Julie, you look great! And to think you weren't even going to get dressed at all.

~Sigrid

Tristen Cox
05-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Totally worth the effort Julie. I replied here so as not to bury the photos in the pictures thread. You look great! And no I'm not just sucking up to you:p I didn't really notice any problem with your arms at all ;) Keep up the good work. Damn it's good to have you back :cool:

Sophie Haworth
05-14-2005, 02:26 PM
I have dressed since my post about going out.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7617

I seemed to acheved a lot, and I have not felt like dressing since.

I know this is not permanent, and I have no idea when I will get the urge will return.

I am still reading forum posts and replying.

I have a new wig, not even taken it out of the box yet to try on.

Bought a bundle of 20+ itmes off e-bay, now in my wardrobe, not even worn.

I currently have no interest in trying them on.

This makes me an unreliable CD, I do not get involved in meeting others, because the urge to dress does not last long enough and so if an appointment to meet was made, I would not wish to make it.

It has been like this for me, for over 30 years, I have got used to it.

Sophie.

Julie
05-14-2005, 05:48 PM
And no I'm not just sucking up to you.
Damn it's good to have you back

Tristen, are you sure you're not just sucking up????? ;) Hehehe

And thanks, it's great to be back. I'm beginning to feel like my old self again. I think I really have been to hell and back but I got a great tan while there :p