PDA

View Full Version : Ear piercing

maidtina
06-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Yahoo!

Went out today and we got my ears pierced :)

I was a little nervous at first but all was straight forward and painless. The girls in the shop didn't bat an eyelid at a 44 year old man getting his ears pierced.

We chatted about the fact that they are expecting loads of school kids next week, at the start of the six week summer break.

Now I can't wait for them to heal so I can try out something other than the small gold studs used for the piercing.

maidtina
06-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Good for you, Piercings are fun, nothing to be ashmed about at all. I actually enjoy self piercing, or just around my ears and 1 in my nose. Had to do my toung at the shop, but am contstanly taking it out and repiercing it, cause it can get annoying

Well the ear lobes are my first that are permanently on public display but I have had others. Nipples for several years and a self performed PA that we still have fun with.

The trick is all the others could be easily hidden from people in a vanilla office, ears can't.

Abraxas
06-30-2004, 04:01 PM
You did your own PA?!?!
OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!

maidtina
06-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Yes my own PA. A home exersise that involved a lot more effort than simply going down the shop. I'd not recommend it to anyone not prepared to put the hours in but I didn't want some stranger doing it.

I researched it carefully and asked my GP several questions that suprised him, but which he answered after some thought. Guess he was pleased that I was at least making some effort to find out about it.

Biggest bugger is I'm needle phobic, and it took three attempts to get the correct position. A real case of desire outweighing the fear.

Of course now I'm realy proud of it :-)

Shy Charlotte
07-01-2004, 05:02 AM
Ugh, I've had my tongue pierced for 5 years, and a 10ga pressure ball in the cartilage of my left ear. I'm by no means needle-phobic, but can't imagine having to do those piercings myself.

Now, actually giving yourself a Prince Albert, wow, um, wow.
Was thinking of getting one a while back, and yes, I was abit reluctant to have a stranger with tatoos hovering over my little private with a sharp implement, but actually shooting my purple helmeted warrior in the head myself? Um, wow. I bow down to you.

Interesting note, I've heard rumors among the History Professor crowd that the Marquis de Sade actually sliced his penis down the middle, testing his theory that in excruciating pain one could find sublime pleasure. Just rumor though.

Um, wow, you pierced your own penis? That takes major cojones. If I could do that, my next goal would be to use it to halt charging tanks in Tianemen Square.

Wow, much respect...
The Shy One

p.s. And to think you were worried about piercing your ears :eek:

Bernadina
07-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Looks like I'm not alone in the world. I did my own nipple piercing and reverse PA.

I also got my ears pierced about 18 months ago. I have tiny white gold and diamond studs with screw on backs that I wear most of the time. They match our wedding bands. Some of my clients have said something like 'GREAT SCOTT HE'S GOT HIS EARS PIERCED'.

I like having the choice of being able to wear either clipon or pierced stye earrings.

- Dina

Bernadina
07-01-2004, 08:10 PM
The secret of doing a good belly button (or nipple) piercing is to get hold of a pair of Pennington forceps. They have open or looped ends. That way you can squeeze the skin and flesh at the point your want to pierce so the needle has a very short distance to go. The forceps are released after the jewelry has been inserted. The technique here is to not remove the needle and use the needle to guide the jewelry in.

Also watch the gauge. 14 gauge is very common and popular. Unfortunately its usually too small for most male piercing or any piercing that you will want play with. I suggest 12 as a start and you can go up from there. The smaller the number, the larger the gauge.

Other important details. Measure and mark carefully where you want the jewelry to go in and come out. That way you know where to put the forceps and where to pierce. And sterilize, clean, clean, sterilize and keep clean at least until after healing. After piercing, we’ve found TCP to be the best for cleaning and keeping sterile. Unfortunately its only available in the UK.

Also do a search on the web on body piercing. There are lots of sites with a whole lot of similar information. Like keep it clean, clean and clean until healed.

By the way, the belly button piercing can be one of the longest to heal and can grow out while healing.

- Dina

Shy Charlotte
07-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey Blair,

Regarding a cleansing wash for piercings, you can use Biotene for oral piercings, or for external use I suggest Bactine. Bactine also has a local anesthetic which supposedly helps with the pain. I didn't notice a difference myself when I used the stuff, but at least it's supposed to be there. Piercing's actually the easy part, it's the road to recovery that sucks.

Ug, can't imagine what the road to recovery would be like for a PA.

Hugz & Kisses,
The Shy One

maidtina
07-02-2004, 02:59 AM
Hmm belly button. I'd take that down the shop and get it done professionally. The skin is quite deep there and it will be difficult to do. Belly button is also reckoned to be one of the more painful ones with a long healing time.

As for the PA the skin is thin and the piercing only bridges a relativly sort distance. Consequently it's quick to heal (a few weeks if I remember correctly). Also almost self cleaning since urine is sterile if you are healthy, although it is a nasty bacterial growth medium once it's left the body.

Self piercing is not a cheap option if you are going to do it safely and correctly. You need to invest time in educating yourself and money to get the right equipment. Better to go to a reputable professional.

evelyn
07-02-2004, 05:20 AM
What exactly is a PA. I pierced my own nipples several years ago and self pierced my frenelum 8 times. ( I guess I got lucky when the ol doc did the circumcision because he left it there ) from what I've read they are more often removed. A shame because it's a great place to hang jewelry, also really erotic when going commando. If a PA is going through the glans then you certainly have my vote, I don't think I could do that.

PaulaJeanette
07-02-2004, 05:52 AM
OUCH...I'm not in to any form of body piercing. Just not my cup of tea.

maidtina
07-02-2004, 03:41 PM
What exactly is a PA

I'm sure there are lots of better descriptions out there on the Internet and we're getting off topic here, but a PA is a simple piercing. The piercing goes downward from the uretha and out
just behing the glans or head just in front of where the foreskin meets the shaft. As such it passes through no major structures and bridges only a short distance. Thus done properly it is quick to heal.

A reverse PA on the other hand goes upward from the same spot in the urethra and consequently right through the back of the glans, and to my mind this would be a much bigger issue.

A picture is worth a thousand words but I don't think we need to post them here.

Dallas
07-07-2004, 10:26 AM
HUH!!!

I thought I was the only piercing wierdo out here. I did my own ears a few years ago and have been toying with the idea of my navel and a PA for a couple of months. I origionally had considered my nipples too but guess what? that hurts WAY more than the PA will (determined through peliminary prodding on me)