PDA

View Full Version : Kids in the Hall improved with Experience

Beth-Lock
06-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I used to like the program, The Kids in the Hall,' especially the crossdressing, as the male actors played nearly all of the female parts.
What was interesting, was that as the show went on, they seemed to look more convincing as women. I do not think it was an illusion -- based say on me seeing them dressed as women more often and accepting them more.
I thought if they had all the professional resources of make-up people and wardrobe, yet they still took years to perfect it, to learn what really suited them, then it simply must take practice.
Then I began to think of women I knew growing up, and how they often looked much better, not to mention more feminine, as they grew older, presumably because they learned how to make the most of their appearance, which means, generally, making it more feminine. They had changes in hair style and done something like makeovers, and many attempts failed to make them look better, but from them they learned what did not work with them and eventually, what did. In fact one woman friend I grew up with looked at a photo of her as a teenager, and was horrified how bad she looked, and indeed, she looked much better once she grew up and got into her, say, thirties, or later.
What would your experience in observing GG's tell you about this? Do you agree at all?

Christine Kelly
06-16-2008, 10:48 PM
If you like the dressing in 'Kids in the Hall',
you should watch 'The Whitest Kids You Know'
It is KIH to the max!
And ALL the characters are played by 5 guys,
even the girl characters.

I do agree with your idea that women grow into a
style of their own in their thirties. It takes practice
to find what works for you. Trial and error.

jo_ann
06-16-2008, 11:38 PM
I concur, WKUK does it even better sometimes, like the brother who's made to play "motorcycle mama" :-)